Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Starview 1000TVL Sony CMOS CCD Aluminum 3.6mm 24IR Dome Security Surveillance Camera
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 19, 2015
I cannot recommend to any one in any circumstance.

First when I received and open the package, I was happy.
Cameras look well made with not cheap material. Felt strong and nice.

Well, it works in a way.
I am using 6 of them.
Each camera brings different tone in different brightness with not clear video quality.
After tune each camera they are kind of working in just acceptable condition.

The quality of output is lower than my 15 year old 420TVL Panasonic cameras.

Actually, one of the camera was not working from the beginning, but I already cut off power jack(it was replacement of my old Panasonic camera)

The DVR in use is NigNight Owl 960H 16 Ch with 2Tbyte HDD purchased in 2014, and cameras hooked up are Security Lab bundled 600 TVL cameras, old 420 TVL Panasonic cameras, and 6 of this Starview cameras.
on August 7, 2015
The picture is good and I only have one serious complaint. I have in my kitchen every night at sunset this camera clicks LOUDLY between day and night vision. I can hear it over my surround sound and everyone asks about it. Outside of that it is fine.
on July 3, 2015
The build quality is nice. Maybe I got a defective unit, but I think the image from this camera is far below 1000TVL. I have two other 1000TVL dome cameras that look like BluRay compared to this blurry/blocky VHS-like image. I also have a smaller, plastic 800TVL dome that I got on eBay for $10 shipped that looks better.
on March 26, 2014
700TVL Sony CCD Aluminum 3.6mm 24IR Dome Security Surveillance Camera, wide angle view and a much brighter night vision lighting than my zmodo cams I have, but faded and is outer of focus after some time while zmodo and cheaper brands for $15US still show clean after 2 years. I took them down and clean the lens of the two of them, same thing
on February 6, 2014
I purchased similar products such as these and they came with the power supply. This unit does NOT include the power supply. Also, this unit does not come with a locking allen screw to lock the base in place like similar products. If the individual can reach the security camera, the individual could loosen it and turn the camera in a different position. I just installed it today and the colors on my monitor are accurate and field of view is good for my purpose.

It advertises as 700 TVL, however there is really no difference when I compare it to another camera with 420 TVL. I compared the two camera views side by side, also my monitor is a very good led monitor. There is no difference viewing a 420 vs 700 in my opinion.

I know there is a one year warranty on this product, however, I'm not sure how to register the product should it fail. Looks and feels solid. Price is comparable to other units, but try looking for one that comes with the power supply.

Note: I paid 41.99 for this product and a few weeks later the priced has been reduced. Hope this review helps.
on September 29, 2014
So far, this camera is working out great. Picture quality is every bit as good as the more expensive cameras that came with my DVR. Arrived quickly, no issues during installation. Only had it 2 weeks so far, but am very pleased.
on December 29, 2014
Bought 2 cameras and just opened them on Dec 26 and one camera does not work . If you wiggle the wires going into camra it goes on. I should of opened and tested camera when I received it but didnt think there would be something wrong with a new camera in the box. Lesson learned. Now to late to replace.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2014
I installed this in a low height ceiling to monito individuals exiting and elevator. I am happy witht he image and the mounting bracket is easy to install and adjust for almost any angle. I am using it with 150' of video/power cable in a comercial environment connected to an older DVR and the image appears better than our $600 cameras.
on July 4, 2014
Great price. Works great with my qsee system i bought from costco. Now I can see who is stealing my avocados--- squirrels!!!
on September 19, 2014
Awesome little camera! If you need a wide fixed lens, stop looking and buy it!