5.0 out of 5 stars These ARE the best thing since sliced bread!!
I cannot speak highly enough of the Dishwasher Alert! I buy them 5 or 6 at a time because I give them to everybody, plus I want to make sure I have an extra one on hand in case my current dishwasher dies and has to be replaced.

Published on December 22, 2008 by sharkychick

2.0 out of 5 stars broke in 1 week
The words were easy to see, but the parts holding the glider broke in a week. I would not buy again.
Published 23 months ago by Mai Jia

5.0 out of 5 stars These ARE the best thing since sliced bread!!, December 22, 2008
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing

The one on my dishwasher has been there for about 7 years. It sticks in place perfectly, so you don't have to worry about it coming loose. If you have more than one person in your house, and even if it is just you and you are starting to get forgetful, you will find this to be an invaluable little tool! When you turn on the dishwasher, just slide it to 'clean' and when you put away the clean dishes slide it back to 'dirty'. It becomes a habit, and that is all you have to do.

I just gave away my last spare so I'm here looking for several more to have in stock. For the price it is more than a steal, and that's why I buy so many at a time because they are great to share with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, July 23, 2010
Cindy111 (Arlington, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
I was looking for a "Clean/Dirty" dishwasher magnet when I realized that my dishwasher front is plastic. I read the reviews on this product and ordered two - one for my daughter and one for me.

The adhesive backing is very strong, and it is unlikely that it will ever come off. However, I was pleasantly surprised that my husband was able to move it to another spot on the dishwasher when he didn't place it correctly the first time.

It works as advertised. It requires a little effort to slide it back and forth, but it's certainly no big deal. It looks like it's a part of my dishwasher.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! A dishwasher indicator that works!, October 28, 2008
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
This is the best of all the options for the dishwasher "Are these dishes clean?" dilemma.

- It has double-sided tape instead of a magnet so it will stick to your stainless steel dishwasher just fine.

- It stays firmly set to "clean" or "dirty" ... no accidental changes every time you open the door.

- It's fairly thin, less than 1/2" so mine is actually installed on TOP of the door between the edge of the door and the countertop. This way it's not ugly and obtrusive on my pretty stainless dishwasher :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, Works Great!, June 23, 2010
Mandy L (Central Mass) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
This product works great! First off, my hubby would leave dishes stacked on the kitchen counter, complaining that he could not tell when the dishwasher had clean or dirty dishes inside. Now he knows!

Second, our dishwasher is black and this indicator blends right in to look like an original part.

Third, I'm glad that it is stuck on, otherwise I imagine my dogs would have a great time batting it off onto the floor (New Toy!) and I'd be fishing it out from under the fridge every day.

Last, I would warn people with arthritis or other hand problems that on the item I received the sliding cover is pretty hard to move back and forth. I'm hoping it will break in over time. The slide fits very tight in the indicator and the little nubs to grip onto are very small. If you have hand problems, you may want to look at a differently designed product or mount this somewhere higher up (above dishwasher) so it is more ergonomic for you to work the slide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 17, 2009
Island Girl (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
I love that this has adhesive backing and is not magnetic, since I have a cat that loves to swat at things and knock them over. This is small and blends very well by the handle area of my dishwasher. Very convenient and easy to use - slides back and forth with ease so that everyone in the house knows the status of the dishes!

5.0 out of 5 stars great and good price, June 20, 2009
Bridget A. Osborn (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
I am so happy I bought this dishwasher sign. With 2 roommates and my hubby and myself it was hard to know when the dishes in the dishwasher were clean or dirty and since using this we now know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have if your kids do dishes, March 21, 2010
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
We were always asking the kids, if the dishes are clean. I used to have this on my old dishwasher, but three years ago, we bought a dishwasher with a light that comes on to tell you its clean. That is such a joke, becuase once you open the door to get something out, the light goes out. With this stuck to the front of the door, the kids or whom ever empties the dishwasher, just slides it over to dirty, and we know. When the dishwasher is turned on, they slide it to clean. I finally broke down and bought this after the third time that they unloaded a dirty dishwasher, and we had to redo all the dishes in the cupboard, becasue they cant tell by looking that their is crap on the dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 30, 2010
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
These are very functional, have an easy to slide cover that moves back-and-forth to indicate "CLEAN / DIRTY", it looks very nice (almost as if it were a part of the machine..why don't they make these manual indicators as part of the machines?) and it seems to be very durable. However, PLEASE BE AWARE that they are adhesive backed and would be "permanently" attached. Very useful and aesthetically pleasing; I bought two more to give to family.

4.0 out of 5 stars dishwasher sign, February 24, 2010
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
It is a fun little sign. Got it for the kids who are always asking if the dishwasher is clean or dirty >> then they never put the dishes in the dishwasher. Now they know whether the dishes are clean or dirty.(They still won't put the dishes in ....... Oh Well)
Still it is a cute sign and makes people smile.... dkm/ssm

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and stays on, March 2, 2010
This review is from: Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing
Our family of 6 always had a problem of figuring out if dishes in the diswasher were dirty/clean. This is an easy and effective way to solve the problem! The sign easily adheres to the dishwasher and stays there. I do wish the "Clean" and "Dirty" were different colors or something to really distinguish between the two, yet it still works perfectly and is easy to switch once you unload/load the dishwasher. No more guessing!

Hic 710 Deluxe Dishwasher Alert With Adhesive Backing