Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
asked by Stefanie Hammond on May 29, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Adam Clymer answered on June 4, 2010
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens has better image quality and image stabilization, it is definately worth the extra money.

Be aware that there is also a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens which is an even better lens then either of the two you meantion. The similar name to the bottom of the line Canon 75-300 can create confusion, as seems to have with the poster above.
Tom Martin answered on June 5, 2010
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
oh yes I'm aware of the 70-300 IS USM. thats my first choice, I just cant afford it right now. The 55-250 IS is at the top of my price range. Not much of a budget when your talking about glass, so thats why i'm really trying to do my homework and get the best lens i can afford. I just got a canon EF 70-210 3.5/4.5 off ebay but it arrived defective.
Stefanie Hammond answered on June 5, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i have both lenses..i'm a beginner, and i was wondering if i should keep both of them or get rid of one
Daniele C. answered on September 4, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thank you!! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. usually i get answers from people who are about as knowlgeable as I am, which doent really help that much.
Stefanie Hammond answered on June 5, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
will 75-300 work with Mark II D5?
R George answered on January 29, 2012

A
I bought a Canon T2i and would like to know if I should sell the EF 75-300 and replace with a EF-S 55-250 IS? I plan to use it mostly indoors at basketball games. I do not want to use a tripod. Thanks.
Tom 400S answered on February 23, 2012

A
Well I would say yes replace it. The EF-S 55-250 is a much sharper lens and also has stabilization so you can hand hold it at slower f stops. I have both lens. I just bought the Canon T3i and it came with the 55-250 lens, and I love it.
Michael Marsh answered on February 23, 2012

A
The Sigma 70-300 DG OS (with stabilization) offers similar performance to the Canon 70-300 IS but at hundreds less. Something to consider.
Tim A. Lucas answered on January 5, 2014

A
[Deleted by the author on Jun 4, 2010 6:13:16 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product