1,125 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompted a first product review, from an old cynic.
I'm 57 and have never bothered to review a product before. This unit deserves one.
I bought this to replace an old shower head, in an old house, in a city in MA, that is now rumored to have the highest water rates in the USA.
Published on January 6, 2010 by Alan Murtagh

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but go with their 1.6 gpm version
I have tested many Alsons shower heads including this one that I picked up at lowes. (Alson makes this head and Delta puts their name on it)

Published on September 21, 2008 by Mark Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompted a first product review, from an old cynic., January 6, 2010
Alan Murtagh "Murthog" (Essex, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta Faucet 75152 Water Amplifying Adjustable Showerhead with H2OKINETIC Technology, Chrome (Tools & Home Improvement)
My wife has a daily shower at 5am, and the noise of the flow through the copper pipes, apart from waking me up (and making me wanna go pee) seemed to go on for ever.
Another problem that we had is that, after about 2 minutes, the cold water in the mix arrived from the old clay pipe water mains which are about 10 feet down. In granite. In New England. In winter. It would suddenly (and shockingly) drop the temperature to tepid.

I did not expect a lot from an economical unit such as this.
This unit has:
1. Reduced the "pipe noise" level to where I thought initially my wife had given up showering!
2. Produced an increase in water pressure and rinsing action that allows my wife to rinse her hair in a fraction of the time.
3. Cut our water use bill by about 35%
4. Nearly eliminated the cold water shock problem described.
In short, I was so impressed that my 1st thought was to buy a lifetime supply of these just in case they stop making them!

5.0 out of 5 stars added air = greatly increased pressure, November 13, 2007
This head generates excellent pressure at only 2.5gpm and full coverage. It feels like more pressure than my generic showerhead with regulator removed, which allows 3.7gpm. The water flow of this Delta looks quite messy, but is not bad. The air that is added to the water to boost pressure does make it sting ever so slightly, but not as bad as most showerheads that use air to boost pressure. (The Oxygenics Trispa uses similar technology but it really hurts if you have average water pressure.) The build quality is excellent too.

I have tried over 10 showerheads recently, and this one has the 2nd best pressure of all of them. (The "best" one stings too much.) I highly recommend this showerhead. It is the one I plan to keep using. Sadly, it does not come in a handheld version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as designed ... and advertised, June 21, 2007
Oliver (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
What can I say. It's a shower head ;-). The lever toggles between 1.8 gallons per minute and 2.5 GPM. We leave it at 1.8 all the time since there isn't much difference to the 2.5 GPM setting. The shower feels good and not 'thin' as the really cheapy/stingy showerheads from the past - you know the kind: cone shaped and not much more water than an outdoor mister you find in the outdoor seating section at restaurants. At the same time, don't expect the same experience as a 4-5 GPM head. In our opinion a small sacrifice to make to conserve water.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rime of the Ancient Shower Head (Abridged), September 27, 2008
Day after day, day after day,
We bathed without emotion
As boring as a dripping tap
Just draining to the ocean

Not hot nor cold, could be controlled
Our shower was the worst
It either kept the water in
Or loosed it in a burst
"Twas time, it was, to make a change
"cos this old one is cursed

[The purchase is made, the Delta Amplifying Shower Head is installed]

We put thread tape around the threads
And tightened easily
And from the first the torrent burst
And filled us all with glee

Water, water, everywhere
Much easier than you'd think
Water, water everywhere
Drops big enough to drink

Ah! Well-a-day! What happy looks
Had I from old and young
Our ancient cross, our Albatross
Into the trash was flung

Farewell, farewell, but this I tell
To thee my dear house guest
If you should stay with me today
Our shower is the best.

Pros:

1. Aesthetically pleasing
2. Lifetime Warranty
3. Easy to install - only thread tape needed (not included)
4. Uses less water without sacrificing pressure
5. Has two settings - the water-saving 1.85 gpm and the high volume 2.5 gpm
6. Water pressure feels more powerful
7. Spray holes don't need cleaning
8. Affordable, and great value for money

Cons:

1. People don't want to come out of the shower - ever! (Can cause chronic lateness)
2. Now I have to go buy these for every shower in the house

Amanda Richards, September 27, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent showerhead, January 31, 2008
Eric S (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This is a very well designed product. It was purchased to replace a Waterpik showerhead that had outlived its usefulness. The Delta Fluidics showerhead looks substantial when you take it out of the package, and does not feel cheap at alll. Certainly not twenty-five dol lars cheap.

It installed in 25 seconds, with no leaks or other issues.

The real magic is to turn this thing on and get under it. It works like a charm! I have pretty low pressure in my upstairs bathroom, and this thing is like a miracle worker, creating a great spray that's a great mixture of power and coverage.

I wound up not using it on the high power setting, it was too "diffused" with aeration. The lower setting was plenty powerful. As noted above, plenty of coverage and good power. It's the first "aerated" showerhead that I've used which hasn't been slightly stinging or uncomfortable to be under for an extended amount of time.

Hard to believe that it's rated as a 1.8gpm flow. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great shower head!!, January 18, 2008
i bought this shower head and a zoe...the delta fluidics is better. the water pressure is perfect. i travel a lot and stay in some fairly upscale hotels - this shower head gives me a shower as good as any i can expect in a 5star hotel. for $25 it is a great buy!! a bargain really.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST shower head i have bought !!!, February 26, 2008
J. Rodgers (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
After searching Amazon I found the Delta Fluidics Adjustable Shower Head, after reading the reviews I ordered one. Well every review is right this is a great shower head!!! I have always have bought the $50 to $60 massaging shower heads and took out the water restrictors so I would get the high pressure I like. Of course then making it flow at least 4 gallons per minute. After reading about the Delta Fluidics Adjustable Shower Head I thought I would give it a try.
The Delta Fluidics Adjustable Shower Head is built very well I don't think there is anything to break or clog ever. Trying it out on the 1.8 setting it's a nice gentle spray but still enough power to spray off soap. On the 2.5 setting its has very good pressure to penetrate all the way to your scalp when washing your hair. But the BEST thing about this shower head is the spray pattern. The 4 jets spray out in a cone pattern creating a full coverage spray across your whole body. Unlike a ring of water jets that sprays out of a regular showerhead. This full body coverage makes the water feel hotter that it actually is and will save your hot water.
After my first use I'm ordering a second shower head for my other bathroom!!! And for only $25 you won't be disappointed :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but go with their 1.6 gpm version, September 21, 2008

To be honest I was stumped of how to adjust the flow. While they advertise 1.8 GPM it really is a 1.85-2,. gpm. The toggle did not seem to make much difference so I was not sure I had it set right or if it was broken. When I put a gauge in line I did find the pressure did change when it was at 1.85 which is having the toggle as in the photo. (pressure will increase with lower gpm) Turn it at right angles to be in 2.5 gpm mode. With my lower water pressure (62 psi) it was not making any difference by feel.

I order the 1 Alsons .6 GMP from Amazon.
The 1.6 GPM will give you a few more PSI and use less water.
The shower is very good and the 4 wide holes will make it less likely to clogg up.
It is a godo design (H20 Kinetics also known as Fluidics)
I do not think you will notice much difference between the two and why I recommend going with the 1.6 gpm if you like this design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well for low-pressure systems.., April 18, 2008
We have very low water pressure in one of our showers. I suspect it's the valve in the wall that needs to be cleaned, but who wants to take one of those apart? I bought this because I was tired of limp showers. This really did the job. In fact my wife turned it down becuase it was too much pressure. I'm not crazy about the water distribution pattern, but I understand they do this to make it seem like more water is coming out than really is. Along those lines, it's also a great water saver because it seems like more water is coming out than really is.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty, pretty....pretty good., March 22, 2009
I'm a 30 gallon a minute guy. Maybe more.

I want the sting of the high pressure nozzle.

I want to be wasteful. I do not care, just want to enjoy my shower. It is perhaps the best thing that will happen to me on any given day.....But.....

.....Times change and we need to be concerned about waste, yes?

This shower head does a pretty good job of making me satisfied but still feeling I've done my part to save water.

You can hear the sound of "savings" even when you have it turned to the highest setting. But it still (kinda)stings when on high and you have a quasi-sense of fulfulment after your shower.

To be blunt, it is worth the bux and you'll probably be quite happy with it (as I am)even though it doesn't sting you to death and waste gallons of water and wake you up....It kinda mushes-you.....An acceptable feeling in 2009.

Go ahead and click 'buy', you'll be as happy as one can be with our present shower head selections. It's worth the $. Trust me.