Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
[UPDATED] asked by Easyglide on December 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
Benjamin Kozera answered on December 20, 2010
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'd get the 7D. For one reason only, the buttons on the 60D are horrible squigy thingys.
Check out the review below:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalRevCom#p/u/28/4gCY1PQGFxM

Also check out the comparo between the 60D, 7D and the 550D (just for perspective).
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalRevCom#p/u/26/ET0idevzGRE
T. Genden answered on December 11, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I own an XTi, 30D and a 7D among other cameras. Believe me, you'll be VERY pleased with the 7D's high ISO performance. ISO 3200 looks better on the 7D to me than ISO 800 did on the XTi. I regularly shoot very low light events such as electronic art shows with excellent results.

As for those old negative reviews you mention, having used the 7D extensively myself from its initial release I'm afraid I have no logical explanation to offer for them.
Technology Guy answered on November 30, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As a Rebel upgrade, I'd add an additional option: the 50D especially if you're willing to take a used/like new model.

Owners are dumping them on Amazon.com marketplace and ebay for $650-$800 in like-new condition sometimes with a battery grip.

60D has video, better hi-ISO performance and better jpeg quality. However, if you don't care about video, you shoot raw and you can live without the best hi-ISO quality, then a used 50D is a bargain.
Gatorowl answered on January 2, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
7D Guy answered on December 1, 2011

A
Thanks! Great info. And yes, it makes sense if you're coming from 5d, the 7d would be less than that in terms of low-light capability. But I do'nt have the money for a 5D-type camera and I'm coming from an XTI, so it seems like it would be a great improvement over my current capabilities.
ALY answered on December 1, 2011

A
Another thing to keep in mind is that the 7D needs high qualiity lenses to really take advantage of the higher resolution.
Technology Guy answered on December 1, 2011

A
There is nothing better than a 7D. I jumped from (and still use the xti) to the 7.
If you go to youtube, and watch digital review to see how indestructable the 7 is, you will see there really is no other choice. I use the 7 for sports photography, and will be ordering my second 7, after signing off from this email.
david alvarez answered on January 18, 2013

A
I am confused about what my next lens should be. My canon 7D came with standard 28-135 zoom lense. I like to photograph flowers, nature, and kids. I was thinking about a 100mm macro or the 70-300mm. Would I be able to get close up shots of the flowers with the 70-300mm? Also, any suggestions for an external flash for this camera?
Karen Miller answered on January 31, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Technology Guy answered on February 1, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product