5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent album
In recent years, I've been having a difficult time finding music I enjoy. Suddenly, I discovered bands, like Riverside, Evergrey, and others, that are from overseas. Apocalyptica is one of these bands. Their true passion for music comes through, even in the made-for-radio songs.
Published on September 3, 2010 by Jason M. Spencer

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
I'm wondering if the positive reviewers have even heard the album, or have listened to past Apocalyptica stuff, because nearly every freakin' song on this album sounds the same. I love Apocalyptica but this album is unfortunately weak and dull. There are three songs on here I consider memorable and one of those three (Through Paris in a Sportscar) can only be found on the...
Published on January 11, 2011 by Renfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent album, September 3, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
That said, this album (though not my favorite of theirs) is outstanding. My favorites tracks include Through Paris in a Sports car and 2010. I generally enjoy their instrumentals the most, and they do not disappoint. '
Overall, if you are a fan of progressive metal/rock, or simply enjoy beautiful, deep music---this is for you. If you think more along popular culture's terms---maybe you should skip it.

5.0 out of 5 stars there needs to be more music like this, October 23, 2011
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Genres: cello metal, instrumental metal, symphonic metal, neo-classical metal, post grunge (three songs), hard rock, death metal (one song)

Apocalpytica is extremely unique and a must listen for all metal fans. I own this and Worlds Collide, so I haven't been listening to Apocalpytica for very long. I'm really confused why other bands don't incorporate cellos. It's a naturally heavy instrument.

7th Symphony has an excellent blend of songs. There's some really heavy tracks, some lighter ones, some epic productions, and some ballads.

Songs:
At the Gate of Manala: A completely epic opening. I listen to this song to get me in the mood to do epic things, except I don't really do anything epic.

End of Me: It's a decent song featuring Rossdale of Bush. I don't listen to Bush, but I like Apocalyptica's guest vocal songs to break up the instrumentals.

Not Strong Enough: This song just ruins so much for me. I cannot stand Shinedown nor Smith's wanna be grunge voice that's been in style since Creed. Plus, the music is structured like a generic contemporary rock song. As it turns out, this song wasn't written by the band, so I'm glad they're not completely responsible for this blemish. I know many people like Shinedown, but they make me want to vomit.

2010: A standard Apocalypitca song.

Through Paris in a Sportscar: This is one of the more unique tracks, but it's only available on the special edition.

Beautiful: A slow, relaxing break.

Broken Pieces: I'm glad there's a female guest vocal, although lyrically this seems really similar to Scabbia's appearance on World's Collide.

On the Rooftop with Quasimodo: An interesting instrumental. Yeah, it's a generic comment, but that's all I have to say about it.

Bring Them to Light: An extremely heavy song with death metal vocals. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I'm glad to see Apocalytpica make one.

Sacra: A slower song that helps set up the finale.

Rage of Poseidon: The mirror to the opening track; this song is even more epic.

Shadow of Venus: Normally, putting a bonus track after a song designed to be the end messes the album's conclusion up. But this song follows Poseidon very well. I'm not sure why it ends with several minutes of silence. I never understood songs that do that.

Every heavy metal fan should at least try out Apocalyptica and this is an excellent album to start with. Hard rock people and appreciators of technical music should also try this out. Considering that 3/4 of the guest singers are from hard rock bands, it appears Apocalyptica is trying to expand their audience.

I think 7th Symphony exceeded Worlds Collide, and I'm hoping their next album raises the bar even higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal and 3 Cello's DO make for some great tunes !!!, September 1, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
After hearing/watching the End of Me video on their official web site, I knew this would be the album that the masses would finally recognize, and it DOES deliver. ( And I KNEW I had to have it ! )
If you aren't into the "symphonic metal" sound, (think Kamelot) this is not the album for you. Just download the songs with guest singers, and be done with it.
A true musician is not "locked" into just one style/genre. You have to be well rounded to appreciate all that there is out there.

This album truly shows where these talented musicians came from (their classical roots), and brings us an album that is well rounded........ heavy, but also throws in a few more "classical" sounding pieces.

I am truly looking forward to where these guys are headed & I am along for the ride !

5.0 out of 5 stars The Growth of Apocalyptica, September 15, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Yes, I am an Apocalyptica fan. I admit it. So, maybe I'm biased. Or actually, they are really freaking amazing. I preordered this CD- which was taking a risk since I always listen to CDs wherever I can before I purchase them- because I wanted to be prepared for when I saw them in concert. 7th Symphony is a great album for new and old fans alike. Yes, it's a huge departure from Plays Metallica by Four Cellos, but over the years, Apocalyptica grows and grows to carve out their own niche in the world of hard rock and metal.

I haven't been a huge fan of their songs with vocals in the past, but End of Me and Not Strong Enough are legit. And I LOVE Broken Pieces which features Fly Leaf's Lacey. No lie, in the past I used to feel Apocalyptica was a little cheesy with the way they integrated vocals with cello, but 7th Symphony demonstrates that Apocalyptica is perfecting this art and rocking at it.

Seeing At the Gates of Manala live (in Los Angeles) made me truly appreciate the complexity of the music. I originally didn't care much for it, but now I think I will listen to it to grasp fully the nature of the song. My instant favorite was On the Rooftop with Quasimodo. But I am also a fan of the drum-driven 2010 featuring Dave Lombardo.

The only song I wasn't a huge fan of was Bring Them to Light featuring Gojira's Joseph Duplantier, but that was probably for stylistic reasons.

I haven't watched the bonus DVD, but I will soon. I love seeing the band perform. They are amazing. \m/

I fully recommend this CD, because I think it really defines Apocalyptica as a growing band. They are making their name, breaking into mainstream with their radio singles; their other, Apocalyptia-only songs are A+. They have so much variety with the singer-included songs, heavier cello metal hits (Through Paris in a Sportscar, Rage of Poseidon) , and their more melodic and softer composition (Beautiful, Sacra).

4.0 out of 5 stars Brent Smith!, January 16, 2011
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I got this album solitary because of Brent Smith's amazing voice, but now I listen to all the songs, so I got more than I expected!
Beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Keeps Getting Better...!!, September 4, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
These guys have been playing Europe for years now...and, sometimes, unfortunately, everyone finds out how talented your previously 'unknown' band truly is. This album does not disappoint. Three, sometimes four, cello's these guys play reach directions in music no one has dared go. They added a drummer a couple albums ago, and the technical drumline stays right inline with the mastery performed on each cello.

I've seen them live several times -- from scaled-down festival shows in Germany, to small-dive rock clubs in Seattle, WA, and Hartford, CT, to even a 50,000-plus stadium in Berlin -- the show's they put on are phenomenal. If you can make the show, don't miss an opportunity to see them live...and, well, if you've got the lyrics to some Metallica songs be prepared to participate in the band-induced sing-alongs!! They are truly professional musicians who know how to perform to any size audience...

The latest CD showcases what should become chart-topping hits on the better stateside rock-radio. With this CD, Apocalyptica has made it in the U.S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing talent and unforgettable CD! Buy it!, June 29, 2011
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I had heard the song "Strong Enough" on Octane (Sirus Radio) and I was floored! Brent Smith, from Shindown, is such an amazing singer, then you add the unique symphony sound of Apocalyptica with his voice... WOW.
I purchased the CD on special and found a new favorite CD!
You have got to hear the talent collaboration in this album. Amazing, just amazing.
Gavin Rossdale from Bush and Lacey are just a couple major acts on this album.

Apocalyptica calls themselves 'Cello rockers'...
I call them musically gifted artists!

Love it, love it, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars To all the boring people giving no helpful votes, August 28, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
First of all, I don't care if you hate the album or the band. All I say here is this, I liked the album, in times where stupid pop/gaga/bieber crap music flow free, is nice to hear some good rock driven symphonies. As always, Apocalyptica bring along great voices to sing with them. I liked it, if you didn't, I don't care. Bash my review, or better yet, come with one for yourselves explaining the downsides for your hate. Long live Rock music, and I'll keep singing along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., September 22, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
The CD and the DVD in this Deluxe Version are just perfect! I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!, September 20, 2010
This review is from: 7th Symphony (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
This is a great cd! I ordered before it was released and received it on the day of the release. Great to listen to in the car.

7th Symphony (Deluxe)
7th Symphony (Deluxe) by Apocalyptica (Audio CD - 2010)