Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 5, 2009
I have had my pool for about 7 years, and all I have to say about pool covers is that they seem all to be a dime a dozen. My average pool cover life span was two seasons, and yes this is with making sure that there wasn't too much down ward tension on the cover that would make it rip, and the sun fading the cover, general break down of the cover, really they all seam like a big round tarps that you might buy at "Wally World".
I would like to know how many people actually send back a piece of the cover to get some money back for a worn out pool cover, and then there's cleaning and trying to fold the damn thing, they are folded so neat when you get them from the store, then you try to fold them up for the summer, Ya right!
That's not going to happen, any how back to the cover.
The cover is the most inexpensive cover I have ever owned, all the other stores wanted $70-$120, I paid $63, for that much I'd replace it every two years just to make sure it stayed good. The cover is perfect sized and looks to be well made; I would recommend it to above ground pool owners.
on April 4, 2012
First of all, for some unknown reason this product is listed as a pool toy.

I ordered this pool cover in November 2011 to cover my pool for the winter. Installed the cover on the pool the first week of December. Then the last week of March, 2012 the cover came apart at a seam and dumped all the crap it is supposed to be protecting my pool from into the pool, creating quite a mess. I would have been better off to go the whole winter without a cover and never clean the pool out.

When I contacted VM Innovations about making a claim against the "1 year unlimited warranty/8 year limited warranty" I was told I had to return the cover at my expense although I had sent multiple pictures of the defective cover.

Why in the world am I expected to pay to return a crap cover, I don't know...

Anyway, buyer beware!!! This thing isn't worth its weight in trash. I would have been better off to cover my pool with saran wrap.

I have added pictures of the cover, please check them out.
review image review image
on November 26, 2012
This was the poorest excuse for a pool cover. Sizing was off, material was awful, rivet was missing. Returned it immediately (at my expense, of course). I would never recommend this to anyone!!! Don't waste your money.
on April 21, 2012
We've had this pool cover installed over our 24' round pool for an entire winter season now (in CT, but this winter was a light one compared to years past).

Grommets, strings, and clamp are all durable and strong components, and the fabric of the cover was surprisingly lightweight. The whole thing arrived in a very small box.

WHen i first installed this cover, it was as tight as a drum over the pool, i thought this thing was destined to rip. Not so. The material is somewhat elastic, with slack developing in the fabric over the course of about 2-3 days, with no loss of coverage around the perimeter of the pool (like you'd expect!). The fabric eventually relaxed to allow pooling of water on top which aided in its wind resistance.

After 6 months of coverage, the cover is still in great shape. Totally watertight (or appears as such anyway). Stood up to very gusty winds, kept leaves & debris out of the pool, Grommets and connectors all are in good shape after the long winter.

Surprised at how durable this product was given its price. Highly recommend this material and other covers by this supplier.
on August 2, 2014
I bought this pool cover and used it for 1 year. (not 8 years like it said) The liner was so thin and the cover started to disintegrate throughout the winter months. It clearly could not hold up to normal winter weather (snow, ice and rain) Because the cover was very thin the normal wear and tear of winter weather caused tiny holes in the liner because it was not durable. When I opened my pool up for the summer I had a filthy pool that cost me way more to fix than I saved buying this cheap cover. I had to end up draining my entire pool and scrubbing the walls. We have never had problems with our pool's chemicals in the past and we are known to have a crystal clear pool. I am confident that it was the cover that caused the filth, as it couldn't hold up throughout the winter months. I will have to purchase a new pool cover this year and will not be purchasing this brand or from this company.
on June 23, 2016
DO NOT BUY this pool cover. I purchased the cover in August of 2015. We covered our pool the last week of September, and after a few months, we stated to see spots where you could almost see through the cover. After Christmas, holes started to develop. When we were ready to open the pool, the holes were so big that we had a horrible time taking it off. The cover felt flimsier than a garbage bag. We have $5 tarps that were more durable than this. Sadly, we found a dead squirrel, hundreds of tadpoles, and leaves all over the bottom of our pool. We had to completely drain the pool! We have never drained our pool...what a terrible waste of money and water! We have had our pool for almost 10 years and have NEVER experienced a situation like this. This cover cost us so much time and money. I will add that we had an extremely mild winter in Southwest Missouri, we always close our pool properly and keep the water and debris off the cover. If we had experienced a typical winter, I have no doubt that the cover would have completely collapsed!

PRODUCT UPDATE ***Note the reference to this being "one of our lowest grade covers"! I don't remember reading that in the product description. Why would a low quality cover have an 8 year warranty?!

This is the response from customer service...
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent Amazon/Pool Center purchase. I have recently received your inquiry regarding your order. I apologize that you are experiencing problems with your cover.
At this time, this would be considered a warranty issue. What we can have you do is send a 6' x 6' section of the damaged cover back to us. The cover is still under full replacement, so we will send you out a new cover once the section has been received. Please also include a $10 check made out to Cortz, Inc. to cover the warranty processing fee for the new cover.
The return address is:
Pool Center
320 Industrial Dr.
West Chicago, IL 60185
We would need this cover section back by 8/09/16. Anything after that the warranty drops to being pro rated and a percentage would be covered and issued as an in store credit.

Please also know that this is one of our lowest grade covers. Most who get these know that they will be replacing it every year or so.

I have sent a message to customer service through Amazon and will update this review about how the 8 year warranty is handled.
on February 11, 2010
The pool cover was received promptly and was exactly as I expected. Will do business with this seller anytime.
on September 8, 2014
The item was well packaged. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of giving it a cursory exam before putting the chemicals into my pool. There were no tears or rips in the material but it is not heavy duty. When threading the cable through the grommets, one grommet fell off. Since I'd already applied the chemicals, I was committed to finishing the chore. Hoping it will last the winter. Beware.

UPDATE: It barely lasted the year. Covered the pool last month and the cover is completely deteriorating. Just chatted with an In The Swim Product Specialist. Only one year full warranty. The pro-rated value is 60% ( so the mfg reduces the cost by 40% after only 1 year). But I have to mail a 6 ft x 6 ft section of the cover to their warranty dept. Then, if they approve the claim, I will receive store credit with them for $35.99. Current price of the cover with them is $59.99. Not worth it plus would have to leave my pool uncovered and the winter months are brutal.

Poor product and very weak warranty.
review image review image
on November 19, 2014
I have a 21' pool and I am on my second winter using this cover. This is for a 24' pool but I bought it anyways because I wanted the extra slack. I drain 1/2 the water out of my pool when I close it and I wanted a cover big enough to accommodate all the rain water and snow that will collect on it in the off season without ripping. When I opened my pool this past summer I found that this cover did an amazing job. The water was as clear as the day I covered it. There was a little dirt in the bottom of the pool but that was to be expected. This cover keeps out big debris and sunlight so algae doesn't grow, small dirt particles will get through. For the money, this is the best cover you can get, hands down. Here's a tip, even though this cover comes with a cable and winch to hold the cover down, use a handful of small binder clips to clip this to your pool frame. This really helps hold it down in high winds. You can find the small binder clips at this link:

Remember, the better job you do at closing your pool this season, the faster you'll be able to open it next season.
on June 7, 2016
Have ordered 2 of these in the past 3 years forgetting it had a warranty. We bought the last on in Aug 2015 and the 7 months I had the pool covered it ripped and also wore enough that it turned the pool water black over the winter. With the last one I bought I have now ask for a replacement.