4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Portable keyboard
Published on December 1, 2010 by Lionel B.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died....
Published on July 7, 2011 by E. A. Heckman

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Portable keyboard, December 1, 2010
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
This is a pretty good product for about 10 bucks. It meets my basic needs to have a portable keyboard and turns my tablet pc (Exopc) into a mini portable work station whenever I want to get some serious work done. The material used for the keyboard is just very basic plastic but hey what do you expect for 10 bucks. The keyboard size is perfect and measures about 11.5" x 5.25" x 0.5". Goes nicely with my 11.6" slate.

The one issue I have with the keyboard is that the Fn key and the Ctrl key are reversed from my Sony Vaio and so this tends to confuse me every now and then so I knocked off one star. But for the price, I am happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little key board for the price, February 19, 2011
sk (miami beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
I like this space saving keyboard. It has lots of functions and shortcuts. It is not as sturdy as a Dell or Apple keyboard but the VALUE is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, October 29, 2010
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
Th keyboard is small enough to travel with and sturdy enough to type as the main keyboard. Good deal. The product is sturdy and everything I could hope for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, December 14, 2010
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
Was expecting an average quality, plasticky, moderately useable keyboard for the price, but pleasantly surprised. It has a firm metal base and a solid feel despite being light weight. Keys are comfortable, though the layout may require some getting used to (as with most small keyboards, and some of the function keys on the bottom row might be too narrow for accurate touch typing). May not be ideal for word processing, programming, or gaming (where accuracy and speed are important) but as a keyboard for a nettop (I bought mine for a Zotac zbox running xbmc), it's great. Easy to stow away in a small corner when not in use. Will make a good travel keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat Little Keyboard, February 11, 2011
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
I was worried that this little keyboard would have different key spacing from a "normal" keyboard, but with respect to key spacing,it's full size. All it lacks are all those keys to the right that I've never learned to use anyway.

The best part is that it takes up so little room on my desk, and it looks rather neat.
The only inconvenience is that the CTRL key isn't exactly where I'm used to having it, so there's a learning curve--and I'm on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died...., July 7, 2011
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
Well...I bought this keyboard on June 17 to use with my Wii. It worked great...the two times I actually used it. Here it is the first week in July...and it's dead. I realize I bought a cheapo keyboard...but I used it TWICE...and it spent most of that time sitting unplugged on top of my television because I needed to reorganize my entertainment center cables to make a space for it inside. (And there was a week of vacation in there too...

I'm disappointed. I hate playing the "return until you get a working one" game...so I'm going to pay a few more bucks and try a different keyboard. It's a shame though...because the size makes it a perfect media center keyboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid keyboard that does what it needs to, June 16, 2011
Ryan Wilson (North Olmsted, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
I've only used this keyboard a handful of times (usually only when my headless server needs maintenance), but I'm constantly impressed by how solid it feels. The entire back is metal, yet it's light enough to carry in a PC repair bag. I would definitely buy again if I needed another. The only downside is the USB cable is relatively short, but that can be mitigated with an extension.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than $100+ keyboards, December 9, 2014
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
This isn't just a cheap keyboard... No, it's more ergonomic and built better than $100+ keyboards. I am a very, VERY fast touch-typist on this keyboard. Anything else slows me down, and I hope these are still available for sale for decades to come, when mine wear-out and I need more again.

DURABLE: The back is a solid and thick plate of steel, not plastic. It's held together with FIFTY screws. I've owned three of these keyboards over the past decade (they were PS2 actually), I've used them as my primary keyboard for all my extensive typing, and I'm only just now ordering new ones because a cat chewed through the cord, and it's cheap enough to just buy a replacement. The one I'm throwing out had highly polished keys from YEARS of use, and several key labels entirely worn off, but it was still working great.

ERGONOMIC: The small size (no num-pad) means it's a much shorter distance to reach the mouse... something you do constantly. That smaller distance makes a huge speed-up and relief on your shoulder. I bought it because it was the only keyboard I could find at the time with 0.5" height all the way across. That's just the right height for palms wresting on the table, and fingers arched out over the keyboard. With an incline, you have to constrict your fingers much more, and the added stress adds-up... This is why "ergonomic" keyboards are sometimes ergonomically much worse than the cheapest keyboards (these were $25 when I bought them, not the cheapest back then!) The keyboard is closer to silent than anything else I've used... Your own typing doesn't interfere with what you're trying to listen to, bother people trying to watch TV, and only has minimal sound that might bother those trying to sleep nearby,

These are easy to clean (or to rearrange the keycaps). You can safely just pull on one side of the key, and it'll pop right off safely, and go back on just as easily, with no small pieces falling off. Only the larger keys like space and enter have extra fasteners that need just a bit more consideration. From there it's easy to pull out any hair and lint accumulated and restore the keys.

Only limitation for rearranging the keys (for Dvorak typists) is that the right-hand side (punctuation keys) are maybe 1/16th inch smaller than the rest of the keys. A bit of sand paper can reduce regular sized keys to the smaller key slots, no trouble at all. In fact I've never noticed the slightly smaller keys in that area to negatively affect my touch-typing at all. I still wish they'd fix this, if possible.

I only wish I could buy a small laptop (netbook) with a keyboard anywhere near this good... They're always so awful, and size isn't an excuse when this one is smaller than many of them, and ergonomically is absolutely great!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, February 6, 2011
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
This keyboard is practical and inexpensive. One con I did find is the key labels wear quickly. The size, price, and key style are great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needed replacing within the first 60 days, January 7, 2013
This review is from: 89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard (Personal Computers)
I ordered this keyboard for my work computer. I'm not particularly rough on my electronics, and, as an office worker, my electronics are not subjected to abnormal amounts of dirt. The first keyboard stopped working in the first two months I owned it. I contacted the manufacturer, and they said they would replace it but would not reimburse my shipping costs. It cost me almost as much to ship it as it did to buy it new in the first place!

89-Key Mini USB Windows® Keyboard