Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on April 7, 2016
I watched this because I like to hear all the angles. I'm sorry, but the entire 9/11 Commission Report is full if lies, half truths, and ommissions. They didn't even discuss WTC 7, and complete removed Norman Minetta's testimony from the record. Lets not get into the fact that four planes flew wildly off course fo 90 minutes over the most heavily guarded airspace on the planet without a single one being intercepted by an F-15. Let's not even get into the fact that all 4 airplanes flew faster than allowable operating speed that day. Let's also not get into the fact that Bin Laden denied involvement, and to THIS VERY DAY, the FBI Wanted page for him still doesn't list 9/11 as a reason for his being wanted.
"On June 5, 2006, the Muckraker Report contacted the FBI Headquarters, (202) 324-3000, to learn why Bin Laden’s Most Wanted poster did not indicate that Usama was also wanted in connection with 9/11. The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Conspiracy only means, "to conspire". Our government has turned it into a bad word. It is obvious why. I'm highly educated, and have a series of letters after my name. When there are thousands of engineers, architects, and former combat and commercial airline pilots who can point out hundreds of impossibilities that day, I have no problem dismissing the entire "Commission". A movie about this farce was not needed.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
Full of detail! Loved this documentary. PBS has a documentary called Bush's War, and HBO has a movie on the Hussein family. Add these together with this, it's a good look at some powerful men, and a good look at history. Get these and enjoy. Mind Blowing!
on September 18, 2010
"The 9/11 Commission Report" is a low-key docudrama that treats its subject matter with respect. It raises many questions while entertaining the viewer. It has no explosions, no car chases, no massive battle scenes, no spectacle. Standard Hollywood cliches are limited to the following: one couple gets together, interrogations get messy, and a gunfight gets bloody. Beyond that, a lot of tension builds and interpersonal/interdepartmental conflicts occur.

As a movie, it has the impossible job of compressing a large number of weeks and characters into an entertaining movie. I believe that it works. The script moves quickly, the locations look perfect, and the actors rise to the occasion.

As a docudrama, it can not be taken as fact. It selects certain real-life elements; for example, some of the dialogue (interrogation records) is based on that. And then the movie makes up everything else. But it still feels real and raises many questions.

The movie follows different characters through the events leading up to the September 11, 2001 attacks. As a docudrama, it can not be taken as fact. However, it does show all of the characters (US government officials, CIA operatives, FBI agents, and terrorists) as realistic characters who believe in their respective missions and callings. Who is right? Who is wrong? The viewer will see what he wants to see in this movie. Five stars for providing a movie that deals with the real world.
on September 7, 2015
I first watched this on Netflix and loved it. It details the happenings leading to 9/11.
on January 3, 2015
Good video on what really happened that historic day.
on November 29, 2011
I'll keep this review short; but I picked this Blu-Ray up at Fry's Electronics, because I saw it was in the bargain section for only $5.99. I figured a Blu-Ray for $6 was a great deal, and I happen to be interested in 9/11-related movies & documentaries, plus the quote on the front compared it to 'United 93', which was a great movie. So I was sold.

While watching the movie, it started to become apparent that the story predictable writing with corny dialogue. I don't know if it was "predictable" to me given that I had already read the 9/11 Commission Report, but I doubt it. But a lot of the dialogue was just silly.

Someone else here said it was "atrocious" acting - and while it may seem like that at first, I'm also aware that poor production & direction can make otherwise good actors look bad. I thought some of the actors were good, and that the bad elements of the movie overall was a mix of bad writing, directing, and bad acting.

The movie was all over the place, jumping scene to scene, and it just wasn't very interesting. I wanted to give it 2 stars as I was trying to find some redeeming quality of the film, but I just couldn't.
on February 16, 2013
I have read the 9/11 Commission Report. This was like watching its summary. Well made. Covered the most key points.
on November 1, 2009
Whether you read or didn't read the 9/11 Commission report this movie is a interesting watch. The movie is either a supplement to book and all it's details or a good summary of what the commission found. What lead to the events of 9/11 need to be understood and remembered. Already America is beginning to forget and this movie can act to renew those memories and make us realize how much 9/11 impacted our lives.
on January 21, 2013
It's unpolished cinematography, it's amateur actors and it's mediocre script still doesn't crush the fact that they did convey facts within the report. I only gave it 5 stars for that reason.
on July 23, 2011
I love these a&e/history DVD releases. They are always well produced and full of information. This one is no exception. For anyone interested in 9/11 this is a good buy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse