Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 100 #4 9.5x14.5 KRAFT BUBBLE MAILERS PADDED ENVELOPES #4
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 12, 2012
OK, So you sell on the internet and you can't find that jack-of-all-trades shipping package, some are too big, some too small. Well, you need to add this to your list!

I started out my internet selling last year with the #2 size bubble mailer (8.5x12?), which was the right size for paperback books and single or multiple disc DVDs and console games. They worked great, but were too small when an item started to get a bit thick (like a DVD box set), and they wouldn't hold a hard back book. I finally worked through them and I got these hoping that they could hold things the previous couldn't.

So, for a couple tenths of an ounce more, these seem almost twice as big! I tried one on a small paperback book, just fold it over (in half) and it ships securely!

Learning time: Kraft is not specifically a brand, Kraft is a paper production process that creates a stronger paper (Kraft process). So, don't think that you're buying Kraft brand, because it's only a indication of the TYPE of paper used.

UPDATE: OK, I've shipped out a bunch of items with these now. this is larger than the last size I ordered, and I have had zero problems. However, I have had to fold the envelope over on all but one shipment, and I didn't realize how BIG these were before ordering. That's my fault though.
on December 18, 2010
I ordered 400 9.5 x 14 envelopes and they arrived on my doorstep in no time at all, in 4 large boxes. The envelopes were in great condition. I had to mail a 6x9 paperback book along with a 20-page 8.5x11 catalog and the envelopes were ideal for that. For several recipients, I wanted to send two copies of the book, and while they just fit into the envelope, the bubble liner is thin so I had my doubts. I mailed two of the packets to myself, one with one book and catalog and one with two books and catalog, and the one with two books arrived with a large tear in the bottom. That being said, I knew I had pushed the limits of reasonable contents. All in all, great product and great service. UPDATE: SEVERAL RECIPIENTS REPORTED LARGE TEARS IN THE BOTTOM SEAM OF THE ENVELOPES, AND MANY OF THE PAPERBACK BOOKS WERE LOST. THIS INCLUDED THE LIGHTER-WEIGHT CONTENTS. I AM NOT LIKELY TO USE THESE AGAIN FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE LIGHTEST OF CONTENTS.
on January 25, 2012
These are the worst bubble mailers ever. First of all they are a lot thinner than the real Kraft bubble mailers. Most of the bubbles already lost their air. What's most annoying is that when you're trying to remove the seal strip it rips the envelope and there's absolutely no glue left to seal the envelope. I'm not able to use these envelopes. VERY DISAPPOINTED. If I would've known I would've ordered more expensive bubble mailers from a different seller.
on October 22, 2012
+++ BACKGROUND +++
I have gone from shipping a few items a week on eBay to shipping several dozen. To cut costs, I have stopped using the priority bubble envelopes from the UPS and tried using these envelopes as a substitute.

+++ USEAGE AND RELIABILITY +++
The envelopes are a little thinner than what you get by purchasing a name brand but, considering how many more you get for the same amount of money, a slightly lesser quality is expected.

The bubbles are rather thin inside the envelope and so I purchased a roll of bubble wrap to double insulate items shipped inside the envelope for added protection.

The self sealing lip on the envelope is not very strong. To make sure the envelope seals properly I add two stapes through the edge of the envelope on the side with the opening.

+++ CONCLUSION +++
The expression "You get what you pay for" rings very true with these envelopes. These items are worth the purchase if you are willing to put up with average to sub-average quality product in the name of saving money.
on April 18, 2015
Excellent! This size is hard to find in the stores here in town and I needed them for my book that I have for sale (an 8 1/2 x 11). Exactly what I wanted and I'd buy them again in a minute . . . but I won't have to. Silly me, I didn't realize how many 100 were. Now my only problem is finding some place to store them and I only use 3 or 4 a week!
on January 23, 2012
I bought these mailers because the listing mentions that they are made with heavier paper than most but the reality is that these are the lightest, flimsiest mailers I have ever purchased and am now having to use more paper inside, around the product I am mailing to provide substance and protection. I reached into the box to pull some out as they were naturally packed in snugly and the tops of about four mailers just easily tore off in my hands. Very disappointing; I won't buy them again.
on January 10, 2015
Product is very inconsistent. Two of my last 6 shipments were crap. I'm returning this one, interior dimensions are 3/8" smaller than described which is critical for my product. The bad lot before that had envelopes with 1" margins along the length of one side but completely open on the other. This is a great value but not if the product quality varies so much.
on March 4, 2014
i bought these to ship glossy covered books. First the bubbles were stuck together inside and then when i inserted my book - it got stuck to the sides. So i then used a piece of paper and book finally slide in. But then it would come out without cutting the package open. I had planned to send back to company but i had to the pay the shipping to send back and the shipping was outrageous because of the size of the box. It would cost more to mail back to get a refund than i paid for them the first time. Very disappointed in the whole thing.
on March 15, 2014
I need to ship 8 1/2” wide items. They don’t fit in this 9 1/2” mailer. I guess you have to purchase a 12”+ mailer to fit in 8 1/2” inches?
Give and stand by INSIDE DIMENSIONS. Quit hiding the facts. 9.5” doesn’t mean much if you can only put in 7” wide product. Looking at this, it seems like I’m talking about some kind of sex act :0 - I’m not, it’s a real problem with the product.
on August 27, 2014
I think I bought these from RoyalMailers last time, which I wouldn't recommend. The quality of the mailers was "eh". The flap doesn't stick well at all and needs to be taped down.

Buying from another source this time and hoping the result will be better somehow.