Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2009 6:52:59 PM PDT
B. Blanton says:
The Kindle version of this book is priced closed to the price of the hardcover price for the book. It seems that for new books coming to market and some old ones, the new Amazon/publisher policy is that most books will be priced this high. This policy seemed to change when Kindle2 was released. They may be dropped temporarily but then will rise again in the future. So, we get to pay $350 for the reader and close to the hardcover price (almost for the Kindle book which we can't share, sell or loan. Something to keep in mind. Many Kindle owners aren't buying books over the old price of 9.99 and that is what the 9.99boycott is all about.

We only wish this company well because we absolutely love our Kindles (I bought 100 books last year..almost anything I wanted for 9.99). Unfortunately, the 50% price hike wasn't announced to those of us with 1's or the new Kindle2 owners. The math doesn't work out so well when the new Kindle books I like and buy are going up an average of 50% and my 401K has dropped an average of 50 %!

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 10:41:30 PM PDT
mikejkelley says:
I agree. Please support my comments on my review of the new Steve Jobs bio.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Note to Self: 30 Women on Hardship, Humiliation, Heartbreak, and Overcoming It All
Note to Self: 30 Women on Hardship, Humiliation, Heartbreak, and Overcoming It All by Annabelle Gurwitch (Hardcover - January 6, 2009)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (27)