- Size (LWH): 2.56 inches, 4.17 inches, 0.98 inches
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro2 9000mAh High Speed 3A Portable External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for Smartphones, Tablets and More (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- PowerIQ™ technology maximizes compatibility with Android, Apple or other devices by enabling charge speeds of up to 3 amps overall or 3 amps per port.
- 9000 mAh of capacity and an energy efficiency rate 10% above previous generation Astros and many current standard alternatives charges the iPhone four+ times and large-capacity phones like the Galaxy S4 almost three times.
- A ''shake'' starts a charge or displays the remaining power level. The ultra-low power consumption (100000 shakes consume less than 1%) 10-LED power meter balances accuracy and aesthetics.
- Sturdy construction and matte finish withstand bumps and drops. Grade A cells and premium chips ensure reliability. Input: 5V / 1.2A; Use a 1.2A adapter (not included) with the included USB cable for the fastest charging time (8 hours).
- Package contents: Anker® 2nd Generation Astro2 External Battery, webbed travel bag, micro USB cable, welcome guide, 18-month hassle-free warranty. (Apple adapters, 30 pin and lightning, Samsung 30-pin adapter not included).
High-Quality External Battery Packs from AmazonBasics
Safely charge your smartphone or tablet with a portable battery pack from AmazonBasics with power overload protection. Shop now.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
PowerIQ™: Compatibility maximized.
Not all charging ports are created equal. Standard ports only communicate effectively with particular devices, like Apple OR Android, often limiting their recharge rate. But with PowerIQ™ technology, each port intelligently identifies your device to speak its unique charging language. So plug in any brand or model and enjoy compatibility that doesn't limit your charging speed.
Packed with power.
We figure, the more power, the better. Packed with 9000mAh of juice, and featuring an energy efficiency rate 10% above previous generation Astros and many current standard alternatives, the new Astro2 charges the iPhone four+ times and large-capacity phones like the Galaxy S4 almost three times.
Chic and minimalistic, the new Astro2 may feel reserved at first. But, a friendly ''shake'' reveals its warm inner light to display the power level or begin your charge. Generous, cool, and delightfully intuitive, the new Astro2 is perfect for your next adventure, or just the daily grind.
For optimal use.
• Please use the included cable(s), your device's original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with all Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices. The iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, LG G2, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices are not supported.
• The included Micro USB cable is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S5, Note 3 and other Micro USB 3.0 devices. To connect, insert the cable's Micro USB tip into the larger of the two connection ports on your device.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 6:00 Mins|
It is a great power resource to keep your USB recharged devices operating on those long work or school days or while you are traveling. This battery pack is a powerful source of power and many people like me are power users of their smart phones and tablets and need a battery like this. If you are constantly using your phone or tablet then you know that they will run out of power sometime during the day or evening. If you are not near an AC wall outlet with your charger or in your car with a charger what can you do? It is especially important to have some way to recharge if you are traveling in a plane, in the middle of a school classroom or on a bus or train. In addition many of the newer tablets are real power hungry devices and it takes a lot to recharge them.
Here is a powerful battery pack with two USB ports. It can charge your tablet devices or charge your smart phone and if you want it can do both of them simultaneously. I charged two iPhones at the same time in my testing. One Smart USB output port is rated at 5 VDC and 2.4 Amps and the other one is rated at 5 VDC and 3 Amps. It uses Lithium-Ion battery technology and carries a 9000 mAh capacity.Read more ›
After looking at all sorts of batteries and reviews on Amazon I decided to call Anker's customer service number to try to get a recommendation. I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised when I reached a U.S. based customer service representative who was extremely helpful. She discussed the pros and cons of the various models I was considering, and wound up recommending the Astro2. About a week after my purchase I even received a follow-up e-mail from Anker letting me know that they are always available to provide support which just capped off a level of customer service that is rare today.
The battery itself appears to be very well made. It has a nice rubberized coating and comes in a padded mesh bag. The included micro USB cable and 30 pin adapter work well with my iPhone 4s, but those with Lightning devices will have to use their own cable. It is a about the diameter of a pack of cards but a little thicker, and has no buttons. The led charge indicator is not visible unless you shake the battery to wake it up, and is in the form of a segmented ring. All in all I like the design very much.
I would recommend this to someone with needs similar to mine, or would recommend other Anker models to those with different external battery needs based upon the quality of the products as well as customer support.
update, customer service has contacted me and has exchanged via a free new Anker without the sensor motion feature, After their concern on their part in making me happy i was quite surprised at how much they went out of their way to make things right, now if more companies cared enough to actually reach out to their customers like Anker has done,shopping would be so much better, having a company that actually cares means they have a customer for life, NICE JOB CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!
However, the customer should feel confident that they will buy a battery that lasts. My battery worked fine then I noticed the indicator LEDs began becoming misleading. I never return items unless they hold a significant value due to te fact that the return process always feels tedious, but I felt impressed when a customer service agent contacted me after my purchase. After mentioning te issue, the representative asked if I would like a return or replacement. The battery worked well initially, so I requested a replacement. I immediately received a shippig label and received a new retail battery within two days of my request. Without even confirming if I sent on the return yet, I received a brand new product. Customer trust should always come first in customer service and Anker Support alone sets an average battery apart from the strong competition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. Helps keep my phone charged at important times.Published 19 days ago by E David MacDonald
Great value! I usually leave my house by 7 am and am not back until around 10 pm. Works great to carry in purse or bookbag for few days without having to recharge while charging my... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Bethany F.
Takes 8 - 10 hours to charge but is good for many uses and I cannot go anyplace without it. It is powerful enough to charge my tablet also.Published 22 days ago by Anthony Mirabella
Use it for my go pro, last nearly ten hours recording. Awesome.Published 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
Haven't needed its backup power, but can vouch that it holds its charge for a LONG, LONG time. Would buy again.Published 1 month ago by BlueRidge