4.0 out of 5 stars Great!
Published on January 23, 2012 by N. Larsen

1.0 out of 5 stars beautiful faucet, disastrous plumbing components
Published on January 17, 2012 by CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Delta 9178-SS-DST Leland Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Stainless (Tools & Home Improvement)
I love that this is a simple design. The pull out faucet is much easier to work with than the type where more of the neck of the faucet pulls out with the head. The handle is easy to move from hot to cold. My only complaint is that I have to double check to make sure that I turned the water off all the way rather than leaving it dripping a little bit. ***Make sure that your fabricator leaves enough room with the hole that they drill for the handle to rotate backwards without hitting your backsplash. You need about 2.5" from the center of their hole to the finished backsplash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally Nice ~ HEAVY DUTY KITCHEN FAUCET, May 7, 2011
Rich K (Punta Gorda, Florida) - See all my reviews
I was surprised how heavy and well made this faucet was when I first received it from Amazon. Even the plumber I used to install it commented as to what a nice faucet this was. He did not have any problems installing it except he did have trouble threading the flexible hose through the faucet. But with a little patience it finally went through.

Some one that is handy could probably install this without a plumber. I was going to do it myself but I was having other plumbing work done, so while the plumber was here I let him do the faucet also. Yes!! Looks like I am getting a bit lazy in my old age, but so be it.

Everything on the faucet works nice and smooth. The handle is comfortable and easy to adjust the water flow from high to low and from hot to cold. The pull out wand works well when you pull it out or push it back in, plus magnetically locks into place when it is in. The button on the wand to select full flow or sprinkle works well also.

This looks like a good price for this on Amazon, I checked around. Plus with the free shipping and no tax how can you go wrong for this quality faucet.

Check my photos under customer images on the product page, Thanx

If you are looking for a new kitchen sink check out the Swanstone QUAD-3322-076 32-Inch by 21-Inch Large Granite Single Undermount Ascend Bowl, Granito Finish which comes in 4 different colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great faucet for the money!, April 18, 2011
We just installed this Delta faucet as part of a kitchen remodel. On full-spray it does splash some water onto the counter, but we've found that we rarely need it on full pressure - the spray at mid-power is just fine for most things. The toggle for switching to and from spray to regular stream is very easy to use. It looks beautiful and we love the magna-tite head. There is a weight on the hose (under the sink) and it takes some getting used to ....you have to use more strength to pull the hose out. Overall, a great faucet for a good price and shipped in a timely manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use Silicone Grease on hose., February 11, 2012
This faucet is the perfect solution.

It's attractive. Tall enough to get large pots under it, or wash your hands and arms without pulling the faucet head out.
Magnetic head attachment won't wear out like a plastic catch.
The switch on the head changes from stream to spray easily with one hand, and doesn't stick.
Can't leak because there are no "O" ring seals like other faucet brands.

The only problem I found was that the hose was hard to pull down/out, and stressed the swivel joint at the bottom of the goose neck.

I had some silicone grease used for swimming pool "O" rings, and that solved the problem.
I coated the hose completely with the grease, and it pulls out smoothly, and almost effortlessly.

The grease isn't sticky, and lasts a long time without re-applying.

These should work:
Novagard G661 General Purpose Lubricating, Protecting and Dielectric Silicone Compound, 5.3 oz Tube
Novagard G662 General Purpose Lubricating, Protecting and Dielectric Silicone Compound, NSF61, 5.3 oz Tube

4.0 out of 5 stars Broke upon delivery, November 4, 2011
Bought the Delta faucet 9178-ss-dst about two weeks ago. After I had it installed, the faucet had a slow drip. I called Delta and they were very helpful. They told me the problem was probably the cartridge. Delta setup to send me a new cartridge, for me to install. The day after speaking to Delta, water sprinkled out of the faucet from underneath my counter. After shutting the water valves and cleaning up the mess, I called Delta back about this new problem. They said the cartridge, which was on the way, would fix the second problem as well as the first. Once I received and installed the cartridge, all was well for about four hours. The water wasn't dripping anymore, now it was lightly streaming out of the faucet and the second problem was sprinkling my inner cabinet from underneath again. So now, Delta is sending me a new faucet. Delta has told me that I will be reimbursed for the charges I will incur for bringing my plumber out again to install the new faucet. Delta has been very helpful so far. If it wasn't for Delta's customer support, I would have given this review the lowest rating. I will follow up with another review once my new faucet is installed. LG

1.0 out of 5 stars beautiful faucet, disastrous plumbing components, January 17, 2012
The faucet itself is beautiful, appears to be very high quality. Unfortunately the plumbing components that are included with the faucet were not of the same quality. The faucet was installed about 6 months ago with no problems. And yesterday, after a likely surge from the city water (which aren't uncommon), the hose disconnected itself from the joint and gushed water for a few hours ruining two floors of my house. I don't have a vast knowledge of plumbing components, but the plumber that came out to fix it, basically said that the connector was relying on a small plastic piece, and that the component is not reliable. If you do purchase this faucet, please be sure to upgrade your hose connection to the joint and don't rely on the parts that are included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking faucet, only slightly disappointed..., July 28, 2011
Wayne Johnson (Glendale, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I just installed this faucet yesterday, as a replacement for an old faucet (different brand/style) that had gone bad. The installation went fairly easy, really the only problem I had was that the supplied plastic socket they give you wouldn't go up over the nut, as there wasn't much room with all the tubes coming down out of the faucet - but I did eventually get it on. One of the selling points about this faucet (to me anyway) was the Magnet locking feature, and that is what slightly disappoints me. The literature says that the magnets will engage when the faucet head is in the proximity of the faucet - well, they don't seem strong enough! The faucet head sits in a cockeyed position (looks cheesy, or broken) until I monkey with it...the front of the faucet head engages the magnet, whereas the back side of it does not? I found it to be the tension on the hose that the weight applies. If I go under the sink and lightly push up on the hose, the head fully engages into the faucet stem. I hope that maybe with time and use, the hose will loosen up and the magnets will fully engage - making it look like the beautiful faucet that it is!Delta Leland 9178-SS-DST Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Stainless

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta Does it Again!, July 20, 2011
I should make a career out of removing old rusted out Moen faucets and putting in Delta faucets. Delta is awesome, plain and simple. It took me an hour to remove the old Moen kitchen faucet that wouldn't even pivot anymore due to rust, and it was only 6-7 years old. It took me 30 minutes to install this new Delta faucet, and it looks and performs great! Not a drip to be found in any of the connections. Anybody can install one of these they are so simple. You don't need any caulk, plumbers putty, or anything. Just a wrench to attach the included water lines to the water supply. Delta provides the wrench needed to secure the faucet to the countertop.

The faucet itself is very heavy and solid, not fake stainless like some of the kitchen faucets out there. It has very good water flow in both spray modes, and the water control handle is intuitive and operates in a very tight space in case you are backed up against a backsplash.

This is the easiest of the Delta faucets I've installed, which to this date were mostly bathroom faucets. You really can't go wrong with this faucet. For not very much effort or money it provides an excellent upgrade for any kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, January 16, 2011
Tim J (Upstate NY) - See all my reviews
Very happy with the product. Well built and works great. The pull of the hose has just the right resistance. The head locks back into using a magnet to keep it tight. There's a switch right on the nozzle to go between spray and stream. My wife's comment was "why didn't we do this sooner?". Install was pretty simple. Faucet is tall so make sure you have room.

1.0 out of 5 stars Proprietary connections - DO NOT BUY!!!, September 18, 2012
I was initially very pleased with this faucet. Installation was easy and the quality appears good. BUT, 4 months later, the defective braided hose to the spray head began leaking, flooding everything under the sink. A trip to ACE hardware for a "universal hose kit" revealed that the connections at both ends of the hose are proprietary. ONLY a replacement hose from DELTA will work.

DELTA does not stock these hoses, so 2 weeks later - Christmas and New Years without a kitchen sink - and I'm still waiting for my hose.

DO NOT BUY - or, keep a spare faucet on hand to scavange for parts as needed.