4.0 out of 5 stars Great!
I love that this is a simple design. The pull out faucet is much easier to work with than the type where more of the neck of the faucet pulls out with the head. The handle is easy to move from hot to cold. My only complaint is that I have to double check to make sure that I turned the water off all the way rather than leaving it dripping a little bit. ***Make sure that...
Published on January 23, 2012 by N. Larsen

1.0 out of 5 stars beautiful faucet, disastrous plumbing components
The faucet itself is beautiful, appears to be very high quality. Unfortunately the plumbing components that are included with the faucet were not of the same quality. The faucet was installed about 6 months ago with no problems. And yesterday, after a likely surge from the city water (which aren't uncommon), the hose disconnected itself from the joint and gushed water...
Published on January 17, 2012 by CD

‹ Previous | 1 2 353 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Proprietary connections - DO NOT BUY!!!, September 18, 2012
I was initially very pleased with this faucet. Installation was easy and the quality appears good. BUT, 4 months later, the defective braided hose to the spray head began leaking, flooding everything under the sink. A trip to ACE hardware for a "universal hose kit" revealed that the connections at both ends of the hose are proprietary. ONLY a replacement hose from DELTA will work.

DELTA does not stock these hoses, so 2 weeks later - Christmas and New Years without a kitchen sink - and I'm still waiting for my hose.

DO NOT BUY - or, keep a spare faucet on hand to scavange for parts as needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite component of a kitchen update!, January 16, 2012
tarheel (Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta 9178-SS-DST Leland Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Stainless (Tools & Home Improvement)
We got new granite countertops, with a stainless undermount sink, and stainless appliances installed a couple months ago. I bought this Delta Leland faucet to go along with the new sink. I originally wanted a different faucet, but after reading reviews, I settled on the Leland. This faucet has been a hit with me from the moment it was installed. It looks great and functions even better.

The single handle is ergonomic for me. The height of the faucet allows me to wash my larger pots with ease. I find I don't hardly need to pull out the pull-out sprayer, because I can just angle it a little and get the spray where I want it; when I do need to pull the sprayer out, it works smoothly and then retracts easily when I'm done. The button on the sprayer allows me, with one hand, to switch from a stream of water to a spray, while keeping my other hand on whatever it is I'm washing. The spray or stream stays in the sink too (reviews on some other faucets I considered mentioned a problem of the spray going everywhere). The stainless finish matches well with my stainless sink. Truthfully, this is my favorite part of our kitchen update! Shipping from Amazon was very fast too. I couldn't be more satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful faucet, great Delta quality and you can't beat this Amazon price., February 3, 2011
T. Phi "Working Momma" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
We paid $180 for this faucet from Amazon. At Home Depot it would have cost us $240. We have been purchasing Delta for all of our remodeling (6 bathrooms in total, 2 kitchens now) and are impressed with Delta quality. This is a beautiful faucet, we got it in brushed nickel (stainless steel). You won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great faucet, November 2, 2011
Great faucet, basically you get what see on the picture and works well, except that the trim ring (the ring between the faucet and your counter top) is a bit thin/flimsy, especially when compared with the solid construction faucet body.

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic supply lines connect to valve body with push in fittings, December 2, 2011
Kanga (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This faucet comes with plastic hot and cold supply lines attached to the valve body way inside the faucet with what look like push-in fittings. I prefer metal-to-metal connections. I will return it and look for a faucet with metal connections. I would expect that sort of construction on an $80 faucet - not on one selling for $150-$200.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Faucet!, March 28, 2011
I replaced an old Delta (non-pull down type) with this one. I love this faucet! I've always chosen Delta for all of our finish plumbing hardware and this pull down did not disappoint. There's more room to handle big pots and cookie sheets. The layout keeps water from getting into the internal faucet parts which keeps the hard water deposits from ever forming. My old Delta ended up getting encrusted and it was really unsightly. Problem solved.

Installation was a snap and took maybe two hours. I did encounter one problem. I had to make a trip to the hardware store as the old faucet used 1/2 connectors and this uses 7/16 (don't hold me to the 7/16 size since I can't remember). Not Delta's fault that I didn't check this before installation.

1.0 out of 5 stars 10,309 times per day???, November 17, 2012
Ron J (Northeast US) - See all my reviews
Bought and installed in July 2011. Light use in kitchen. Now 5 days before having my house is filled with Thanksgiving dinner guests, my "Diamond seal technology" starts leaking. How could this be I ask myself. This was the whole reason I purchased. So why the title? Well they claim that you will get over 5 million handle uses with this exclusive Diamond seal technology ([...] That would mean I would have turned the faucet off/on 10,309 times per day since installation! I mean we wash our hands a bit but come on! So I call Delta and they tell me (politely) that they will ship a new cartridge in 7 -10 days. I asked why not a new faucet since the parts are not user replaceable. I was told to call a plumber. When I questioned the 7 - 10 days since the holidays were coming I was told (politely) again this was policy. Wish I had kept the 40yr old American standard faucet that took 5 minutes to replace the rubber washer once every 3 -5 years. My recommendation - 1 star at best. Very expensive, difficult to install and it breaks soon - there was no surprise when I told the customer service rep which leads me to believe this is a common issue. First and last Delta faucet customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks fancy and works great, March 22, 2011
We just had this installed last week and it has helped to make our kitchen look nicer. We have black granite countertops and stainless steel appliances and this faucet matches well.
The neck is higher than it looks in the picture which makes it look a litte more formal. The hose attachment snaps back easily into place. Overall, happy with the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the 1 star reviews and beware..., February 3, 2013
The supply hose connection is garbage - doomed to fail. I wish Amazon required length of ownership on their reviews. I have owned this for 4 weeks and the quick connector fails (every time after the first time) and water sprays everywhere under your sink. I understand you have to order proprietary parts from Delta if you want them replaced. Forget about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, February 9, 2013
We re-modeled our kitchen and went with granite counter tops. We looked high and low for a faucet that was a single stem and came with a pull out head all-in-one. We found this exact model in many big-box stores but were deterred by the high cost. I looked it up on Amazon and found it at $60 below the lowest local cost and we bought it immediately!

It installed very easily through a single hole in the granite counter top. The box comes with a wide base if this needs to be installed over an existing two-hole sink. It stays firmly in place with the included items in the box. The unit turns on and off very easily and transitions from hot to cold well (unlike a lot of faucets that are either hot or cold with no transition). The hose comes in and out easily and the weight does well to help bring the hose back in. The switch between single stream and "shower" is flawless. The unit also cleans up very easily.

There is one issue that I do see continuing to hamper this unit though (thus the 4 stars instead of 5). The hose connection is just a push connection with a plastic clip to hold it together. Once already within the first month that clip has been knocked loose by the lowering and rising of the weight that pulls the hose in and out. Once the clip was loose, it eventually seperated and our entire new cabinet under the sink was drenched. Fortunately our cabinet doors had not arrived so we immediately saw and fixed the issue. A plastic clip and a push connection is an odd choice in my book when a good threaded screw connection would of made a lot more sense.

‹ Previous | 1 2 353 | Next ›