5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and great
*Pros: a lot of storage for the size, excellent construction and material, looks good.

*Cons: none that I can think of

*Bottom line: I would recommend this bag to anyone needing a small tool bag for storage.

Published on November 3, 2011 by C. L. Wagoner

2.0 out of 5 stars good bag poorly made
Good bag, unfortunly the side buttons were not install so the side pockets are not secure. The shoulder strap is missing. No point return it. Postage to return would cost too much.
Published on February 27, 2013 by mrl

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and great, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Coyote Mechanics Tool Bag (Misc.)

*Cons: none that I can think of

Comments: This bag is excellent! It is simple and tough (made from canvas) and has a lot of storage for a small bag. Its just about the size of a shoe box, has nice flexibility but a rigid bottom to maintain its shape. It folds down to be small if you need it to.

It has 4 pockets sewn into each side of the inside about the size to hold a screwdriver or socket wrench. On the outside there are 3 pockets on each side covered by a flap. One large one in the center and two smaller pockets where you see the snaps in the photo. All in all, a lot of storage for this small bag! A major plus to this material is that it does NOT fold over and fall into itself cutting off use of the pockets. They are open and accessible when you have your hands full and need to get in them. There's a reason why the military has been using canvas bags for decades, they work and they last.

I bought this bag because I needed somewhere to store my Craftsman 12v impact gun, 12v drill/driver, the hex bit set, and the small battery that goes with it. All of these components fit and there's room for another bit set when I add to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toiletries bag..., February 20, 2012
Although these bags make great tool bags for travel and such, they are also great kit bags for your travel toiletries, like shaving supplies, toothpaste, deoderant, and other such stuff you carry when traveling. It's a good bit more roomy than most kit bags, so you won't likely over fill it. And it's more durable too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool Bag!, May 31, 2012
Ordered 4 of these mechanics bags for a family member and was so impressed I bought my own. Quality control is pretty spot on, every bag I inspected was identical to the others. This bag is a simple large main compartment with 2 smaller compartments cover by a flap secured by 2 button snaps. The main compartment is a lot larger than I expected. I was able to fit all of my automotive tools from a larger bag comfortably into this one. The materials feel tough yet soft and the stitching is well done. Overall, if you need a simple bag for your tools (or whatever) this is definitely an option to consider, especially b/c it is not overly bulky or too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for the price, January 27, 2013
T. Tom (SF Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this to store my Viair tire air compressor in my truck with. It fits perfectly and is quite attractive and functional, even better quality than I originally expected. It has a hard protective bottom.

This makes a great in-trunk bag to store tools and other small items like flares.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty with Two Rows of Little Pockets, May 26, 2012
This review is from: 9191 BLACK MECHANICS TOOL BAG 11 X 7 X 6 (Misc.)
In about 1984 the Navy gave all of us enlisted guys on our submarine a bag very similar to this one. The Navy bag is slightly more heavy duty - all the material is thicker, the zipper is brass, and the attachment point for the handles continues all the way down the side of the bag (instead of having a 1" x 1" attachment point as on this bag).

However, I think this bag will work quite well - and the price was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tool for tools, June 6, 2010
This handy canvas bag holds anything from the tiniest screwdriver to a much larger ratchet. It is comfortably sitting in the trunk of my car accessible for the repair of my vehicle. Can't say enough, it is a great piece of military hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars mechanics tool bag great for holding beading supplies, March 30, 2011
Joanne (Rochester, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 9191 BLACK MECHANICS TOOL BAG 11 X 7 X 6 (Misc.)
I bought this bag to store and carry my beading tools and supplies. It is just the right size and strength for these purposes.
The bag is of rugged construction, made out of sturdy canvas, with a rigid bottom that does not bend. Consequently, the bag holds its shape well and can carry a fairly heavy load. It is not, however, so stiff that it can not be compacted to fit into a suitcase, if need be.
The zipper is big and sturdy and looks like it will last as long as the bag does. The double handles are just the right size to carry the bag.
I like the side pockets for organizing, and affording quick access to, small items.
I highly recommend this bag to anybody who wants to store and carry tools or other items.
Sally Necheles

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, November 28, 2012
Ronaldo M. Sanabria (Guaynabo, PR United States) - See all my reviews
Very good - sturdily made and compact, yet roomy enough for its intended use. I bought it to store emergency tools in a small bin under the floor of an SUV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice bag., August 5, 2012
This review is from: 9191 BLACK MECHANICS TOOL BAG 11 X 7 X 6 (Misc.)
I mess around with cars a lot and I help my co-workers with their cars whenever I can. Many times I have tools rolling and tossing around in the hatch/trunk of my car. Finally, I decided to get a mechanics bag. My brother have 1 in OD green for his ammo when we go to the shooting range so I know 1st hand what I'm getting. I purchased mine in black and fitted few of my most used tools in a most compact form in it. I included a product picture with my tools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viair 88P Portable Air Compressor Fits Perfect, March 7, 2014
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot (Outside the beltway.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 9191 BLACK MECHANICS TOOL BAG 11 X 7 X 6 (Misc.)
Recommended by Amazon at my time of purchase, I gave it a try. Well enough constructed and perfect for a smaller compressor and/or a few tools, like a tire pressure gauge. I took the U-shaped, cardboard divider that was in the Viair 88P Compressor box and slid it into the bag. The cardboard keeps the compressor seperate from the air hose and 12v power cord, which are thick and long on this model compressor. Mainly, it'll ride under my truck's back seat, but I check tire pressures constantly on the truck, trailer, motorcycles and our bikes when we travel, so it's nice to have all the compressor paraphenalia in one, tidy package.
It has one inch clothe loops at the ends of the zipper for a shoulder stap.
It'd look cool tied to the sissybar of a Harley, too.

9191 BLACK MECHANICS TOOL BAG 11 X 7 X 6