Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Black|Change

on November 3, 2011
*Pros: a lot of storage for the size, excellent construction and material, looks good.

*Cons: none that I can think of

*Bottom line: I would recommend this bag to anyone needing a small tool bag for storage.

Comments: This bag is excellent! It is simple and tough (made from canvas) and has a lot of storage for a small bag. Its just about the size of a shoe box, has nice flexibility but a rigid bottom to maintain its shape. It folds down to be small if you need it to.

It has 4 pockets sewn into each side of the inside about the size to hold a screwdriver or socket wrench. On the outside there are 3 pockets on each side covered by a flap. One large one in the center and two smaller pockets where you see the snaps in the photo. All in all, a lot of storage for this small bag! A major plus to this material is that it does NOT fold over and fall into itself cutting off use of the pockets. They are open and accessible when you have your hands full and need to get in them. There's a reason why the military has been using canvas bags for decades, they work and they last.

I bought this bag because I needed somewhere to store my Craftsman 12v impact gun, 12v drill/driver, the hex bit set, and the small battery that goes with it. All of these components fit and there's room for another bit set when I add to my collection.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2012
I mess around with cars a lot and I help my co-workers with their cars whenever I can. Many times I have tools rolling and tossing around in the hatch/trunk of my car. Finally, I decided to get a mechanics bag. My brother have 1 in OD green for his ammo when we go to the shooting range so I know 1st hand what I'm getting. I purchased mine in black and fitted few of my most used tools in a most compact form in it. I included a product picture with my tools.
review image
on May 31, 2012
Ordered 4 of these mechanics bags for a family member and was so impressed I bought my own. Quality control is pretty spot on, every bag I inspected was identical to the others. This bag is a simple large main compartment with 2 smaller compartments cover by a flap secured by 2 button snaps. The main compartment is a lot larger than I expected. I was able to fit all of my automotive tools from a larger bag comfortably into this one. The materials feel tough yet soft and the stitching is well done. Overall, if you need a simple bag for your tools (or whatever) this is definitely an option to consider, especially b/c it is not overly bulky or too small.
on March 7, 2014
Recommended by Amazon at my time of purchase, I gave it a try. Well enough constructed and perfect for a smaller compressor and/or a few tools, like a tire pressure gauge. I took the U-shaped, cardboard divider that was in the Viair 88P Compressor box and slid it into the bag. The cardboard keeps the compressor seperate from the air hose and 12v power cord, which are thick and long on this model compressor. Mainly, it'll ride under my truck's back seat, but I check tire pressures constantly on the truck, trailer, motorcycles and our bikes when we travel, so it's nice to have all the compressor paraphenalia in one, tidy package.
It has one inch clothe loops at the ends of the zipper for a shoulder stap.
It'd look cool tied to the sissybar of a Harley, too.
on February 20, 2012
Although these bags make great tool bags for travel and such, they are also great kit bags for your travel toiletries, like shaving supplies, toothpaste, deoderant, and other such stuff you carry when traveling. It's a good bit more roomy than most kit bags, so you won't likely over fill it. And it's more durable too.
I bought this to store my Viair tire air compressor in my truck with. It fits perfectly and is quite attractive and functional, even better quality than I originally expected. It has a hard protective bottom.

This makes a great in-trunk bag to store tools and other small items like flares.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 29, 2015
I originally bought this as a temporary tool bag for a new power drill since I didn't have one at the time, but nearly 3 years later it has become my full-time tool bag and I actually just ordered another one for a friend. It's a sturdy, canvas bag and has a lot of storage for only being the size of a shoe box. Although it's made of canvas, the bottom is rigid so it keeps its shape. The zipper is also very, very strong, so even if you fill this bag to the brim, it will still open and close easily. There are two large outside compartments on either side, each of which is divided up into 3 smaller pockets. On the inside, there are 4 small pockets on each side for wrenches, screwdrivers, furniture markers, etc (the look like those pen/pencil pockets you often find in backpacks).

That leaves a very roomy main compartment that fits a ton. In mine I have a power drill and charger, hammer, 2 measuring tapes, tons of small tools and lots of bags of screws, nails, hooks, etc. Since the canvas is flexible, I don't have to worry about "Tetris"ing all my tools just right in order to get the bag to close like you would with a rigid tool bag. I just throw everything in there and and the shape adjusts accordingly. Very happy with this!!
review image review image review image review image
on May 26, 2012
In about 1984 the Navy gave all of us enlisted guys on our submarine a bag very similar to this one. The Navy bag is slightly more heavy duty - all the material is thicker, the zipper is brass, and the attachment point for the handles continues all the way down the side of the bag (instead of having a 1" x 1" attachment point as on this bag).

However, I think this bag will work quite well - and the price was right.
on November 23, 2014
I've been cutting my own hair for 16 years. In the past I used a really cheap clipper set that came with a plastic container. Recently though, I upgraded to a professional set up; one that didn't come with a case. This bag is perfect. The main compartment houses the clippers, hair brush, cape, cleaning solution, scissors mirror and the main compartment has little pockets to hold pens and those are perfect for the oil and grease tubes. The outer pockets are ideal for the different sized clipper blades. All in all-- I can see using this for keeping my electrical gear all together or a plumbing bag-- keeping the stuff that goes together perfectly and at the ready to get out and go. I'm about to order a few more!
review image review image
on March 30, 2011
I bought this bag to store and carry my beading tools and supplies. It is just the right size and strength for these purposes.
The bag is of rugged construction, made out of sturdy canvas, with a rigid bottom that does not bend. Consequently, the bag holds its shape well and can carry a fairly heavy load. It is not, however, so stiff that it can not be compacted to fit into a suitcase, if need be.
The zipper is big and sturdy and looks like it will last as long as the bag does. The double handles are just the right size to carry the bag.
I like the side pockets for organizing, and affording quick access to, small items.
I highly recommend this bag to anybody who wants to store and carry tools or other items.
Sally Necheles