5.0 out of 5 stars A real showpiece for a kitchen.
I've never even once thought that I'd have any opinion on a faucet, let along one this strong. It's attractive, was extremely easy to install, and the Touch2O features are not only handy, but it impresses anyone who sees it.

Published on October 29, 2011 by Anthony S.

1.0 out of 5 stars big price for short term performance
Published 13 months ago by Cheesemaven

5.0 out of 5 stars A real showpiece for a kitchen., October 29, 2011

Delta is a quality brand. That's starters. The finish and overall build/feel of this faucet is tough and built like a tank. Despite it's hard exterior, it looks almost as if it's a flower peering over a calm pond.

Opening you faucet handle sets it to the temperature you want. But unlike other faucets, you can leave it in that setting, and just "tap" anywhere along the handle, base or neck to turn the faucet on and shut it off. This is especially helpful while preparing food, or if your hands are dirty/germy, and you don't want to touch the faucet. Pairing this with a motion sensor soap dispenser means you never have to touch a thing to wash your hands.

If you're a homeowner with little experience in plumbing applications, don't fret - this was very simple to install, even with the battery pack that powers the touch2O features. It took me about 45 minutes. It took almost double as long getting the old faucet off! Instructions are clear and easy to follow.

My wife and I really couldn't be more thrilled with what it's added to our kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delta 9192T-SS-DST Addison Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Featuring Touch2O, July 23, 2012
Just recently purchased and installed this product. Was a little concernced about other reviews indicating that it was hard to install. Once I got started, it ended up being easier than I thought. The primary issue is the lack of good printed instructions. What I received in the box was only a large poster with pictures, no written instructions. I downloaded the written instructions from the Delta website, which made it more understandable. There is also an excellent video on Youtube that shows step by step through the installation process. It looks as if it was produced by Delta and I would definitely recommend viewing the video prior to installation. It will save you time. I am somewhat handy around the house, but I believe that even a newbie to installng faucets should be able to install this without too much difficulty, once you have all the instructions and video.

Once installed, the faucet worked as advertised, first time out of the gate.

It looks great with my new granite countertop and new sink. I have not had it installed long enough to know how long the batteries will last. I am thinking that I will purchase a 12V DC adapter to replace the battery pack.

Pros: Aestheticaly quite attractive; functions well as described; not too hard to install (once I had the full set of instructions); like the magnetic docking for the spray-head

Cons: Had to spend a fair amount of time finding the instructions (on-line at Delta website and then on Youtube); quite expensive compared to non-touch faucets

I like the faucet very much. Would have given it five stars if the instructions provided were clear and complete.

UPDATED REVIEW - 3 months

It has been three months since I installed this faucet. First, the batteries are still fine (and the faucet gets a lot of use), and the faucet is still working as advertised, with no problems at all.

This is one of those items that after using it for awhile, I wonder how I ever lived without it........ The more I use it, the more I like it. Whether my hands are full or are sticky or grimy, just a touch with the back of my hand or wrist and the water comes on. The hose on the spray-head is a great length, I like the three settings on the spray-head, and the magnetic dock is very useful. This faucet has quickly moved from just being a cool gadget to becoming one of the most useful features in the kitchen. It's use has now become second-nature. Friends and family alike are impressed both with its functionality as well as its aesthetics - it really looks handsome and professional.

I really like this product, am impressed with the quality and craftsmanship, and would highly recommend it to anyone considering the purchase.

UPDATED AGAIN -- One Year

So now this has been installed for a year. This is a great faucet. It continues to operate excellently and I have had absolutely zero problems with it. All the comments I made in the original reviews are still valid. Even the part about not replacing the batteries - still using the same batteries that I originally installed.

Once again, I heartily recommend this faucet.

1.0 out of 5 stars big price for short term performance, January 20, 2014
Cheesemaven (Worthington, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta Faucet 9192T-AR-DST Addison Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology, Arctic Stainless (Tools & Home Improvement)
I bought this faucet because of the touch feature and absolutely loved it for the first year. Then it started turning itself off and on at random times. Minor "fixes" like moving wires, moving the battery box all helped temporarily, but the thing continued to become more and more erratic. Bad enough to have it turn itself on when no one is in the room, worse to have it shut itself off when you're in the middle of washing your hands and need more water. Called Delta. Listen, friends, if the company has a dedicated line on the robo answering system for "if you are calling about a Touch2O faucet..." you know you are in trouble. Received the runaround from their support representative, who told me I needed to have another plumber come and reinstall the faucet (which worked perfectly for the first year) before anyone could determine if there was anything else wrong with it. It was going to cost almost as much as the faucet at this point, so I went to the big-box hardware store to price a new one (yes, I know, it tanked after a year, but the first year was SO great...). The plumbing clerk said he could not in good conscience advise me to purchase another Touch2O product, because his experience was that yes, the faucet works great the first year, but after that, Delta has done nothing to address the problems that develop with these things over time. "You'll buy another one, you'll love it for a year, and then you'll be back here..." If you can afford to replace your faucet every year or so, get one of these, they're great right up until the time that they're not. Otherwise, steer clear of this product until Delta actually comes up with a way to make them work reliably over time... darn it!

4.0 out of 5 stars SOLID CHOICE, June 15, 2013
While updating my kitchen, I really wanted a faucet that worked without having to deal with the germ and dirt factor when cooking or my boys washing up in the sink. I debated between this touch faucet and a sensor faucet by Moen (which is more expensive - around $400 - but you don't even have to touch it to work, just wave in front of sensor although it does have some quirks). A plus of buying this faucet over the Moen hands free sensor one is that it does not dispense water unless you need it (the Moen can dispense water at inconvenient times due to it's sensor) and the installation is much easier (and thus cheaper to pay a plumber to install). This Delta faucet is a great advancement in faucets and provides plenty of convenience. I am concerned that that the tapping becomes more like banging from my sons and I worry that it will dent after constant use.

I love the convenience of being able to just tap the top of this faucet with my forearm to have the water running without having to manually turn it on and off. This is great when cooking and having your hands full of raw meat or other messy food products. I no longer have to constantly clean up the faucet after cooking. The magic of how this works is beyond me but it requires a battery for it to work and the included literature provides info on replacement. It has worked every time although a couple of times, I've had to tap a second time before it works. Not a big deal.

I am happy with the style and function of this touch sensor faucet. I will report back on the battery life and cost of replacement as well as the tapping function to turn the water on and off. If you are looking for the convenience of a sensor faucet that is cutting edge, stylish and cheaper then comparable faucets, this is a solid choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars eh.. I should have saved the money, October 16, 2013
Randy Walker (Pasadena, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
Dont get me wrong, this is a VERY nice faucet from an appearance stand point. As others have stated, the faucet is possessed. Just before writing this review, it turned on and off several times as if someone were standing there turning the water on and off really fast. Its not the batteries (only been using it for a month). It worked great for the past few weeks then all of a sudden, it went crazy today. Delta just says to make sure the faucet isnt in contact with anything electrical.. duh! My 4 star rating is strictly for the appearance and the quality "feel" of the faucet itself. I can still use it by disconnecting the battery pack and using the handle. Oh well.

**EDIT, rather than giving up on Delta's FAQs, I decided to call tech support to see if they had any additional/updated troubleshooting steps. Low and behold they did! They walked me through the process of resetting the "system" as well as reseating some of the connections. Well, I'm happy to say that what they suggested worked!!! I feel much better about my purchase now!! :)
To save some of you some time with calling them, the "reset" steps are the following: remove the batteries for 30 seconds, then reinstall them (During the rest of the steps, your faucet will activate). Remove the c-clip from around the bottom of the faucet, under the sink with the wire attached. Again, leave this off for 30 seconds. Before reinstalling, bend it a little to ensure a tight fit (this was actually the problem on my faucet as to why it would turn on sporadically). After doing that, pull out the plug that looks like a headphone jack; wait 30 seconds. After that, test out your faucet.
Its been a few weeks now and its still working perfectly! Hope this helps.

2.0 out of 5 stars touch function not worth the price, July 4, 2012
The faucet is pretty, I like the pull-down feature. However, the "touch function" is very frustrating. It turns on and off randomly, on its own. Sometimes the cat walks by and it turns on. It's supposed to have an automatic "off" in 90 seconds, but ours never turns off. So basically we just leave the handle in the "off" position most of the time and use this just as we would a regular faucet. Wish I would have just gone with the regular model in the first place, not the touch :(

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this faucet, November 15, 2013
CEM (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I don't understand why the negative reviews. I almost didn't buy this faucet because of it. You have to be conscious of where the battery pack is located and what its wiring is touching. As a matter of fact, touch the battery pack or its wiring and you can turn the faucet on and off. It uses capacitive sensing electronics. Our body has capacitance which means it can store minute charges of electricity and that's what it is sensing. I positioned the battery pack away from all the metal parts and moved the wiring away as much as possible and it is working wonderfully. We can even save a lot of water because while we are soaping the dishes, we can turn off the faucet with any part of our hand or body for that matter. The wife loves it which is what matters.

Follow up review: After 4 months of use, the braided hose started to leak where the weight was hanging on. Quite suspiciously, water got into the electronics which caused the Touch control to stop working. After a few tries, I got the faucet to work manually. Delta sent me the replacement electronics and the hose free of charge. Got it working again but found out that it is so sensitive as to where the battery pack is located and how the wires to the battery pack is located. I had it initially installed in November of 2013, the leak occurred in January 2014. Now, after 8 months, June 26, 2014 and I noticed that the hose is leaking again in the same place it leaked before. Told Delta service that the metal weight appears to have the plastic piece to prevent it from scouring the hose but it is still leaking in that area. They asked me whether there is something rubbing against the hose and I told them that it is not touching anything under the sink. I told them that the next time it leaks, I will send them pictures.

Be careful when trying to decide on buying this faucet. The design of the Touch control is not that good. There is so much affecting the Touch electronics including the battery pack and its wiring that sometimes, the touch sensitivity is so critical that the faucet comes on and off by itself or the Touch control doesn't work at all until you change the location of the battery pack, its wiring, and the position of the hose. It looks like some amateur designed the electronics so that there is not too much Touch electronics isolation with the other metal parts. So good luck if you decide to purchase this item. My next faucet will be a manual faucet probably made by another manufacturer such as Price Pfister whose faucet I had for over 20 years and didn't give me as much frustration as this Delta Touch2O faucet which cost 5 times as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice upgrade, March 10, 2012
We needed a faucet with a sprayer, so I decided to spring for the touch delta. I do alot of cooking so I thought the touch feature would be nice when I had bread dough or raw meat on my hands. After about 4 days of use I can say the touch feature of the faucet is very enjoyable. It is probably worth the upgrade over the traditional faucet if you are in the kitchen alot.

I have no prior plumbing experience and between the video on the delta site and the included instructions I installed it pretty easily. If I would have watched the video prior to installing, I could have saved around 30 minutes. It took about an hour and a half for me to remove the old faucet and install the new one. The only tools you'll need to install it are a couple of adjustable wrenches.

The product takes 6 AA batteries to operate the touch so I hope they last a good amount of time.

The faucet is very sturdy and looks nice, a welcome addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta Product not made in China:, December 25, 2011
Faucet is of high quality made by Delta.
Stay away from off brand faucets.
Works as specs show
Very nice Faucet

Retired Contractor
Denver Co

5.0 out of 5 stars My only regret - waiting to get one, April 30, 2012
The Touch2O technology is incredible. You will wonder why all faucets are not made this way. I put off buying this for almost a year due to the price premium for the touch tech, but after the old faucet pooped out, I decided to just go for it. I am very pleased to have done it.

With a conventional faucet, whenever you have wet hands, you will drip water at the base of the faucet whenever you go to adjust the flow or temperature of the water. After washing the dishes or your hands, you will probably have a little puddle that you will wipe up when you are all cleaned up. You will also probably see mold and scale at the bottom of most faucets because most people don't dry off the faucet base after every use. But with Touch2O, you just tap the tip of the faucet and you kitchen counter and faucet base stay dry.

Installation was very easy thanks to youtube. The hardest part of the install will be trying to remove the old faucet. I used google to find the installation manual for my old faucet and then I just followed those steps in reverse. For the install, Delta makes very nice high def videos and posts them to youtube. The videos will hold your hand and walk you through every step. Just make sure you have good light source and good tools. If you have an undercount sink, the escutcheon base plate may not snug up due to under sink mounting because it bumps into the sink mount hardware. I had to cut a small notch in my mounting plate to get around it, but had the right tools so it was easy to do.

Otherwise the quality of the build is solid. All of the joints fit snugly but move smooth as butta'. Everything about this has that satisfying feeling of being solid through and through.

One may think that paying an extra $80-100 for the Touch2O is too much, but once you experience the convenience of this, you won't regret it.