Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 15, 2016
For the record, this fits the size 21 Winix 6300 Air Purifier. Logically, this will fit most if not all Winix models utilizing size 21 HEPA filters. Someone answered this fitment question stating that it doesnt fit the Winix 5500 model, which can take the same filters as the 6300. That answer isnt correct because i used to own a 5500 and the filter chamber has the same dimensions as the 6300. I purchased and tried this to avoid having to spend nearly $70 for a Winix package of HEPA Filter + 4 Carbon Prefilters when I only needed the HEPA Filter and as a way to enhance the cleanliness of air since this Aeramax Filter is treated with an antimicrobial agent to inhibit bacterial and mold growth on the filter and the filtered air. The OEM Winix HEPA Filter doesnt have this feature. Winix doesnt sell the HEPA as a standalone and I dont trust the aftermarket filter manufacturer. It's a universally known fact that the Fellowes 300HF HEPA Filter fits any size 21 Winix purifier AND you can buy it as a standalone for roughly $35. Fellowes makes Aeramax air purifiers so i checked out the filter dimensions on a whim to see if it is similar. The dimensions for the Fellowes HEPA is 1.2x12.7x16.4. This Aeramax Filter is 1.2x12.6x16.3 so I figured $4 more (at time of purchase) for an antimicrobial agent treatment and only 0.1" size difference is a good tradeoff. Besides, I tape the narrow space between the filter and the purifier casing to maximize filtered air anyway. Another bonus is that this filter is eligible for Same Day delivery here in Southern Cali vs. 2 Days for the Fellowes HEPA filter for Prime members. I got it that same day for free delivery since it was over $35 and was pleased to see that it is sealed in thick plastic wrapping. The whole point of a HEPA filter is to clean the air so it shouldnt be contaminated and I'm glad that Aeramax/Fellowes understands this. In fact the plastic is thicker than the one that the original Winix HEPA Filter came in. I then proceeded to remove the old Winix HEPA filter and then began putting the Aeramax in. There is not a tab on the side of the filter for removal in the future but is negligible.

Despite the 0.1" size difference on paper, it fit perfectly! And in terms of air quality, it's as good as it is with a Winix filter. I also want to mention that sealing the edge with a clear quality tape like Gorilla Tape improves the performance to ensure that all air going in passes though the filters. I also experimented by putting all 4 carbon prefilters in at once with great results; it definitely increases filtration of the air and makes the HEPA filter last longer. The great thing about these boxy Winix purifiers is all the extra space in the filter compartment (due to the higher priced cassette cartridge setup option). I live with someone who has a fairly dirty apartment with 2 dogs and needed to maximize purification in my room. I currently have 2 HEPA filters (yes, TWO!) stacked in the filter chamber along with 1 carbon filter, all sealed around the edges with tape. The fit is almost perfect; it is just ever slightly oversized IN thickness but the cover fit back on with no problems. And I enjoy clean air with better sleep. Long story short, this fits the Winix 6300, which is the same size (21) as the 5300, 5500, etc. Just check the description for the Winix package for the complete list of compatible model numbers.
If you have the AeraMax 300 Air Purifier (http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Allergy-Friendly-AeraMax-Purifier/dp/B00D8Y1YNC), you will need this HEPA filter as a replacement from time to time -- no other option. If you've had other equipment with this kind of "paper" filter, you'll recognize the look of the tight folds. In some of the vacuum cleaners we've had, they say that this type of filter is washable, and I will try this with one of the used ones at some point. However, given that we use it in the bedroom because of my wife's significant allergies, we'll probably end up getting a new one once a year, or as required. By the way, the 300 has an orange warning light on the front panel that lets you know when you need to change this filter -- or much more often, the carbon-sheet filters custom sized for this air scrubber. One of the few downsides to the 300 itself is the light panel on the front of the unit (upper right corner), which is always on. What we don't need are lights shining in the bedroom all night! I covered the panel with black tape -- but then we couldn't see things like the filter-change lights. So I found a piece of opaque black plastic -- packaging from another product, cut a strip that fit over the lights, and taped it to the machine at the top as a "hinge", with a bit of tape to hold it down at the bottom to keep the lights from shining out. Works fine. I just have to remember to check the status of the filter lights from time to time.

Recommended!
on January 29, 2016
I like to wait ATLEAST 90 days and use the product before posting review .
Pros : very effective at allergen removal , quite on low , easy to move , easy to change filters , looks, very nice , has auto pollution removal speed , and alerts you to the amount of pollution by color so you know if the air is good .
Cons : filters are expensive . does. Not deodorize air like ozone machines
I have used this air cleaner in a damp basement that had a musty smell . and it did a superior job at removing allergens . I'm very sensitive to mold and dust and noticed a significant difference when not in use . I have owned several air purifier in this price range I'll have to say that I'm very pleased with the quality of this one after owning it for six months plus it still works as well as it did the day I bought it. I have only change the air filter one time they are a little pricey but I don't see the need to change them on a regular basis I think once every six month is fine. The only thing that I do not like about this is it does not have a ozone or whatever they put in some purifiers that actually make this fresh smell in the air which according to some research is actually not good for your health but it does make your environment more pleasant but for removing allergens of this machine does everything it says its going to do and I did notice from doing research it is one of the very few machines recommended Allergy Foundation . Which I was very surprised when looking at the results of there are only about four machines that I recommended and most of the other ones are very costly I am very pleased with this model it has lasted longer and done the job than any other machine I've owned.
on April 13, 2016
This was ordered for my Winux 9500. It is a fraction larger than orginal winix filter, so had to place four cuts on the side of filter to allow edge to overlap edge ways. It still seals so no issue there. I will look for a more exact mesurement fit next time but will order again if i can not fine one. Price wise you can not beat it.
on November 9, 2015
Overall, this purifier is great! We really cannot believe how much junk there is in the air, and how quickly it filters it out.

I wrote my full review at http://coupons.alexriggs.com/aeramax-300-air-purifier-with-large-room-allergy-and-asthma-4-stage-purification/ with a breakdown of each component and how well it preformed.
on April 14, 2014
This filter used in our Aeramax DX95 air purifier does what it is called to do...cleans our air. Thanks Fellowes for creating this product in conjunction with your great lineup of air purifiers.
on December 3, 2015
Seems quite well made. It operates at variable speeds yet the unit runs quietly. I did notice a increase in my electric bill. I wonder if the unit might be the cause
on May 10, 2016
Best price ...shipping was fast. Replacements filters purchase.
on August 5, 2015
works well. live in smokey area and it does the job.
on July 2, 2015
Perfect fit, arrived sooner than expected