- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 0.6 x 10 inches ; 4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B000YZ5SSU
- Item model number: 9653
- Average Customer Review: 122 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,201 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing (See Top 100 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
OLFA 9653 RTY-3/G 60mm Straight Handle Rotary Cutter
|Price:||$15.85 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$16.64 (51%)|
- Includes 60mm rotary blade
- For both right and left-handed users
- Cuts up to 8 layers of fabric
- Durable handle with blade safety cover
- suitable for industrial applications
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I'm an artist, and I frequently need to cut fabric and paper for my pieces. I've never been able to cut a straight line in fabric with scissors. This tools is great for that. It saved me time and headache with a recent project involving fabric. I've started using it for everything. I hardly pull out my X-acto blades anymore. I just started a bookmaking course, and foresee using this bad boy quite a bit.
As a leftie (left-handed person), I am used to having to "make do" with tools created for the right-handed majority, but this tool can be used in either hand--another nice surprise! It has a quick and simple blade cover that can be slid into place with a touch of the thumb when you are done cutting.
The cutter also has a ridged finger guard (on both sides) to keep your finger from slipping while cutting. Unfortunately, it was not quite enough for a newbie like myself. Yesterday, while cutting out pieces for a quilt panel, my index finger slid too far forward on the handle and met the blade while it was rotating. Luckily, I immediately realized what I'd done and stopped before I did too much damage, so it was only a small cut.
In summary, the OLFA rotary cutter is a great tool for quilting or sewing. I just wish that the finger guard was a bit larger or the indentation more pronounced so that there was little to no chance of one's finger sliding forward onto the blade. Keep in mind that you will need a measuring board or other protective surface under the fabric to use this tool as it features a very fine and sharp cutting surface.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
bought this for band cutting for slingshots, found out it also works excellent for leather cutting as well. great product.Published 9 days ago by C. Scott Allison
Perfect for cutting fabric. I strip quilt and this is essential.Published 19 days ago by Teresa Althoff
Excellent, dependable rotary cutter! Nice and lightweight, and easy to open and close.Published 25 days ago by Kim M.
The best cutter ever. Olfa blades stay sharp longer than any other brand.Published 25 days ago by G. Pounds