Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GE Lighting 97763 50/100/150-Watt 615/1540/2155-Lumen A21 3-Way Light Bulb, Soft White, 2-Pack
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Soft White 2-Pack|Style Name: 615/1540/2155 lmns|Change

on August 22, 2012
For room with cool colors and light/pale tones...(blues, greens aquas, pinks that you do not want to fade to peach, etc,)
these bulbs are invaluable.
How often has one labored over colors and custom mixing of paints... in natural daylight, only to have so much of a room look wrong at night with artificial lighting?

There are rooms, however where I find the regular soft-white better.... but it all depends...
I make all color choices in natural bright daylight....and also look at all at night with whatever the evening lighting will be in the room before making final choices.. When I am doing this if I am going to be using incandescent lighting... (and it is very difficult to light a room appropriately or make it feel inviting and cozy without it), and I always try both the Reveal and the Softlight bulbs.
(For example I have done paneled libraries where the soft-white looks best, and others where the Reveal does, and found the same with red rooms).

Whichever looks best during this process, Reveal or soft-white, is the one I will always continue to use in that room.

Three ways are wonderful for libraries, bedrooms, living rooms... wherever you need to be able to relax and read, but also might light dimmer lighting for entertaining or just conversation.

YES these are fragile bulbs, (should be stored in their boxes....they are not good for rooms where anyone bumps into lamps,) and yes I wish they would last longer, but as there is nothing else like this on the market I just wish GE would fix this! (my pet peeve is that when they start to burn out the highest of the 3 way settings burn out first... But when this happens i just move the bulbs to a lamp where the lowest only wattage works well.
on August 20, 2013
Received it and one of the bulbs was already dead. Not worth the time or effort to send back and get it replaced.
on August 20, 2013
3 of them had broken filaments for the 100 and 150 W positions; the 50 W worked on each, so at least they can function as low light bulbs. I know buying lightbulbs through the mail might be an iffy prospect due to shipping jostling, but these were packed very well with stiff bubble wrap. I think the ones that were bad were bad before they were packaged, rather than damaged in the transport, but who knows. They were cheap and those that work balance out the costs if bought locally anyway, as sending them back would cost me more than I paid for them. I wish incandescent bulbs were not going to go away, but I know they will. Fluorescent and others trigger migraines for me, so I figure I'd better stock up while I can! I also don't like mercury in my light bulbs...
on January 24, 2013
Live in California and am trying to stock up! I will separate my trash, recycle my shopping bags, refrain from plastic grocery bags, compost kitchen waste... but please-- I need to have decent lighting when I read and none of the alternative products I've tried come close to my 3-way bulbs.
on March 14, 2014
For many years I've been buying 3-way GE Soft White bulbs. I use them in all my 3-way lamps. I have no idea how long the average bulb has lasted because they needed to be changed so rarely. At least 6 months. . .maybe a year.

These bulbs last anywhere between 0 minutes and 3 HOURS. If they turn on at all, they stop working the 2nd or 3rd time they're used.

I'm not talking one or two disappointing bulbs. I've gone through bulb after bulb! Unfortunately, I didn't use any bulbs until after the return period. I hope this review helps others avoid the same mistake.

I'm disappointed that Amazon is still selling these bulbs. And I sure as heck won't purchase GE bulbs again!
on December 16, 2015
Purchased these to have on hand - so far in the last two weeks I have used 4 bulbs and they are not 3-way!! Better off paying more for a single bulb in a local store so you can take it back if it doesn't work.
VINE VOICEon May 16, 2011
These are great light bulbs! They last long, and offer great light to read by, or support whatever it is you are doing. Stock up before the incandescent light bulb is officially illegal to sell in the United States. Amazon offers a fantastic price on these. The one shipment I received with broken bulbs (out of three shipments so far) was replaced with a one-day shipment via FedEx.
66 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
Have used many 3-way bulbs before and found this one to be one of the best I have ever purchased.
VINE VOICEon May 20, 2016
I didn't get 3 weeks worth of light out of these bulbs. The first bulb burned out within a week, the second didn't last much longer. The 50 and 100 levels burned out on the third bulb and by then I was in maybe the third week of use. I ordered an LED 3-way bulb which I'm still using. I'm not sure these bulbs deserve two stars but since I did get a week or two of light out of them, I decided to be charitable. Not recommended at all. If one can afford the up-front cost, go ahead and get a better bulb. You'll be glad you did.
on December 17, 2013
Great bulbs, get them while you can and before the price skyrockets. I order 5 2-packs of these same bulbs a week or so ago and they're just what I wanted. I used one to replace a burned out lamp and it fit great and give off nice bright light. I decided to order a few more 2-packs to stock up but within that short (7-10 days) the price of the those went up from $3.97 to $6.97. At $1.65 per bulb this is a pretty unbeatable price and I just ordered two 12-pack cases. Like I said, get them while you can and before the prices doubles.

***12/19/13 Update***

I find the claims by some of these reviewers concerning the quality of these bulbs or the packaging to be puzzling. I received the 2 12-packs I ordered via UPS today. They came packed quite well in a larger box surrounded by those plastic packaging pillows, there were no broken bulbs even though I am sure the box did not receive any special handling as it wound its way thru the shipping process. The quality of the bulbs is A-one. I took the time to try each bulb and all 24 worked as they should, lighting up thru all 3 wattages, without exception. So if you are thinking of ordering some of these but are hesitant because of these, to me, baseless comments on their quality, do it now. The price is going up - on 12/16 I paid $19.79 for this and they are now $29.99 - and before long these incandescent light bulbs may become completely unavailable or only available at a price unrealistically high to dissuade us from using them.