Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 12, 2012
This book is informative but the killer is there is NO ANSWER KEY to any of the questions in the book!!!!! RIP OFF!!!!! I called the publisher and they told me if I was not a teacher I could not get the answer key! There is a practice test that you do get with the book but I have not looked at it. I just think it's a rip off because I read the chapters and had no problems but when I take the tests at the end of each chapter, I can't look at the answer key. I would say it refreshes you with the material but in reading it you don't know if you can pass their questions. FIND ANOTHER BOOK! RIP OFF RIP OFF ALERT....Call the publisher up yourself and ask why there is no answer key 1-888-764-7001
on March 20, 2013
This book is very informative and well structured. It is easy to pull and retain the knowledge gained from it. It has in book reviews and image guides for hands on examples. It also comes with a real MTA practice test, which you can redeem online. However as mentioned there are no answers given in the text book. Which can lead to some very stressful review writing. It does however give full access to the review answers and testing materials to teachers. This didn't help me any and anyone who was trying to avoid having to take the course will be left wanting. Overall it was a good book and most of the answers are written exactly as they are in the chapters so you can kind of cross check them. If you can find a textbook with answers included I would recommend going with that.
on August 4, 2014
Look, I don't know who wrote this book, but I take alot of issues with it. My review here is similar to my response to another review, but I felt I needed to post my own.
CONS:
1) No Answer Key - Seriously, you might be able to find answers using Google, but they are not in this book, and Microsoft only gives them to teachers.
2) Overpriced - This book is way too expensive for its content and quality. There are better books at half the price.
3) Ambiguous questions and answers that are not always 100% referenced in the chapters, made an even larger problem by #1

PROS:
1) Decent amount of useful information, you could probably pass an MTA with this, but I wouldn't ever recommend this book to a beginner.

I guess the Pro was also a Con, oh well. I seriously hope the Windows 8 version of this book is better.
on October 23, 2013
Great book as far as the readings and exercises.

To get the answers to the end-of-lesson exercises
you must purchase the Instructors Book.
on February 18, 2014
It's a good review for the test, not real in depth on any one topic.
*Does not have answers for end of chapter questions, need to get them elsewhere.
on February 18, 2015
To learn how MS wants you to do things this book will help you. WARNING. The test will some times tell you failed when you actually passed.
on January 7, 2015
Good book liked the companion practice test...but it would have been nice to have the answer key with the chapter quizes
on May 20, 2014
Order came earlier than stated. Easy to track down and updated was given. Book was new and easy package. ....
on October 2, 2014
Excellent Microsoft book for the Certification exam. If you want to pass the 98-349 exam this is a must
on May 13, 2013
Well done. It's best to have Windows 7 on your computer -- so you can do the examples. Take notes.