5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical
Published on March 25, 2005 by The Queen of Noirs

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as 101 un-uceless Japaneese Inventions.
99 More Un-uceless Japaneese Inventions is a collection of crazy Japaneese inventions, like personal wake-up headphones, scrubingshoes, porta- ble lamp posts and other zany modifications to evryday things. Each of the 99 items comes complete with a photo and short essay, explaning its use.
having read 101 Un-uceless Japaneese inventions, (which was published...
Published on August 31, 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, March 25, 2005
This review is from: 99 More Unuseless Japanese Inventions: The Art of Chindogu (Paperback)
I love this book. The inventions are so...so...well, I expect to see a few of these on TV while watching late night television. Nature lover's shoes? I had some of those as a kid. The lipstick stencil? Where was this when I was an awkward teenager? The hair protector for eating noodles? I needed that at lunch the other day! See what I mean? Excellent. Recommended for your friends with a wild sense of humor. My 12 year old also loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, July 13, 2000
This book of 99 wacky Japanese inventions is one of the best books around for casual, page flipping type reading. Everytime I flip through this book I find some new Japanese invention that captures my interest. This truly is a coffee table type book, with many color photos of each invention, and summaries of the inventions uses. Most of the inventions are cool, but of the sort that you'd probably never really have the desire to use; some of these inventions I actually could see myself using. For an interesting book that would be perfect on the coffee talbe look no further than 99 More Unuseless Japanese Inventions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coffeetable book, June 7, 2000
S Torres (California USA) - See all my reviews
This sequel to 101 Un-useless Inventions, has 3 or more pictures with each invention. Learn about Japanese norms indirectly through these over-the-top inventions. Guarantee you'll be laughing before halfway through this book. You'll also shake your head in amazement and wish some of these things really were on the market. Notable ones: Cigarettes that light without a match. A clipper to clip all your toes at once. And the ingenious solar-powered flashlight. I'd recommend it as a giftbook or to have around the house to entertain guests.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as 101 un-uceless Japaneese Inventions., August 31, 1998
By A Customer
having read 101 Un-uceless Japaneese inventions, (which was published before) 99 More was just overkill. However, if you haven't read either of the books I suggest you take a look at one of them, because Un-Uceless Japaneese inve- ntions are a lot of fun to learn about with or without a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get - some good laughs, January 3, 1999
By A Customer
You expect it to be wacky, and it is. It's a laugh. If you are buying for the 'person who has everything' then this book might be a neat gift. Otherwise buy it second-hand, and get the same laughs for half the money. It's a throw-away.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, October 18, 2011
This is a great book, although the previous one was a bit better. This one was running out of ideas a bit in my opinion, but still enjoyable.
This book is about 99 more un-useless inventions (from the sequel of "101 Un-Useless Inventions".), which are inventions with no sales, which makes sense with some, like:
- Tongue Cover: Covers your tongue so that you can eat your food without waiting awhile for it to cool down -- Less receptive taste buds, also hot on back; purpose should be for brushing teeth to avoid the mintiness of the toothpaste, not for food!!!
- Swiss army gloves: Gloves to PREPARE for ANYTHING -- Just pack separately; it is less efficient if it were gloves.
- Portable parking spot: Allows you to park in full parking lots without getting a ticket -- Annoys drivers that are moving in after you, and since it may be noticed, you will get a ticket anyawy.
- Portable lamp post: Prevents you from walking in the dark night again -- hard to carry around, especially in non-flat terrain or stairs. In addition, the light may make females mistaken as a prostitute!
However, some are practical like:
- Selective alarm clock: Alarm clock that only wakes you up, meaning it will not annoy other people.
- Geisha on the Go: Saves time making your face whiter.
However, I should tell why I like this book. It is because I have a good experience from the prequel. More importantly, some are funny, with clear descriptions! :D
Ranking: 5/5: I love it.
Thank you for reading this. :)
KM

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, August 26, 2001
David Feldman (Fullerton, California United States) - See all my reviews
This book is great. It shows many inventions that you might want. Some of the inventions I even have made my own of because I think it would be very useful. There is only one reason why I only rated this 4 stars, The book is not very long I finished reading it in 2 hours while even doing other things at the same time....

99 More Unuseless Japanese Inventions: The Art of Chindogu
99 More Unuseless Japanese Inventions: The Art of Chindogu by Kenji Kawakami (Paperback - Nov. 1997)
Used & New from: $0.01