Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 9G Products INPRINT Biometric Fingerprint Handgun & Pistol Safe
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 25, 2011
This is a fine product, and I feel much better for having it in my house. I did a lot of research into biometric safes before deciding of the Inprint fingerprint safe. I wanted a quick accesses safe for my handgun, and the Inprint product seems to be the only one on the market that is worth relying on. After reading (a lot) of reviews for other handgun safes on Amazon and other sites on the web this is the one I decided on. The Barska safe is almost a hundred dollars cheaper, but after reading one review where the reviewer talked about how both of his kids were able to open the safe if he did not wipe the fingerprint sensor clean with an alcohol swab after using it, I knew I did not want that thing in my house! This is worth the money. I do not have kids of my own, but my two nieces do visit my house frequently, and (kids being kids) I am sure it is only a matter of time before they rummage through my bedroom. Also now I have a lot more peace of mind that if my neighborhood kids do break into my house at least they won't hurt themselves (or someone else) with a firearm. I think that if you own guns you have moral obligation to keep them locked up. Not to mention the fact that you are open to criminal prosecution if someone is hurt with your weapon.
Would this safe stop a determined thief with a pry bar? Probably. To be sure this is not the most heavy duty safe in the world, but it does seem to be a solidly built item. If I went at it with a hammer and pry bar I could probably get it open, but it would take some time, and would make a lot of noise. If you are looking for a theft, or fireproof safe look elsewhere. You just have to be realistic about what you expect from a product like this
It did take me about half an hour to master the process of enrolling fingerprints into the memory on this safe. You have to press your finger very flat into the sensor before you swipe your finger, but once you get used to the motion it will become second nature.
I did not end up buying my safe from Amazon, but I did get it from the Amazon vendor Xfighterdefense. As of the time of this review there is no feedback on this seller, but after seeing that buying direct from the sellers website I could get the accessories for this product and save the price of the shipping it seemed like a no-brainer. This was a good choice. I highly recommend this seller. Very top notch customer service. Once again, I highly recommend this seller.
on November 6, 2012
Recently purchased this product. At first seemed to be great. Fingerprint was very easy to setup. Opens quickly, quietly, efficiently and regularly. No one else's fingerprint opened the safe. Overall I was very happy with this safe.....UNTIL MY 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER OPENED IT!!!

She was curious and wanted to see what was in it. She could not pry it open, or force it, so she got frustrated. She leaned back on the bed and used her foot to stomp on the top --- and the door flew open!!! I was quite surprised and a little alarmed. I closed the door and told her to open it again and like clockwork, the door flew right open when she repeated the motion.... I repeated the test with my hand and it opens about 80% of the time. Hardly any force is necessary at all. Needless to say the safe is empty now, I have called the manufacturer but have yet to receive a reply.

This is an addendum -- Luckily the manufacturer is just 20 minutes from my house. They contacted me and asked me to get the safe to them so that they could inspect it. Upon arrival, they immediately gave me a new safe and then trouble shot the defective one. They determined that the latch had malfunctioned and thanked me for bringing this to their attention. They were very pleasant, and extremely courteous and professional. After they examined the old safe, they had me setup the new one and allowed me to beat it, drop it, and try to get the safe to open -- without it opening. This company truly stands behind their product, and will go above and beyond to assist you with their products. They get 5 stars for service and another 5 stars for their American made product!!
on June 15, 2013
I have had this safe for approx 2 yrs. i love the idea of the safe and think with some better quality controls (and maybe a redesign of certain parts) this could be a first rate safe. the structure of the safe seems to be fine, it is the locking mechanism that is lacking. programming was easy enough and the operation is straight forward. after approx 1 1/2 yrs the latch quit working (warranty was up after 1 yr). i disassembled the safe and gained access to the lock. i found that a pin had backed out of the raised boss that was to hold it. i put the pin back in and it worked great for about 1 week. i went through the procedure again and this time applied lock tight to the pin and inserted again. this time worked great for about 3-4 months. just went in to retrieve my pistol and the same issue is happening again. i will take it apart and try to come up with a better fix (maybe tack weld). the first two times i could not retrieve my pistol. this last time i cannot secure my pistol. neither issue is acceptable. i use the safe on a daily bases (multiple times a day). I have lost confidence in the safe. for the price you pay and only having a one yr warranty i would expect much more from a safe. look elsewhere for a safe until they fix basic (and simple) issues.
on April 30, 2010
The safe is the fastest on the market i could find. I don't have to remember a code if i need access in a hurry. and the kids can't just enter the garage door code and get in... only my and my wifes finger print works!
If every gun owner had one of these they would rest easier.
and if you want to make it really fast buy the A/C adaptor. It goes from opening in about 2 seconds to almost instant.
on December 31, 2011
I had to review this product, because there aren't that many, and I want others to buy this thing. I'm a police officer and weapon safety at home is paramount to me. I purchased this safe after reading a few reviews, and couldn't be happier with it. The fingerprint reader is reliable and accurate. I loaded both of my index fingers and my wife's index fingers. I have tested it using my other fingers, and other people's fingers, and it never opens. This safe does, however, ALWAYS open when my wife or I swipes our fingers. Definite pluses are the ability to bolt it to the floor and the external power source. I would recommend the power source, as changing the battery out all the time would be a bit annoying. I definitely recommend this product!
on January 3, 2012
I also wanted to add my own review because there were only a few. Mine just arrived today, along with the half shelf and AC adapter. Awesome product so far. This is the first I have owned so I can't comment on others but initial impressions are great. The manual isn't bad, but the videos on 9g's website are a big help for anything regarding this safe. I enrolled three of my fingers total. Enrollment wasn't hard, but it took several tries to figure out how to align the finger correctly. That was the hardest part. Opening is very easy with any of my enrolled fingers. A thorough swipe opens it quickly. Just get the whole pad of the finger on the scanner while swiping and do it at a natural hurried pace. So far no false opens and very few rejections (keep in mind I am playing with it, going very fast or slow, or using awkward angles to see how it operates). It is a bit smaller than I thought, but that is on me because you can find its dimensions online. Still not too small though. My Glock 19 has more than enough room (could probably fit another full size pistol with some magazines or ammo without out it being too crowded to easily access), and I like the design of the half shelf for a little more versatility. Packaging was nice and padded and delivery was pretty quick considering all of the holidays. I'll try and upload some pictures and updates as needed but so far, great safe.

Oh, and its made in the USA which is always a big plus. And dimensions are as follows for anyone who's curious: 11x7x12. That's width, height, and depth respectively. Interior compartment is 434 cubic inches.
review image review image review image
on December 23, 2010
This product is made out unbelievably strong material. put together, and everything about this is seamless. With the swipe of my finger i have instant aces to my gun. This is the best gunsafe i have ever owned. I know that i am the only person that can get in this and that my family is safe.
on February 3, 2012
I have tried (2) other small gun safes and both of them were worthless once I got them home. Both made in China. This safe is made in the USA and well worth the extra money. This safe has worked flawlessly for several months. Since I rely on this safe to be dependable for the worst case scenario and had issues with the other brands, I had to run it through the paces for my own piece of mind. Excellent safe.
on October 14, 2014
Wonderful product, I store my passport & jewelry, cash etc in it. After a learning curve, it works better than before but still not perfect. I have dry skin, and am used to using fingerprint readers at work to access medications. I often have more trouble than others. I have to lotion up & even then it can take several tries. I learned if you press the door shut (there is a little play in it, maybe 1/4 inch or less) the reader opens a little easier. But I wouldn't want to rely on this thing if seconds counted. I sometimes have to try to open the thing 30x before it will work, try multiple fingers etc. For the purpose I use it for, it is fine.
on August 26, 2012
Before I purchased my first handgun, I needed a way to secure it from my curious daughter - and to be able to convince my wife
that only WE could QUICKLY access it when we needed it ! After doing extensive online research, I decided that biometric
technology was the way to go and ordered the 9G INPRINT safe.

The safe arrived quickly but had been damaged intransit. I called 9g customer service and was connected with its president, Ken Stacy ! Ken quickly determined that the safe had been damaged, sent me a pre-paid return label, and he immediately shipped a
replacement safe. No prodding necessary on my part !

My new safe arrived two days later and I had it programmed with my finger prints in five minutes. The process is simple especially since 9 G has online video instructions. I can literally quickly open the safe in the dark, with my eyes closed !

Bottom line, this gun safe is sturdy, well designed and built, has state of the art finger print recognition, and is sold by a company
with a great customer service ethic. I highly recommend it !

P.S. 2 weeks later I also bought the optional half shelf. Nice upgrade and fits perfectly !