4.0 out of 5 stars great plants
I ordered 4 sweet bay trees because I figured at least one would be in good condition, but to my suprise all 4 were in great condition. used the other 3 for christmas presents!
Published on December 17, 2011 by PoindexterII

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy
this is a joke ! the plant is in a 4 inch pot but it is barely 2 inches high with 4 small leaves. i bought one a couple of years ago and it was fine but this is sad. bay grows slowly so i'll be long gone before i can harvest a leaf from this plant.

Published on April 6, 2012 by nancy l sherman

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy, April 6, 2012
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot

4-20 addendum - i just received a bay from hirts - go to them if you want a bay plant. it has lots of leaves and is 8 inches above the soil. very healthy looking

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny plants, arrived damaged, August 18, 2012
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
These plants are tiny! About two inches tall. Not sure any of them will survive. This plant grows very slowly, so it will take years for it to grow before I could harvest the leaves for cooking. One of the plants arrived damaged - leaves were black. I ordered one for myself and one for my friend as a present. What a dissapointment. In addition, they charged me for shipping for two plants separately (and the shipping is expensive), but the plants arrived in one box.

4.0 out of 5 stars great plants, December 17, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
These were approximately 12" Sweet Bay plants, inexpensive, straight and true so you can prune them to your liking, in beautiful health and well worth ordering more! Sweet Bay is kind of a novelty in florists and garden centers around here in New England, and especially at this time of year (October)! I was thrilled to get these to give to friends and family at Thanksgiving!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks healthy, January 10, 2014
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
It is exceptionally cold winter in Northern Virginia in January 2014. 4" pot was taped to keep the soil in pot and the plant is about 8" tall. It looks healthy.

I hope it grows well as it arrived well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my bay leaf tree, April 19, 2013
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
So I've waited almost 9 months to write this review. The little sapling came in my mail box and looked like it wasn't going to even make it through the night.

9 months later I am happy to say that it is doing really well, new leafs are coming out almost daily. It's in a perfect pot and has been growing during the Michigan winter indoors! I can't wait to see what it will do come summer time when it can be in full sun all day long.

Buy with confidence. The plant is from a good grower.

1.0 out of 5 stars (Jury's still out... first review).... New update 08/04/2013-Last update 10/15-2013, May 27, 2013
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
Like other reviews I have read, this plant came with four leaves on its 'trunk'. One of them had the tip cut off half way through the leaf. I have had it for almost three weeks...it is still very green, which I take to be a good thing, but it has not grown. There is a little brown/red bud...I can't tell if it is suppose to be brown/red, or if it's dead, but it hasn't done anything in all this time. Maybe the fact that it only gets NorthWest sun is the reason, I don't know. If I can get back to review this again later I will...from what I understand others have said in their reviews, it takes some time to get into a growing mode. I had a Bay tree many years ago...about a two footer, and it did very well, and I know they are slow to grow, but I have been hoping that because it is Spring, going into Summer my new tree will start growing a little faster?

08/04/2013 Updated

This type of tree DOES grow very slowly! But it did not grow AT ALL for the whole few months of the summer I have had it. (And I live in 'sunny' California!). Also unfortunately, my little puppy chewed off the 2 and a half of the three and a half leaves the plant originally had. Upon researching other sellers on the internet, I found that one could buy a much much larger plant for only two or three dollars more. I will not buy from this seller again.

Update: 10/15/2013

It died.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, May 15, 2014
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
It showed up promptly in good condition and packaged well.
I will probably keep it in a pot so I can bring it inside during the really cold months.
I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great plant, December 26, 2012
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
Have this at the moment in the kitchen as it is too cold outside but it is thriving and hope to be able to replant it in the spring. Great service, price and quality from the seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in what I received and will never order from them again., June 5, 2013
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Bay Laurel Herb - 4" Pot
The order info said it was a 4 inch pot. When the two plants came they were in a 4 inch pot, but only seedlings with 4 leaves and just about 3 inches tall. I sent a note to 9GreenBox and they said they would give me a refund or replacement, I said I did not want more miniture plants, but would except 1 larger plant as a replacement. When the replacement plant came a week later is was bigger, but it was not a Bay Laurel plant as irdered, but something called a Civilia? Not sure what to do with that so I just gave up and will certainly not be ordering anything from them again.

All of my other purchases though Amazon have been just fine.

Nodie Kipp