5.0 out of 5 stars Have't killed it yet
Published on November 17, 2011 by Mark E. Gober

3.0 out of 5 stars Red Thumb needed
I do not have a green thumb. Thankfully I'm great at feeding things, animals, children etc. This plant arrived with minimal bud damage. However once "fed", she sprung back to life. If you're squeemish around insects and worms, this is not for you. If you enjoy nature at its best but live in suburbia, this offers a mini escape into the jungle :)
Published on December 2, 2011 by Double G

5.0 out of 5 stars Have't killed it yet, November 17, 2011
This review is from: 9GreenBox - Venus Fly Trap w/ Gift Box Packing Large 3" Pot CARNIVOROUS DIONAEA (Misc.)
We've had this little plant for about 2 months now and it trucks along. It is relatively low maintenance. We just have to add water to it every now and then. It needs to sit in about 1" of water and stay virtually swampy, but that's it. He sits in the window sill and catches unlucky flies that happen his way. The plant is constantly dying on one head and producing another one. (That seems like a healthy plant to me). I have 8,6 and 4 year old boys and they love to watch him catch things. Every now and then we'll kill a fly with a fly swatter and hand feed the plant. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Red Thumb needed, December 2, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead plant, November 28, 2012
Now on my second plant, it is now dying, just as the first one did. I received it in a small box with dirt spilled out in the box and the plant is very small with some dead stems.

Shame on me for buying this plant again.

Dig up a weed from your garden and you would have the same result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 25, 2011
I bought this product for my daughter for christmas. It came pre-grown and moistened in its container. She was very happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised but still..., November 2, 2011
I bought this with the expectation of receiving exactly what is shown in the picture. Obviously, that doesn't happen (like most tragic marketing schemes). The plant arrived with 6 TINY traps of which 3 were in dormancy (fully black and dried out - but hey I live in VA so it's cold here). So you can imagine I was somewhat disappointed at first. Then I stuck with it and kept raising it for 3 weeks. New traps grew and the plant seems to be doing fairly well. The traps are also looking bigger.

I would recommend this purchase, but buyers should not expect a PERFECT plant to arrive.

2.0 out of 5 stars fly trap, November 1, 2011
When i received my fly trap all of the traps were closed so i called the "help line" and asked the guy if that was normal. the man on the other line spoke such poor english i could hardly understand him, i had to get him to repeat everything he said. he told me that the heads closed were ok that they would open in a few weeks i was like well ok, so about a week passes and the traps still are closed and they begin to get black spots on them so i call the help line again and he says oh thats normal it should go away in about a week . so time goes on and still the traps remain closed and the black has completely covered two of them. so i read online that if they get black spots on them to immediately pop the head off and a new one should grow back, so i did but the rest of the leaf just got really black and began to limp over. ive had my fly trap for about 3 and a half weeks now and they still haven't lost the black on them, one of the heads have opened but it is dead. i did EXACTLY what the instructions said to do but still no luck. dont be fooled by the photo on this item it is NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE SIZE IN THE PHOTO. it is maybe a third of the size in the photo. very disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, April 29, 2013
my plants came in I got 4..they all look good..cant wait to repot them and watch them grow...should do great in south tx:)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, November 16, 2011
Item arrived promptly but was not as described. It did not come with gift box packing and the plant had only 3 blooms and 1 was dead. I requested to return and was told a replacement item would be sent. I has yet to arrive and more than 30 days have elapsed. Would not recommend this vendor.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is awful!, January 5, 2014
First, the plant came two weeks late, then I found this tiny box in the mail that had two dead little fly traps in it. Then I call customer support and some Saudi Arabian guy with bad English tries to tell me its normal if they die and just to wait, so I do, and three weeks go and the plant is still dead. So I tell them I want a refund, then they told me they don't give refunds but said I could get another one. So an even more dead plant comes, and diets spills out all over the carpet. And to top it all off, the plant is tiny compared to what the picture shows it to be, So don't waste your time and money with 9GreenBox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Plant!, September 27, 2013
Customer service is top notch and the replacement plant is in superb condition! Thanks I appreciate your care, I will be back to buy more!