5.0 out of 5 stars MIKESCHAIR [A Beautiful Life]
Published on August 23, 2011 by Kevin Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars fairy tales
Album about fairy tales, magic, things old men made up and wrote down a long time ago. There is no man behind the curtain kiddos.
Published on August 26, 2011 by Big T

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars MIKESCHAIR [A Beautiful Life], August 23, 2011
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
Following in the footsteps of the group's massive hit, "Let The Waters Rise" and 4 Dove Award nominations for their debut album, MIKESCHAIR returns with their Curb sophomore release, A Beautiful Life. The new album features the hit, "Someone Worth Dying For" along with melodic rock tracks that the group is quickly becoming known for. Additional standout tracks include "A Beautiful Life" and "All For You." The origin of MIKESCHAIR was set in a freshman guy's dorm room one night at Belmont University in Nashville, TN. The band's name, MIKESCHAIR, begs for an explanation. "The 'chair' was the central gathering point where we got our start," says Sam. "All of us lived on the same floor of our dorm at Belmont, except for Mike. But, since he was always hanging out with us on our floor, we decided to get him piece of furniture to make him feel a little more at home. The chair was his only piece of property on our floor. He wrote his name on it in big capital letters, and it kind of became his seat of inspiration for writing songs and being creative. The name is a reminder of our humble beginnings and how far God has brought us."

The opening title track, "A Beautiful Life" sets the tone for the album musically and with the encouraging message that as Christians Jesus calls us to a beautiful life in Him with these uplifting words, "A beautiful life is unfolding before my eyes, just like the sunrise, to fill the empty skies, so shine your beautiful life." A popular musical style the past few years has been OneRepublic's style of electronic pop/rock. Recent hit songs "Galaxies" by Owl City, "Come Home" by Luminate, "Your Love" by Brandon Heath, "Light Up The Sky" by The Afters and "I Will Follow" by Chris Tomlin all feature that musical style. This album is in the same class with all of those successful releases, yet for me has the most catchy melodies and prayerful lyrics of that esteemed class of songs as best evidenced by the surefire hit song "Love Won't Quit On Us." I can't get enough of the hooky melody and the super-encouraging message of the song with the great lyrics, "Don't quit on love, because you're broken, don't quit on hope, you're not hopeless, you know the sun will rise again, this is not the end, I know this complicated world gets you down, don't give up, don't give up, don't quit on Love, because Love won't quit on us, He won't quit on us." Amen. That type of encouragement is found throughout this extremely catchy and uplifting album.

The highlight of the album for me is the current hit song, "Someone Worth Dying For." We can all relate to one of the situations beautifully described in the song, wife, man, son and girl, all "praying God can You hear me? Oh God are You listening? Am I really something beautiful? Jesus help me believe that I'm someone worth dying for." Not only are those lyrics penetrating and sincere, but Mike's passionate vocals bring it home with the incredible bridge, "You're worth it, you can't earn it, yeah the Cross has proven, That you're sacred and blameless, your life has purpose." I can't help but get welled up when I sing along with this song at the top of my lungs. That is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He came to die for us and our sins, and we are all "someone worth dying for." Amen. "You Loved Me First" is yet another catchy song filled with biblical Truth. Another highlight is the vertical praise and worship song "All For You." I would love to sing this song with fellow believers and the song has become one of my personal worship anthems. It is also the prayer of my heart that I do everything in my life for the Glory of God. I really connect to the sincere prayer--"it's All for You, All for You, every heart will proclaim, every tongue will shout Your praise, all for You." Closing track "Gonna See Your Kingdom" is a great final song which knits together the cohesive themes of the album. As believers, we are called to fight for the broken, hold onto love, and reach for the lonely. This whole album is very encouraging and always stays true to themes of hope, faithfulness and praise to our Great God.

CLOSING THOUGHTS (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com)
I have greatly enjoyed MIKESCHAIR's debut album for the past two years which yielded four consecutive hits, "Can't Take Away," "Let The Waters Rise," "Keep Changing The World" and "Straight To Your Heart." If you enjoyed the debut album, then don't hesitate to pick up A Beautiful Life immediately, which takes it up a notch in my opinion. Mike Grayson's vocals are stronger than ever and the encouraging and prayerful themes of this album are catchy, emotional and inspirational. Don't miss out on the standout tracks "A Beautiful Life," "Love Won't Quit On Us," "Someone Worth Dying For," "You Loved Me First" and "All For You." I fully expect several GMA Dove Award nominations for group, pop/contemporary album/song and one of my selections for song of the year, "Someone Worth Dying For."

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairy tales sometimes come true......., September 22, 2011
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
Really good album. Production is well done. Pop music never gets old. Especially with a great message behind it.................P.S. Big T. sounds like a Big L. Fairy tales? Like the Religion of Evolution? In the begining was....well....NOTHING! HA or Magic? You mean magic like gravity? All these smart scientists can't even explain that. Things old men made up? Like Thomas Huxley, Flew or Dawkins? But atleast Flew finally did realized his ignorance. HEY BT listen to the music and stop push'in your religious beliefs...............

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful work!, April 27, 2013
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
This album contains many wonderful, beautiful inspirational songs. I have several favorites, particularly "Save Me Now" and "Someone Worh Dying For." The melodies and harmonies are tight. I like the use of strings to add musical depth. If listeners enjoy For King and Country and Building 429, they will enjoy this group and album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, April 3, 2013
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
This album is awesome. Every single song is fantastic. Can easily listen to it all the way through. The first track is especially awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Life, September 16, 2011
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (Audio CD)
This album would make a great gift for anyone. The music On this CD as a great message and positives lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Album by MIKESCHAIR, September 8, 2011
William Callan (Greensboro, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (Audio CD)
It always floors me when someone comes along, like "Big T" below, and unfairly rates an album based on their dislike of Christian music. This is obvious here because his comments are absolutely ridiculous! This album is full of great songs with great lyrics. Musically, the album is very well produced, the sound is tight, and it's a good listen from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Life, September 1, 2011
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
For the last guy about no one behind the curtain Jesus my savior is alive and ruling over all creation as high priest Intercessor and mighty God. I am sad to think that the first time you will believe this is at the white throne of judegement. Repent and cry out to Jesus the only way truth and life and he will forgive you according to his sovereign will. But you must seek him with all your heart. Knock and the door will be opened, seek and it will be given to you. Amen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivating Music, March 6, 2013
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (Audio CD)
Mikeschair is what I play before I study the Word to help get in the right frame of mind. Awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Christian Band, February 19, 2013
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
I had heard Mike's Chair on my music apps on my iphone. It's awesome to have a whole CD to listen to now. Amazing band!

5.0 out of 5 stars :), January 18, 2013
This review is from: A Beautiful Life (MP3 Music)
what an awesome cd, great sound, so glad that I made this purchase on amazon, really liking my mp3 lately

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›