5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction
Published on April 18, 2009 by Carlos J. Molestina

Technically shouldn't complain bc the overall condition was fine however was a tiny bit disappointed only bc the description stated either good or very good condition. Maybe my idea of good is different but for the price I paid, overall was happy. Will just be cautious for future purchases or maybe ask questions. LOVE THE BOOK! Wish I had all of Bart Ehrman's books.
Published 1 month ago by Joni

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction, April 18, 2009
This book is very well written and very interesting. As the title says this is an introduction, not an in depth study. Another reviewer claims to have found mistakes about the new testament within this book, I would like him to develope on that statement because this book is by one of the most respected scholars on the subject. I dare to take a guess and say that this reviewer is just not happy with the facts because these questions his faith and what he has taken as truth for a long time, but that is just my guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 14, 2011
Phil (Lakeland, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Brief Introduction to the New Testament (Paperback)
A great book for delving into the New Testament. It is purely a historical look at it. Don't read this book if you are looking for a "faith-booster".

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brief Introduction to the New Testament, May 11, 2012
My wife and I were scheduled to start a class at our church that is being taught by our new Rector. There was a requirement that we have the text / reference book for the class and it was expected to be available at the church book store in time.
It turned out that the book, A Brief Introduction to the New testament, is out of print. Amazon to the rescue! We found the book available, used, at 1/3 the new price. The book was delivered the day of the first class and on time. Not only that, but our "used" book must never have been cracked. It was in brand new condition. Outstanding! We have been doing well with it through the gospels, Acts, and Paul's letters. We will be wrapping up with Romans next week and all successful due to Amazon. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wealth of information, April 20, 2011
Daniel Durham (Williamsville, NY USA) - See all my reviews
A good overview that will enlighten just about anyone interested in the New Testament. It will bring a new understanding on the subject and will bring to light many things that your Sunday school teacher would not discuss. This book will encourage you to think and ask even more questions. It will also provide facts that the average person doesn't know about the worlds most widely read book. I will use this book often and encourage anyone to at least look it over, then you will be hooked by it's great academic discussions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Technically shouldn't complain bc the overall condition was fine however was a tiny bit disappointed only bc the ..., September 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Textbook, May 27, 2014
I had to read this for a class. I have been going to church my entire life, but I have learned so many news facts about the Bible. This text would give you a new perspective on the New Testament and it would help you have a better understanding of the foundations of the New Testament!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only if your skeptical of the bible, April 13, 2014
Bart Ehrman was a born again Christian and is a Professor of Theology. The more he studied the bible the more skeptical he became. He is an expert on the Bible but is a nonbeliever. I have read many of his books. Unless your a skeptic your self this may not be for you. He has a tendency to go over the average readers head. I as a former Minister knows where he comes from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, January 31, 2014
This review is from: A Brief Introduction to the New Testament (Paperback)
I rented this book for a class and when I turned it in I came to Amazon to purchase it. I really love this book and suggest it to anyone who is interested in the history of the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to the New Testament, December 1, 2013
Jean A. Jones (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is a great introduction to the New Testament. If, like myself, you would like to read what scholars say about the New Testament, then this is the book for you. Bart Ehrman teaches at UNC-Chapel Hill, is an excellent scholar on the New Testament, and does, for me, a great job of being objective as a scholar on what a historian can conclude about the New Testament and I like his conclusions and how he comes up with his conclusions. It is good to read Ehrman side by side with Luke Timothy Johnson because Ehrman is a former Christian believer whereas Luke Timothy Johnson is a clear Christian believer. What I like about both men is that although they may or may not believe in the Christian God, they do wish to be good scholars and try to keep their opinions to being good scholars. Anyway, this is a great introduction to the New Testament and worth the time to learn from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, September 6, 2013
This review is from: A Brief Introduction to the New Testament (Paperback)
I have many books written by Ehrman an they are usually beautifully written, this is no exception. So far, it has offered me great insights.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Brief Introduction to the New Testament
A Brief Introduction to the New Testament by Bart D. Ehrman (Paperback - September 29, 2008)
Used & New from: $13.18