4.0 out of 5 stars spritely, September 12, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
I just picked up this book and am really intrigued by it. As a recent convert to veganism I've been looking for a cookbook that will keep me "interested" and this one seems to be doing it. The recipes do require time and preparation. Still, once you have the basics in your pantry, it's possible to whip up a quick and healthy meal in no time. Great recipes all around from entrees to sides dishes, breakfasts (yummy blue corn pancakes!) even recipes for body-cleansing teas. Also includes suggestions on how to live healthfuly. I like the bits of information in the margins and the sometimes comical "country" illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, May 5, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
This is a lovely, inspiring cookbook. The recipes are unique and healthful, and the sidebar quotes and tips give the book a warm, nurturing tone.
The two things that struck me about this book were:
(1) the the entrees reference the "sauces" pages, so that I actually use this section, unlike with other cookbooks, where I have no idea what to do with the sauce recipes.
(2) many vegan cookbooks have the requisite chapter on breakfast, but never before has one offered so many attractive options that have actually helped lure me from my regular cereal-and-soy-milk routine.
I have tried many of the dishes, so far my favorite is the Wild 'n Cheezy casserole, which uses nutritional yeast, and contains kale (both are rather new dietary items for me - nutritional powerhouses - and thanks to this book, ones that I now enjoy immensely).
If you are looking for "something different" for dinner, are familiar with basic cooking techniques, and have a decent level of competence in the produce section of the grocery store, I would highly recommend this book for your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars A keeper! But needs more careful editing..., February 22, 2003
Kenneth Simon (Glendale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
There are plenty of recipes in this cookbook that are keepers! The recipes are presented in an easy-to-read typfeace -- an important feature of any cookbook. The health-conscious, vegan recipes are not too complex, and a few of them have inspired us to make them repeatedly over the months.
I would caution that the book is a victim of some sloppy editing. There are some odd misspellings (celery "stocks" instead of "stalks") and occasionally the recipe instructions are ambiguous. At least one recipe from this book came out awful because the preparation instructions were unclear.
I still do recommend this cookbook. The bulk of its contents will make for some delicious, healthy meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite cookbook, January 6, 2003
Cathe (curled up with a book) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
I love this cookbook. I used to cook in a health food deli. Anytime I made one of these soups, customers would rave. The recipes are easy to make, don't need tons of ingredients, they are not overcooked, they are light but filling and delicious - I am especially fond of their soups. I recommend this cookbook to everyone I know. Vegans and non vegans love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best recipe book in my collection., May 1, 2005
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
If you are looking for easy to fix, healthy recipes which are easy to follow this is by far the best book. No bland food here. It is divided into sections, Salad dressings, salads, dips, entrees etc, which makes for easy meal planning. I have not found a dud recipe in this book. This book will not just sit on the shelf, it will get used.

A nice thing about the book as well is it's size and typeface. Easy to read and lays flat when on the counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A vegan gem, August 23, 2007
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
With a title like "A Celebration of Wellness," you might not pick this up off the shelf if you were looking for vegan recipes. But please do, because the recipes are light, delicious, filling, and vegan. My favorite are the Divine Dolmas--never before have I tasted dolmas that were not coated in oil or filled with oily stuffing. These were great. I also appreciate the health tips, cleansing drinks, and reduced-fat/no fat suggestions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing recipes and information, January 17, 2011
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
I have wanted to buy this book for quite some time and am glad I finally did so. The book is filled with useful information for experienced as well as inexperienced vegetarians. There is far more to eat than just cheese, bread and salad! One can be healthy and happy and have diversity. I would recommend this book for all spiritually conscious eaters as well as those dipping their toes into vegetarianism and veganism for the first time.

You will be able to wow even those who think that a meal is not a meal without meat and the recipes are easy as well. Buy this book and start cooking!

5.0 out of 5 stars wellness a celebration if Life, May 20, 2013
I enjoy the recipies in this book, I love the pictures, the colors and the lay out of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tongue in Cheek Vegan Adventure, July 1, 2010
Amazon Customer "Gatlianne" (Athens, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Celebration of Wellness (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book so much I bought a copy for a friend. I love the character drawings throughout as well as the humor. This cookbook has some fresh vegan ideas and a variety of them. The book is also filled with informational side notes which I love! This is one of my favorite cookbooks I highly recommend it to those on the vegan journey.

A Celebration of Wellness
A Celebration of Wellness by Natalie Cederquist (Paperback - December 1, 1998)
Used & New from: $0.01