Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on May 4, 2006
I loved this holiday movie. It is about a widow and her two daughters who live in a small town. She loses her job and owes alot of money on her house and loans her late husband took out. The bank president drives up in a snow storm to tell her that the bank is foreclosing on her house. He gets into an accident and gets snowed in with her and her daughters over Christmas. They end up falling in love and he learns alot about being happy and living a peaceful, less hectic life where things are simple and rewarding. More people should watch this movie and remember the important things in life. I have been trying to buy this on DVD and cant find it anywhere, only in Region 2, which doesnt play in the US. Please re-release this on DVD.
22 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2006
I agree with the above rating of this movie. It is one of those "feel good" Christmas movies that makes you stop and think about the things that are really important in life. I, too, have been searching for this movie on DVD to add to the collection of Christmas movies that have become a tradition to watch at Christmastime in our family. PLEASE bring this movie, as well as others like it, back to us on DVD.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2006
This is one of my favorite movies, and I watch it several times a year. I video-taped it when it first aired on TV years ago, and my video is almost worn out. I would love to have it on DVD!
on December 11, 2006
This is one of the most wonderful Christmas movies ever! I look for it to play on some network/satellite channel and would love to see it offered on DVD. It's my mom's favorite movie and I would love to surprise her with a copy on DVD! Thanks!
on May 2, 2013
This should of been a better movie with Olivia Newton John in it. The setting was nice in the cabin sytle home with the winter snow and feel. The acting wasn't that good with the kids and the adults yelling and arguing a lot. There was nice parts with the sheep and caring for their animals. She was upset about not having a job and losing her home. The fact that the Banker forclosing on her had a car accident and had to stay with her didn't help things. But in two days she falls in love with the banker foreclosing on her home so everything is ok now. Only in a movie, but its worth the five dollars spent to see Olivia and some fake snow.
on December 28, 2013
This movie has a typical premise for a Christmas romance. A widow who lives on a farm is struggling to pay off her late husband's debt. Through a series of mishaps, mostly dealing with weather, the bank manager who has gone to deliver foreclosure papers ends up stuck at her house on Christmas eve. The rest of the movie becomes a typical fish-out-of-water romance in which the guy ends up seeing the woman's predicament as well as falling in love with her. The ending is fairly predictable. Unfortunately, most of the scenes in the movie are extremely drab and depressing. While this helps play up the poverty aspect, it doesn't leave much charm to add to the Christmas spirit. It makes the whole move feel depressing and without much hope. Also, while the characters seem fairly likable, they don't end up having much chemistry. This is one of those movies where you end up wondering how the two actually fell in love. This is somewhat of an old TV movie, so you can forgive some of the mediocre production quality, but all in all, it's not a very uplifting or happy movie, in spite of the intended happy message. There are plenty of other nice B movies out there that are about Christmas romances. Unless you are a fan of Olivia Newton John, it's probably best to take a pass on this one.
on January 1, 2013
This movie seemed to be cheaply made, it was o.k. to watch with youngsters who are into the animals on the farm. Both main actors have done much better in other films. If there is nothing to be done, but sit and watch a movie, it is worth watching one time.
VINE VOICEon August 25, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this movie. Some parts I liked such as the cozy cabin in a snowy country setting but other parts, I was not fond of. First of all, I didn't think that Olivia Newton-John and Gregory Harrison had any chemistry between each other. Also, I have to agree with a couple of other reviewers, some of the yelling an screaming should have been toned down. The other thing I didn't care for was when they show the birth of the lamb in the barn. While I appreciate the magic of a new birth, I felt that they showed too much blood especially for an audience which includes children.

It's a touching story but I feel that it lacks magic.
on April 29, 2012
i had seen this movie some years ago and wanted to own it . i had liked it so much at the time that i want to see it again and again at all the next christmases to come..christmas romance reminds me of the days when we had to make ends meet, and olivia newton john is terrific in her role and so is greg harrison. the very best movie.i am a sentimental.
on December 8, 2009
This movie is a must see for anyone who is a romantic. It has everything. Drama, songs, and of course romance. It is a wonderful movie.