Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 15, 2015
If you are a fan of Amsih romances, you will enjoy this book. Wanda Brunstetter writes realistic and heartfelt characters that you actually grow to care about. This is one of three books in the Indiana Cousins series. The best thing about Amsih romances is that there is absolutely NO smut, just good clean reading and interesting characters.
on October 18, 2013
This story really hit home with me. I too have suffered with panic attacks, and the symptons described in the story were some of the same symptons that I have experienced. I understood Katie's fears of being misjudged, and her reluctance to taking medications. However, I had to take the medication, because after refusing to take it for two years my symptons got worse and worse and I was rushed to the emergency room two times before I would accept medication and counseling. I am well on the road to recovery now, and so far I have had no adverse side effects to the medications. I listened to this one three times before I filed it away with the others. I love the way Wanda Brunstetter decribes the weather, the food, the thoughts of the characters, etc. One can really get a feel of actually being right there somewhere in Indiana (Topeka in the case) Keep up the good work Wanda, they bring me great comfort.
Can some tell me how to access the PDF after it has been inserted into the computer?? Thank you
on August 19, 2012
Katie Yoder's life changed drastically the day her boyfriend was killed in a van accident. Despite the change of scenery in Florida, she finds herself suffering from anxiety attacks and depression. No matter how much she tries, she just can't forget about the accident that took Timothy away from her. As she struggles to move on with her life, she slowly becomes aware of something she hasn't felt in a long time.

Freeman Bontrager has been attracted to Katie since they were in grade school. But while the fears that assail her do not deter him from being her friend, the beautiful Eunice Byler just might. Will Katie ever be able to face her fears and love again? Or will the demons keep her from living a normal live continue to plague her?

This novel brought to light how people with trauma in their past might deal with the tragedy. I was struck by how little I knew of the topic, and how it feels from that point of view. The characters varied from supportive to judgmental, and there was plenty to be learned by all. The author explored the topic with compassion and understanding, and despite the heartache Katie faced, God is ultimately the "peace that passeth all understanding."
on December 20, 2015
I had already given up on this author after listening to 3 books on CD but since I had it checked out from the library I decided to give it a go. I will say up front, I listened to about 5 minutes of this book and gave up and here's why--every book I've listened to by this author starts out with tragedy or death and this one is no exception. I really don't want to hear anymore about death. I can look at the news to see that. Don't most people who read amish fiction want a nice escape ???? And secondly, this author constantly writes about people nodding their heads, like a bunch of bobble heads. I think about the 3rd sentence, someone was nodding their head already and I said forget this, not wasting anymore time on this author and returned it to the library. So, if you like reading about tragedy and head nodding, you might like it.
on September 8, 2009
Love Wanda Brunstetter books. I have all of her books and have never been disappointed by any of them. If you like good Amish fiction books that hold your interest you definetly want to read her books.
on August 27, 2009
I just finished book #2 last night--it was hard to put down! I really enjoyed the book, and can't wait till book #3 comes out--what a great series!
on October 1, 2009
This is another one of Wanda's terrific books. Each of her books are christian, wholesome reading for the entire family! This is a must read!
on March 15, 2011
This is he second books of the series "Indiana Cousin's" and as the first one it features one person more that the others. In this on Katie Miller is still very depressed from losing her fiancée Timothy. She is really having a hard time with something she has no knowledge of what it is but if she leaves home she gets really sick and has an attack that feels as she is going to die. "I know how this is because I go through the same thing, I do not like to leave my house".

Everyone is really worried about her and she finds a friend that she went to school with and she can talk to him more that she can anyone else. Freeman Bontranger has his own bicycle shop and loves his work. The Amish are like the rest of the country they are having a hard time with jobs and making a living.

Freeman befriend Katie and tell her things about himself he has never told anyone else. The family encourages her to go to a counselor but at first her Mom went with her and answered all the questions, so the counselor told the Mom for her not to come in with Katie anymore. Katie told her mom that she didn't even want her to go with her in the car that they hire. Freeman started going with her, but another young woman has set her mind to have Freeman and she stats telling tells about Katie.

This is a very good book and I want to think Barbour Publishing for sending me this copy to review.
on May 29, 2014
** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book. There was so many parts of what Katie was going through moving through depression and into anxiety/panic attacks. The question is there did Katie's parents do the right thing by sending her away its hard to say. She may have grown from that experience, but then again it seemed like she used it as a way to ignore her problems and when she returned she had a hard time coping. I am glad she finally shared her feelings. I know it can be one of the hardest things especially when someone is spreading rumors about you but I believe she wouldn't have gotten better if she had never shared her feelings.
One thing I didn't understand was why it was so bad that she didn't go to the sheriff right away about the baby I have to admit I probably wouldn't have. I mean I guess I can see it was a good thing because the baby ended up being returned to the mother but I just didn't see the crime...
Eunice drove me crazy, is it bad that I am hoping I don't see her in the next book. She was such a busy body and gossip I knew she would push everyone away. I still don't think she learned her lesson in this book and I am afraid she will show up again.

Overall though a good read.
on October 1, 2009
A Cousin's Prayer is a thought provoking story of a young Amish girl, Kate who cannot seem to get her life back together after a terrible automobile accident that killed her beloved. I did have a problem with Kate who at first refused to allow anyone to share her pain and wouldn't let anyone help her out of her grief and guilt. But did everything come out happy in the end? You have to read the book yourself to see. Colleen B.