Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 10, 1999
I have used this meditation book as a recovering person since 1983 and have given it as gifts for years. This is my favorite of these type books because it is not purely Christian in its focus. There are quotes included by many diverse authors(Epicurius, Homer, Thomas Merton, Emerson, even Elizabeth Barret Browning to name but a few). It also leads one thru the twelve steps as a suggested program of action rather than a guilt obsessed "should book".
on August 16, 2006
I don't think we as human beings actually recognize the power of daily reading, meditation, and reflecting. Practicing these powerful principles allows us to remain mindful of the moment and reflect upon the deeper question in our lives. To devote ourself to a daily meditation and to journal on these quiet times is priceless and will certainly aid in the evolution of our soul. For me this practice has allowed an awakening to take place and opens my life up to all the opportunities that are available in this universe. Please give this practice a try! This book will help you in your journey of living and cultivating an active consciousness in your daily life.

Richard A. Singer Jr. Author Your Daily Walk with the Great Minds of the Past and Present.
on January 5, 2013
and that just about says it all. I've used this one and the Twenty Four Hours a Day for years now as part of my daily morning meditation and prayer I do after my first cup of coffee every day. This and the Morning practice and prayer outlined in the Big Book on pages 86 and 87 always seems to get my days off in the right direction.
on April 29, 2008
This little book helps me to start each morning with simple insights which enhance each day's discoveries. I feel lucky to have found this magic book! I like it so much I often give it as a gift to others on their birthday!!
on March 21, 2013
I would like to post this so others like me might realize this is not the alanon conference approved literature book that has a very similiar name which is One Day at a Time. That book has been around for years and is for families of alcoholics. I thought I was ordering that book when I bought this one. It is not the same. This book is a meditation book for alcoholics and not for the families of alcoholics. I was in an online meeting of alanon and another person shared that they had bought this book by mistake as well thinking it was the alanon book with a smiliar title. So if you are looking for the alanon book this one is not it.
on September 3, 2011
I have come across this book in a few "groups" that I have been in but never paid much attention until September 2 writing. I keep this book close at hand even when I am not at home. Each day I read the passage and learn a new lesson in life not just recovery. I will probably have each day memorized by the end of my life since I wake up, grab my coffee and sit down to read todays passage. It gives me something to contemplate through out the day as well as lifts me up and helps me conect with God first thing in the morning. If I am feeling down during the day I reread the passage and remember to look to God for His guidance and grace to help me make it through the day!
on February 27, 1998
If you are looking for a way to stay sober as an alcoholic, I suggest this book, one page for each day. and the strange thing about it is, that it usually covers the problem (solution) that you are bugged on that day. It has simple and short sentences to remember throughout the day. I have read it now for 3 years and I'm still sober!!
on March 17, 2011
I do a daily reading from this & the lanugage of letting go.
Both are an integral part of my recovery.
Its part of the way that I "feed my soul".
If I dont do my morning readings I really notice it through the day.
on November 7, 2014
A diary of the highs and lows of recovery. Pertains to all illnesses in my mind, which is helpful. Helps remind us that there will be good days and bad days on the road to recovery, but overall... a little too much on the melancholy side.
on March 6, 2014
Came very quickly :-)
I bought this for a friend who's going through some rough times.
All I can do is hope it helps soothes some of his anxieties.
Was recommended to me by a friend who reads it daily for the last 4yrs...over & over.
God Bless Us All ...