Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on June 8, 2012
By far this is Tremayne's best work as far as im concerned. Tremayne is a local New Rochellian who has taken the community around him, sharing some of these gritty expereinces putting them to pen.
I have read all three of Tremayne's published books they were all good..however for me as stated above "THE UNION" was the best.
In this book the plot and characters have more depth..as well as the detail in which he tells his story. In "THE UNION" Tremayne has expanded the world he captures to include family and a deeper level of life's tragic events. LB
on October 16, 2012
This was a really good book! This was my 3rd read by Mr Johnson and I must say, it felt as though it was a movie with how everything played out! Ahmed is just released from prison and is wanting to change his life around. But the question is will it be to late?? Read and find out!
on July 23, 2013
Full of action and suspense. You here about hood legends all the time. But the goon squad was bout that life. I don't know nobody fatten it in like them. The reality is it's only 2 ways you get out the game..... It kept my attention tho til the end. Good job. Good read.
on November 4, 2013
I love it it was a page turner and it was kinda different from some off the books I had read previous usually you really never read about the come up of a drug dealer there already made it but I will recommend it to other readers
on May 31, 2012
I think the book had potential but it began to bore me. I even tried going back to it but no luck. I loved his book "KING" and I'm going to read "The Union" but this one...I just can't.

Maybe I should have read this one first because KING set the stage for greatness. That's another reason I'm not giving up on this author and WILL be reading his newest release. I really wanted to like this book.
VINE VOICEon March 20, 2009
What happens when running the streets is all you know? Can you regroup, change or reform? A Drug Dealer's Dream by Tremayne Johnson introduces readers to Ahmed Yung, a drug dealer, who is recently released from doing a six-year bid. One can only hope he has learned his lesson and does not return to jail. Waiting to welcome him home is his girlfriend, Christal, and son, Malique; building and maintaining their future in hopes that once home he will clean up his act. Christal soon finds out that running the streets is all Ahmed knows.

Hooking up with his old team, Ahmed finds out how easy it is to be back in the hood and his old connects are ready and waiting for his return. A Drug Dealer's Dream is filled with violence, murder, mayhem and, of course, an occasional snitch. Urban street-literature would not be the same without the baby-mama drama, chilling at the clubs and showing off your drug money and jewels. Mr. Johnson shows us that and much more with his vivid details and graphic descriptions. I would have sworn I knew some of these people. This story is downright gritty, grimy and crazy as you take a ride with Ahmed and his crew on the come up of a life time. Some people dream about it but they lived it to the fullest. Is it worth it to retire without a 401K plan in the hood, when you can make millions by selling drugs or stealing it from your competition? Can Christal make Ahmed see that there is only two ways out of the drug game, death or jail?

A Drug Dealer's Dream is a fast-paced, drama-filled book that will have you looking around corners and staying away from dark alleys on your way home. Power-packed and under one hundred and fifty pages I read this in one sitting and was amazed that Mr. Johnson could cram so much information in such a short book. I recommend A Drug Dealer's Dream to readers of street-lit and readers who are looking for fast action.

Reviewed by: Cheryl Hayes
APOOO BookClub
on March 29, 2013
This is a book that I think all young men should read. What you think is the life you want always come with consequences. This was a very good book and hope in pray that Malique don't follow in his father or grandfather foot steps
on November 4, 2012
This was the only one of Tremayn's books that I had not read. As expected....a Drug Dealers Dream was off the chain. Loved the characters Ahmed who as Beast and the rest of his guys. I can't wait for part 2 to see what happens to Black'a snake A$$.
on August 30, 2011
Hated it the author needs to go back to da table. I felt as if it was written for slow people all the he said she said, he did they did come on the story could'nt flow due to that style of writing I cant say if it was good or bad I cant get past he did, then she did I had to abandon reading this crap thank god it was inexpensive.
on September 6, 2012
This was the only book of Tre's that I hadn't read. This was a good read, I loved the characters and felt like it was a movie. For this to be his first novel, hands down he did the damn thing. This author has a great gift and is by far one of the great ones. Urban Lit is here to stay as long as we have great story tellers like Mr. Johnson....