Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2008 8:13:09 PM PST
Evenstar says:
Having watched "The Last Lecture" online, a friend and fellow animator sent me the link. Honestly, I was amazed. I never had the privilege of having Randy as a professor, but his story was sad, touching, funny, and inspirational. This man has led an amazing life, and if anyone ever saw fit to make a film about him, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2008 1:35:37 AM PDT
Well, Hyperion is owned by Walt Disney, so I am pretty sure they would get the rights for such a project (that may have been a part of the book deal). I guess we'll see!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2008 6:11:14 PM PDT
Stephen Cate says:
In USA Today, Randy says there will be no movie.

Though The Last Lecture may seem to have Hollywood written all over it, Pausch says there will be no movie. "There's a reason to do the book, but if it's telling the story of the lecture in the medium of film, we already have that," he says, referring to the video. "Besides, you lose control."

I had the privilege of hearing Randy speak three summers ago at a summer symposium for teachers of Advanced Placement Computer Science. He leaves behind a great body of work including the Alice programming environment.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2008 1:03:01 PM PDT
Dail Ray says:
yeah , the guy was great

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2008 3:29:45 PM PDT
David says:
Dail, the guy IS great!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2008 8:32:08 PM PDT
D. Meyers says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 3:29:42 PM PST
Won Hong Lo says:
Hey "D" - the next time someone in your family has a birthday, get a tank of hydrogen and about 150 balloons. Then fill em up while smoking.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last Lecture forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last Lecture
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (Hardcover - 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,307)