"Recommended for upper division undergraduates and above." (CHOICE
, February 2008)
From the Back Cover
Developed from the authors, combined total of 50 yearsundergraduate and graduate teaching experience, this book presentsthe finite element method formulated as a general-purpose numericalprocedure for solving engineering problems governed by partialdifferential equations.
Focusing on the formulation and application of the finiteelement method through the integration of finite element theory,code development, and software application, the book is bothintroductory and self-contained, as well as being a hands-onexperience for any student.
This authoritative text on Finite Elements:
- Adopts a generic approach to the subject, and is notapplication specific
- In conjunction with a web-based chapter, it integrates codedevelopment, theory, and application in one book
- Provides an accompanying Web site that includes ABAQUS StudentEdition, Matlab data and programs, and instructor resources
- Contains a comprehensive set of homework problems at the end ofeach chapter
- Produces a practical, meaningful course for both lecturers,planning a finite element module, and for students using the textin private study.
A First Course in Finite Elements is the ideal practicalintroductory course for junior and senior undergraduate studentsfrom a variety of science and engineering disciplines. Theaccompanying advanced topics at the end of each chapter also makeit suitable for courses at graduate level, as well as forpractitioners who need to attain or refresh their knowledge offinite elements through private study.