Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Heart for Jesus
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on November 28, 2004
I WAS LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR MY LITTLE SISTER. I FOUND

THIS CUTE STORY. IT EXPLAINS HOW ONE GIVES THERE HEART TO JESUS.

THE STORY OF SALVATION IS SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOUNG CHILDREN.

I LOVE THE PICTURES. I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE OF THE BOOK COVER.

AFTER READING THE STORY. I BOUGHT ANOTHER COPY TO GIVE TO MY COUSIN.
on July 5, 2004
I really like this book, it talks about christ helping mommy with a bad day, and christ helping kids when they are having a bad day.
I like the pretty colors, and the real flowers in the little girls hair. We had fun reading it.
on March 26, 2006
You can't go wrong with this book. It does a great job of explainign just what it means to "give your heart to Jesus". I helps children understand that Jesus is there for them im times of trouble. Well, that he's there for them all the time actually, good and bad. The children really love the story and want it read over and over and over...
on May 10, 2006
This was a very sweet book. I prayed that God would be with us before we read it. I explained some things to my son as we read the book and then asked him if he wanted to receive Jesus and he said yes and we prayed our own prayer. This is a great book to open up the conversation with your little one about what it means to receive Jesus.
on May 31, 2004
Did you ever try to explain to your child (or your friend!) what it means to "give your heart to Jesus"? This beautiful picture book shows children what it means in a lovely story about a mom who comes to know Jesus and wants her child and friends to understand the changes that have taken place in her life since Jesus filled her heart with His love. It is simple enough for a little child to understand. It will also move the heart of most adults a few steps closer to knowing the Savior.
on July 7, 2004
An important story told in a charming and simple way that kids can understand and adults would enjoy reading it to them. The illustrations are eye-catching and colorful: guaranteed to attract the attention of even the youngest reader.
on December 4, 2013
I bought this book for my daughter a long time ago. It's a wonderful story of wanting to give your heart to Jesus and softly explaining how you can do it through prayer. It's a great book both my daughters love it. It got ripped through the years so my 10 year old begged me to order a new one.
VINE VOICEon October 9, 2007
This book tackles a phrase of Christianity not everyone understands. What does it mean to give your heart to Jesus?

Her mother gave her heart to Jesus, but this inquisitive young girl can still hear it beating. Finally, the girl asks: "Mom, you still have a heart. Did you really give it to Jesus?" Her mother explains she didn't give the heart that beats in her chest; she gave her feelings and fears to Jesus. "Sometimes I felt sad inside. Or I felt afraid. I was trying to live and love others on my own strength. But I asked Jesus to give me His strength ... instead. Now it feels like I have a brand new heart that doesn't get tired of loving." The little girl wants to know more and so do her friends. How can they give Him those things if they can't see them. Mother tells them to pray to Jesus. "When you tell Him about things that concern you .. and you ask for His help ... it is like giving those things to Him to take care of." The book ends with a prayer of salvation.

What I Like: Most Christian books assume readers already know "Christianese". This book does a great job explaining an intangible concept on a child's level.

What I Dislike: The book makes it seem that if you give your heart to Jesus, you'll never encounter troubles; you'll never be sad or lonely again. One line says your new heart "never runs out of joy, courage, patience." In theory this is true, but parents may need to clarify the point to their children. If they have a bad day and feel sad or lonely, they may think Jesus has taken His heart back and they've lost their salvation.

Overall Rating: Very Good.

Tanya -- Christian Children's Book Review
on August 22, 2014
received the book in great condition and on time. I love this book the message is great but the illustration is very colorful and beautiful. Great book for younger children
on May 7, 2004
This is a beautiful book. I love the whimsical twist in the story.
The book is beautifully illustrated. I highly recommend this book. It is colorful, and easy to read.