ALICE is the first ever japanese CGI feature film and the first ever japanese production screen using DLP (digital light processing) projection, therefore a unique collectors opportunity. Cross generation appeal a terminator-style story adapted for people of all ages. Crossover attraction a movie suitable for young children as well as fans of anime. Detailed 30 minute interview with director, discussing both anime and the birth of CGI technology.
Biographies / filmographies
Final Fantasies a history of CGI animation by jonathan clements
Interview with kenichi maejima
Original japanese audio
New english dubbed version
Top Customer Reviews
Believe it or not, there's really not much more that can be said about this story and its production history that hasn't already been said about it in the "description."
Aside from the story itself, which is surprisingly engrossing enough considering the "gimmick" used to sell it, the 'philosophical themes' it explores are likewise intriguing -- exactly WHAT would you do if you were mysteriously jettisoned into the future and discovered that you may have actually been responsible (either directly or indirectly) for the creation of a monstrousity of a 'supercomputer' that arbitrarily decides who lives, who dies or where they are permitted to exist?
This is the dilemma facing young Alice, who first made history as the youngest person ever to travel through space -- or, rather, she WOULD have been, if it had not been for the TwilightZone-esque "detour" her shuttle was forced to make.
As a result of being violently pulled out of the world she knows into a new world totally unfamiliar to her, Alice is faced with a number of unsettling choices that only she can make -- and ANY choice she makes will have direct effect on and consequences for the future world where she now finds herself a visitor:
- Should she cooperate with those who want enlist her aid in destroying the computer and the human tyrant who controls it? Or should she not to get involved?
- Should she remain in the future with her new friends and help them through their struggles? Or should she try to find a way to return to "her own" time and leave them to fend for themselves?
- And even if she could find a way back home, what should she do with the knowledge now granted her? -- Should she then draw upon her vision of her future in an attempt to change history's outcome?Read more ›
Beside the story there is an interesting special feature about the history of cgi anime films. You will love it.
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action