4.0 out of 5 stars A book for those suffering with addiction. This is his story. I am recommending this book to the addicts that I know., February 12, 2013
This review is from: A Moral Disease (Kindle Edition)
This is his story. I am recommending this book to the addicts that I know. I was a little disappointed in the title. I prefer the definition that addiction is just a "disease" instead of a "Moral Disease". This is a wonderful story of what God can do in your life. It is consistently related to scripture and I have received hope for the addicts in my own family. A very good read for those suffering or in some type of relationship with someone suffering from addiction in any form.

5.0 out of 5 stars A moral Disease, August 31, 2012
This review is from: A Moral Disease (Paperback)
This book is written from the heart of a man who has walked out of the destruction of addictions. His insights are helpful to the addict as well as the addict's family. As I have read this book I feel more informed as to how I can relate to my own son as we walk through his recovery. This is like no other book on the subject that I have ever read and I have read a lot. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling with addictions or loves someone who is. It is written in such a way that you can read it in segments. I love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and Provides Hope, August 13, 2012
This review is from: A Moral Disease (Paperback)
First let me say that I'm not a verified amazon purchaser on this book since I bought the book from Mr. Jones himself. In this book he very unselfishly opens himself up in a way very few people could and in so doing, he provides hope and inspiration to those who are in despair for various reasons. You don't have to be addicted to drugs for this book to provide you the inspiration you need as he provides the Road Map for all complete with scriptures that will guide you, regardless of the problems you are facing. Every person at some time in their life faces a crisis and how you deal with it determines how successful you will be. I highly recommend this book. I use it as myself as inpiration and scripture reference. If Delno can go through what he has gone through and come out into the light and be the person that I know he is, it reminds me that I should turn my problems over to the same God as he will guide me too. Thank you Delno for the courage I know it took to share your story. I hope it provides others with the inspiration that it did for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A real gut check for addicts (and everyday people), March 15, 2012
This review is from: A Moral Disease (Hardcover)
Cochran, Georgia hair-dresser, Delno Jones, is 52 and for more than 32 years of his life, he has battled a drug addiction that could have taken his life, could have destroyed his life completely, and almost wrecked his family, but instead, it made him a stronger individual with a passion for sharing and teaching others.

He writes in his book, A Moral Disease, some details of his own personal journey, but intertwines each chapter- titled for a specific emotion or behavior that addicts (and all people really) go through - with numerous applicable life lessons.

The over 250 page book is full of Jones' passion and sheds light for the addict and non-addict what is the driving force behind the choices the addicts make as they feed their disease with more and more drugs, alcohol and destructive behaviors.

Jones' delivery is personal and reliable, somewhat, heart-wrenching as you cheer him and others who are drug addicts or alcoholics through their journey to recovery. For more on Delno's book read [...]

A Moral Disease
A Moral Disease by Delno Jones (Hardcover - February 29, 2012)
$35.95 $30.42