4.0 out of 5 stars Some great recipes, but some disappointments
Some wonderful, innovative and challenging recipes. Problems: who needs a recipe for a milkshake? And a real lack of pictures of the dishes. I don't need a picture of a whisk, but I sure could use one of the finished dessert!
Published on December 17, 2005 by Cookbook Gal

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on April 22, 2006 by Eunice E. Moyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great recipes, but some disappointments, December 17, 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars A Passion For Desserts, November 3, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
Passion for Desserts is a great new cookbook for dessert lovers. The receipts are a refreshing change from the same old receipts you see in most dessert cookbooks. I really like the way it is laid out by season. It is a quick way to find desserts that match ingredients available for the season we are in and the menus I plan for those seasons. I have to say there are a few receipts that would be great in any season.
I am an average cook (not all the creative) and a busy mom working outside the home. I like to entertain occasionally and when I do to prepare home cooked meals and desserts. I prefer receipts that are easy to follow and turn out like the descriptions and pictures. I also prefer things that don't take a half a day to put together as I don't have that kind of time. I would say the receipts in this book are easy to prepare and are not to time consuming. The results are always impressive and delicious.
I HIGHLY RECOMMED A PASSION FOR DESSERTS EVEN FOR THE AMATURE COOK SUCH AS ME!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice, March 8, 2004
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
This is my favorite dessert cookbook. I've never been disappointed by a recipe (that's quite a feat), and her instructions are remarkably accurate and clear: it always turns out just like she says. I especially recommend the Citrus Cake (if you have three hours to make it!) or the Chocolate Mousse Cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Passion for Desserts, November 2, 2003
Patrick (Larkspur, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
We love this book! The recipes are easy to follow and they taste delicious. We have impressed our friends at weekly church meetings with our newly found, amazing, baking abilities. We have turned them all on to this cookbook.
The recipes are much more interesting than your typical everyday desserts and easy to make. Some of our favorites are berry creme fraiche cake and pumpkin upside-down cake.
The last thing we thought we needed was another cookbook but we couldn't pass this one up because we loved the beautiful pictures. Now it's our favorite dessert cookbook and we pull it off the shelf first.
With the holidays coming it is going to make a wonderful gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 22, 2006
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
I am a CCA student in San Francisco. I needed a dessert for my Plated Desserts class so tried the citrus cake, recommended by another reviewer. It took the better part of a Saturday to make. The crumb of the cake was very coarse and the glaze was thick and would in no way pour, even after I added double the amounts of the liquids specified. It left a distinct powdery, almost dirty, taste in my mouth. I did not use this cake in class. Our class desserts are served in the Bistro restaurant on the 1st floor school's south campus. Additionally I was intrigued by the cookies pictured on the back of the dust jacket. It appears that the recipe for those cookies is not in this book. There were not enough pictures in this book either. At this point, I am reluctant to try another recipe and would not recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Dessert Cookbook, November 3, 2003
David S Cleveland (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
If I could only own one cookbook for desserts, this would be the one. Ms Luchetti has provided simple, easy and delicious recipies. I made two desserts (Apple Caramel Bread Pudding and Black Forest Brownies) in just the last week, both to rave reviews. This is my first introduction to Emily's cookbooks. I am trying desperately to find the first two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to your desert library, December 18, 2006
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
I love this cook book because it has simple instructions. It also lets you know when you can prepare certian tasks beforehand in case you are in a time crunch. It is, also, seasonal so that you know that the ingredients you are using are the very best. Most importantly everything I have ever made has been a great success when served to family and friends for the first time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, April 13, 2011
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
Lots of delicious recipes. I love how they are divided into seasons. Every recipe i've tried has been a success.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Passion For Desserts, February 25, 2010
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
These are good recipes that come out like they're supposed to. And there's a good variety of stuff in here too.

2.0 out of 5 stars least favorite Luchetti cookbook, February 3, 2011
Catre (Richmond CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Passion for Desserts (Hardcover)
Her other cookbooks are better,[ I love her Stars cookbooks!]. This was a little disappointing. Her choice of recipes wasn't as interesting, and the selection was small.

A Passion for Desserts
A Passion for Desserts by Emily Luchetti (Hardcover - Oct. 2003)
Used & New from: $0.01