4.0 out of 5 stars Love it. I highly recommend it
it is specific, precise, direct to the important points about what we need to know of Argentine tango History and development
Published 5 months ago by Jose Espinoza

2.0 out of 5 stars The author just didn't care enough
The frustrating thing about this book is I could have loved it if only the author had bothered to copy edit it. The typos, grammatical errors and segues were so distracting that the enjoyment of reading the bok disappeared.

Published 3 months ago by Deborah Green

2.0 out of 5 stars The author just didn't care enough, April 23, 2014
Deborah Green (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango (Paperback)

It's obvious that the author did a lot of research but the facts were strung together in a very discordant fashion, hence my low rating. I sincerely hope that Mr. Levant goes back to this book, edits it properly and then re-issues it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it. I highly recommend it, January 28, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Small size but packed with information, May 13, 2013
Heather (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango (Paperback)
There are a few typesetting mistakes not caught by the editors, but overall an informative read. I'm currently researching tango, and Dr. Levant's delivery is factually heavy without being dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pickpocketers, May 18, 2011
Tomas Howlin - Tango Clasico - Tango Clasico Home
(...)

From Tomas Howlin

Sent: May 11, 2011 3:46:38AM

To Victor Levant

When I was a child stores sold this boxed games called "pocketers", they were these compact miraculous containers that by shifting them around or shaking them just the right way one could get a wealth of fun and excitement. Soon they became very addictive and I couldn't wait to have them all.

This is very much how I feel about your book. I am extremely proud of the seriousness and dedication you have put into bringing about this collection. It is a recollection of history, documented stories, translated poetry, and citations. A very useful handbook for the tango aficionado.

To me, it reads like a compilation, a selection of events and passages captured from many sources you probably researched thoroughly for years.

I like how you structured and unveiled the sections and that you included appendices.

The long journey paid off.

El largo viaje dio sus frutos.

Tomas Howlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango (Paperback)
I was very pleased with my purchase of A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango. It arrived quite quickly, and I bought it new, so it was in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great things come in Small packages, August 31, 2011
This review is from: A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango (Paperback)
This book is simply awesome. Wonderful, concise info on the beginnings and history of the Argentine Tango up to present day. A "must-have" for all Tangueros!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine Piece of Craftsmanship, May 25, 2011
This review is from: A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango (Paperback)
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about!

A fine piece of craftsmanship.

Bravo!

A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango
A Pickpocket's History of Argentine Tango by Victor Levant (Paperback - January 18, 2011)
$14.15 $12.74