Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

60%
40%

on June 13, 2011
rhondamcknight

Tamera and Leon are a couple who want to make improvements in their lives and in the life of their Phoenix, Arizona community. One project ongoing is the Micah center. In the bank there is $180,000 for their future endeavors. Sadly, in one unpredictable moment Tamera's life changes drastically. Tamera learns she has been the target of a Sweetheart scam. This theft makes Tamera very angry. She tries to remember vengeance belongs to the LORD. However, that's not easy to recall. Instead she thinks about revenge.

Using her good sense, she quickly hires a detective named Powers. He is very helpful. Since he has been a detective for years, he is a tad ahead of Tamera in how to get her money back from her targets without finding herself behind bars for the rest of her life. For example Detective Powers tells Tamera, "a gun is not the place to find confidence."

I have to say this Christian fiction novel "A Piece of Revenge" is not wimpy pamby. It's a full blooded drama going on here. It's the kind of novel I didn't want to end. I really liked Tamera. Self pity wasn't the name of her game. I thought about it. Self pity would have paralyzed her. Oddly, that righteous indignation started the process of getting her house in order again. I also liked the name of Leon's girl friend. Her name is Delilah. If you know the story of Samson and Delilah, you will catch the symbolism immediately. This Delilah had all Leon's hair under her pretty little thumb. She didn't care about him. She liked the stolen cash.

I also thought about gun control. It's so easy for the wrong people to get guns. No wonder our society is so violent. Tamera mentions the ease with which she entered the big chain store and picked up ammunition and a gun. No wonder there are so many crimes of passion on the news at night. RHONDA MCKNIGHT'S novella is hot and passionate. It made me think about trust too. I know Tamera didn't shake in her trust for the LORD. Perhaps, that's why even when she was most emotional I knew she would make the right decisions. Rhonda Mcknight I must say has a way with words too. I had to laugh when she said she wasn't going to just shoot off a "pinky." She was "going to kill the bozo." Ms. Mcknight's dialogue is grand. I felt like my best friend was telling me what a dirty dude had done to her. Yes, it's a wonderful novella.
on March 31, 2011
A piece of revenge is the story of Tamera Watson, a woman who gets taken for everything she has by her husband, who turns out to be a long time con-artist. To make matters worse, she is about to start a new initiative and the seed money has disappeared with her husband also. But Tamera is not about to take it all lying down, and when a collaboration with a sexy Private Investigator reveals the whereabouts of her no good husband Tamera buys a gun and decides to take matters into her own hands.

Rhonda McKnight tells a good story about a woman in the midst of a crises. It's full of the anger and insecurities of a woman tricked, and the antics of Tamera, her no good husband and the other characters involved bring just enough humor to keep you smiling throughout. Although the attraction between Tamera and her P.I. seems a bit quick I can understand that this is because of the length of the story itself.

Readers should note that this is not a full length novel - it is actually one story from an anthology. I finished it in a couple hours but since I read full novels in a day, don't be put off by the supposed short length. Overall a good read and confirmation that McKnight is an author I continue to enjoy. A Piece of Revenge is more than worth the $2.99 so don't even bother hesitating.
on June 22, 2011
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.....loved it, wanted more, I know it's a short story but I still wanted more! Available on for your Nook or Kindle. Definitely an author to follow....Keep them coming Rhonda McKnight!!! FPressley
on April 4, 2011
I have to say I really enjoyed this novella. This is my first time reading this author, and she impressed me. It was short, but full of depth. From the beginning the book just intrigued me and I couldn't stop until I reached the last page. One of the last scenes in the hotel room is pretty hilarious, you'll know what I mean when you get to it. I certainly wouldn't mind a follow up to see what happens with Tamera and Powers, they really made a dynamic duo at the end.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2012
At first, I was unaware that it was a short story. I wanted to read more!!! I was sad that a good story, with great characters had to come to an end so quickly.