5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Book Filled with Big Messages, April 12, 2006
Susan "Susan" (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Practical Guide to Prosperous Living (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have ever read on how to really get to know your true self. It lives up to its title of being a "practical guide" by explaining why you never really solve your problems by looking outside yourself for the solutions, while at the same time providing you with specific instructions on how to put the principles described in the book into action. It is a small book that is well written and yet so packed with information that I found it best to read it in small sections and to really let each chapter sink in before continuing on with the next.

If you have a nagging sense that you are not really living the life that you were meant to live, I think this book could really help you get to where you really want to be in your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Inspirational, December 11, 2010
A Practical Guide to Prosperous Living is about being true to the real you. It's about finding out who you are completely, which will give you a better life. J Douglas Bottorf explains how people hide who they are when in certain situations and until you learn to be true to whom you are you will not be very happy with what you have. Bottorf also helps you to understand your goals and how to make them work for you and what you want them to be. Like the saying goes" no two people are exactly the same," so why try being like your friends?

A Practical Guide to Prosperous Living helped me to understand that although I may be happy with what I have, I am not truly happy with. I know that I want more for my life and that of my daughters, but until I know exactly who I am and what I want in life I will never be as happy as I could be. Bottorf talks about how people who experience life or death situations also experience the feeling of true happiness. They experience the real them for just a little while before they come back. I think that we should all be able to feel like, except without the near death experience.

In my opinion this book by J Douglas Bottorf is very helpful in finding out how to be true to who you really are. There are many different exercises that will help to achieve that goal. Bottorf's book is also an inspiration to make me want to find my inner happiness and joy and bring it to the real world. By doing so, I believe that it would also improve how one lives their life.

I think that everyone should read A Practical Guide to Prosperous Living. I think that it would be very helpful for everyone that wants to be as happy as they can be. No one disserves to be unhappy, even if they think that they are happy, they probably are not. So I recommend that everyone go out and find A Practical Guide to Prosperous Living.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Underlines in My Book to Discuss!, February 19, 2010
Karen R. Carter (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Not only do I think this is a practical book for anyone looking to figure out how to bridge the gap between their financial dreams and reality, it is a great resource for writers like myself --- especially because it is such an easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you satisfied with how the ”Law of Attraction” is working for you?, November 19, 2014
Are you having trouble "manifesting" the things you want? Are you having trouble keeping your New Year’s resolutions? There is a very good reason for it. The author covers a very important aspect of creating your life, with intention, that is normally not addressed by today's Prosperity "gurus".

5.0 out of 5 stars Prosperity is Yours to Keep, April 29, 2012
A Practical Guide to Prosperous Living by J. Douglas Bottorff © 2009
(REVISED AND EXPANDED)

When ReviewTheBook dot come offered me this wonderful book to review, I knew I was missing something concerning my own life and my own beliefs about prosperity. Bottorff's book helped me to organize my life in a way to balance my wrong beliefs about prosperity to better utilize his tools for my future benefit. This book will do the same for you.

J. Douglas Bottorff's book will give you the tools, guidelines and the practical information you need to understand the principles of prosperity and how to put them to work in your own life. If you want to open new doors of prosperity and deepen your spiritual life, this is one book you will want to read.

The author's goal with his book is to awaken to your true potential as a prosperous person in a real world of confusion. He will show you the way to evolve your prosperity from the inside out, to touch your inmost truth and to live your life the way it's intended to be. To better understand how to do this Bottorff's book clearly defines three modes of consciousness that we see expressed thought-out the human family. These are basic survival, creative survival and artistic expression. Without spoiling this book you must read it in order to fully understand that prosperity is for everyone who wishes to pursue their dreams and learn from others. They say that when the student is ready the teacher will appear, and J. Douglas Bottorff is the teacher we all need in our lives in the 21st century.