Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Sammy Klaus Christmas
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 20, 2012
It's a little lame. About half of it is decent. Glad I had a gift card to use on it,
on November 5, 2012
Actually this is a pretty darned good Christmas CD! If you like traditional, non-overly-studio-"slickened" REAL music, done Sammy Kershaw-country style, with a kick of Cajun thrown in here and there, then you'll definitely enjoy this 2012 Sammy Kershaw Christmas release! And I don't say that just because I PLAYED on the thing (which I did! ..piano. See "Sammy Kershaw" entry on wikipedia. Sammy used his own band for this CD, versus "studio guys"). Rather, I say you'll enjoy this CD because it actually IS good! Sammy starts with a recitation of "T'was the Night Before Christmas", and the CD ends with the Cajun version of the recitation, done authentically as only a true Cajun can deliver! In between the two are nestled lots of good ol Christmas favorites, tastefully done in what FEELS much more like "genuine" Christmas than many of todays overly produced releases (guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist.. but I'm also a musician, who grew up hearing his uncles "pickin" guitars and banjos out on the farm.. so I appreciate REAL country MUSIC, versus what happens with most studio/protools/computer generated country genre Christmas productions these days). This recording won't disappoint! A particular favorite, including with most of the guys who played on the CD, is the cover of the Ray Charles recording of "That Spirit Of Christmas" (#4 on the CD). Sammy voice shines, with soulful inflections revealing his diverse musical influences. In fact, the whole CD shines, and will fill you with the "Spirit of Christmas" :) So go ahead, give yourself or others the gift of genuine Christmas music.. Sammy and the guys deliver here! (btw, thanks to Carol Kizer for the use of her Christmas music book, that I used to help in making the music charts used in the studio for most of these songs! So in a way, you're on here too, Carol!) Hope to see ya'll at a concert out there on the road somewhere near you! Come hollar "hey"! Merry Christmas to all.. no matter what time of year it is! And know that HE, Jesus, is the REASON for the Season! Oh how He is! ...EVERY season of Life... My heart longs to know Him, more and more! All Glory to Jesus, Yeshua, Creator and Redeemer! Maranatha! John 3:16-21 ---Steve F.
on November 24, 2012
I have been a Sammy fan for 20+ years, LOVE him! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without him! Now I have TWO wonderful Christmas albums to listen to!
on March 16, 2013
My wife is a big country music fan. Me, not so much. So I bought this for her and then it sort of grew on me. Fun, twangy, toe tapping. Fiddles, guitars, banjos, dobros, hum along versions of well known Christmas songs.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
It was just okay. Probably won't play it that much during the holiday seasons. I had a Sammy Kershaw Christmas CD already and this one wasn't any different. Some artists put out more than one Christmas CD and they are totally different, but not this one.
on January 20, 2013
A Sammy Klaus Christmas: It was awful, uninteresting, and boring. I did not find one redeeming quality. My daughter thought I had lost my good mind for buying it.
on February 10, 2013
Nice addition to the Christmas Music Collection (Which is more than adequate) already. Really enjoyed the reading of the Cajun Christmas
on February 6, 2013
Very unique with a lot of humor. A different Christmas Album but well done. Would highly recommend it. Great music.
on January 14, 2016
It's okay, just not as good as his first one. Our favorite song is "Christmas times a coming". Love Sammy
on January 15, 2013
Love me some Sammy Kershaw! This is not my favorite but I really wanted it because I just love Sammy!