Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$3.99

on March 16, 2012
5 Stars!! (11, 12, 13)

I was first introduced to Charity Parkerson's novels when I went hunting in February 2012 for unread Werewolf & Shapeshifter books, for a group challenge on that enormously creative site, Goodreads. I found Ms. Parkerson's "Society of Sinners," and I was floored! If I could have awarded 12 or 13 stars instead of 5, I would have. So I'm enormously pleased to have he r request a review of "A Secure Heart."

That subtle humour that makes me chuckle at the same time I'm smiling over the characters; those delicate brush strokes painting in the protagonists and the secondaries; that homespun wisdom (feeling beautiful improves one's perspective and beams through her or his life); all this clues me as to what special author I'm reading.

Maybe it's not etiquette to laugh out loud at a romance-but I can't help myself. Charity is hilarious! Also touching, heartwarming, special, enjoyable, and A DON'T MISS EVER AUTHOR!

"A Secure Heart" (yes, the title does have resonance in each of the four stories, Gentle Reader) is woven from four divergent but linked stories. Each one is a gem-but if I had to choose a personal favourite, it would be the first and the fourth, which really tugged my own heartstrings. <very big grin> If you enjoy your romance well-plotted, well-characterised, steamy but heart-entangling; if you love good writing, a sense of humour, an author who knows her stuff and knows her readers, RUN, DO NOT STEP, DO NOT WALK, DO NOT WAIT to your nearest available book outlet and GRAB THIS BOOK (and if you haven't already, get her "Society of Sinners" series too). Face it, Gentle Readers: Charity Parkerson rocks!

A Secure Heart
on March 14, 2014
Welcome to the world of Smith Security Services. Each member is family worthy of love even if they are unable to believe it for themselves.

Flowers

Flower Calloway is on her way up in the fashion world thanks to the man who has been by her side since they met as awkward children. She hopes to find love, but when it comes, it is not quite packaged in the expected wrappings.

Bradley lives a life of secrets and is tired of the lies. He is ready to come out, but he is unsure if Flower will still be there for him when the truth is revealed

Flower is confused by the emotions two very different men create in her heart. One she barely met and the other she has loved forever. When the truth is revealed, all of their lives will be forever changed. Are they ready for the revelation?

The ending of Flower is shocking and beautiful. Flowers gives the reader hope that true love will prevail no matter how long it might take. Flowers gives a wonderful preview of the wonderful man Shannon.

Chocolate

Genie is an FBI agent and the job has become her life. Her partners are the men in her life, even if they are not her men. She is blindsided by one man who steps in to ease her pain and then stays to save her heart.

Shannon is a carefree ladies man who is ran over by the steamroller named Genie. Always the bachelor, his love for Genie sneaks up and grabs old before he realizes with their very first kiss.

Genie goes home with one, but finds, in the end, she has given her heart to another. The path to love for Genie hit a dead end until the right man stepped out of the darkness and into her life.

I absolutely love Shannon’s story. He was trying to be the good guy once again, but while he wasn’t looking, love snuck up and caught him unaware. The ending is a complete surprise, but Genie’s brother Jacob is a walking advertisement for a human jungle gym and Weave will break the reader’s heart.

Wishes

Jacob is a man to fear as he has killed before and chances are high he will do it again. One operation gone badly leads him to the one woman destined to change his live.

Gracie is an artist and orphan who has spent her life alone. Witness to the one person she loved in the world dying, she is unprepared for the changes her life is about to undergo.

Jacob saves Gracie's life, but if you were to ask him, the opposite would be true. When the job pulls him away, all Jacob works towards is getting back to his lady. Gracie gives up on waiting and starts her life anew, but with one reminder of the man she loves.

Jacob is a big bear of a man no woman could resist. Gracie is such a soft soul, but she does not stay that way. Wishes is a beautiful love story with the perfect ending, and Jacob is the cherry on the top when the tough guy begins talking to his unborn child.

Sparks

Bob and Weave are twins, but they are nothing alike and the outside appearances are deceptive, to say the least. It will take special ladies to pick these two men up and set them on the path to happiness.

Lily and Kera are the strong women who are selected for the job. The ladies will need to stay strong and hang on to find an everlasting future with the twin of their choice.

It is time for some happiness for the twins, but to find happiness, they will have to face the past and come away stronger. Lily and Kera will have the fight of their lives, but if they hang on, they will find a love of a lifetime.

The story of Bob and Weave is heartbreaking. The two women who choose them are strong women determined to get their man.

A Secure Heart is built around the members of Smith Security and the love stories for each member is something altogether unexpected. The twists Charity Parkerson puts into her love stories make them unique and all the more real. The words emotional rollercoaster are the best words to describe the lives unfolded in the pages of this outstanding book. Every page incited some strong emotion, which, at times, makes the reader weep for the pain, laugh out loud at the insanity, and smile with joy. A Secure Heart is a beautiful symphony of love stories to warm the most hardened heart and provide the hope of love.

Delane
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More
22 comments15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
I did not read the blurb before starting this book, so was surprised when I hit a HEA only ¼ of the way through, but once I caught on to the interwoven quartet of stories, I was hooked. Author Charity Parkerson, manages to blind side you in each of the tales, with the revelation of secret after secret. Just when you think you know where a story is going, it veers off in a totally different direction.

I laughed, I cried & I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It is a hard call, which of the 4 stories was my favorite, but I'm leaning heavily towards "Sparks" just because the twins Bob & Weave had to work so hard to reach their happily ever afters.
on December 4, 2011
This is the second of Charity's books I have read. They seem like simple romance stories, then as you read on you are enraptured in the stories of men and women who find their true love thru dangerous and unhappy circumstances. I like the way this is seperated into seperate but connected stories. You really get a in depth look at each of these peoples lives and how past and present experiences change and affect their way of thinking about and relating to other people. The subtle connection gives you the feeling that all of the characters are of the same family or should be. A very very enjoyable read.
on December 26, 2011
As always, I am positively entertained and inspired by Charity Parkerson's books. It never fails for me to feel like I am returning home to old friends as well as meeting new ones with every novel she writes. Thrilling is not word enough to describe her amazing talent, and I recommend her, not only as a friend, but also as an up and coming indie author who is destined to be considered one of the best.
on September 14, 2011
Charity Parkerson author of A Secure Heart did a wonderful job getting her audience to relate to each and every character in her novel. Parkerson was able to combine love, death, suspense and yes lust into the mix. No time to get bored with this book, no grass will grow under your feet while reading this novel. She brought us into the lives of couples who had known each other their entire lives before falling in love, and couples who experienced love at first sight. There is a touch of psychic ability, but not so much that it is hard to believe. We felt the pain as friends and family struggle to hold onto the bonds they once shared. I look forward to reading her newest novel Wicked Sinners which I am told releases in November.
on November 9, 2011
I won this book through LibraryThing in exchange for a review - so here it is.

Let's get the only negative out of the way first. The author would benefit from a good editor. There were times when I had to stop, and reread sections to really understand what was happening. Fortunately the lack of great editing did not really hurt the story.

This book was a bit of a love story but in an interesting way. I enjoyed the way in which the author took a set of characters and created four consecutive stories. She was able to keep the stories interesting by her choice of story lines. Even though this book is essentially a adult romance, I found it to be well written with good characters. I found myself cheering for the characters even though they were not all "good" people.

I may be in the minority but I thought this book to be about how people come off as mean, arrogant, callous, etc. to some people yet they come off exactly the opposite to others. Basically, everyone has good within them if the right person comes along to bring that person to the surface.
on July 6, 2012
Ms. Parkerson blending of four interwoven stories put me in mind of Dee Henderson's O'Malley Chronicles. The major difference being that Ms. Parkerson's characters have steamy sex and not necessarily inside the boundaries of marriage, either. The first such scene almost gave me heart flutters.

However, like Ms. Henderson's work, Ms. Parkerson has both strong female and male lead characters. At first glance, these characters seem to be superficial and stereotypical. Reading further, you discover the characters are like artichokes. You peel off the tough layers, you discover their hearts.

The stories also have intrigue side to them. Once you think you've figured out what's going to happen next, look out.

As I work through my ever growing list of Kindle books, I think I'll look forward to Ms. Parkerson's other books. I just hope my heart can take the palpitations.

The O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1 (Three novels in one volume: The Negotiator / The Guardian / The Truth Seeker)

O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 2 (O'Malley Series)
on August 8, 2012
Charity Parkerson is a highly respected writer of whom's work I have only read " Of Ghost and Dreams" I wanted to see if the books she writes include suspence and thriller genres to be the main plot. I was so glad I checked. Charity's subtle way of enveloping erotic scenes into a suspence thriller it will blow your mind. "A Secure Heart" Is a book that has everything you could want. Romance, Suspence, Hilarious suspence. The characters could walk off the page. It is very classy how she goes about getting her scenes acorss to the reader.

If you are like me , you will reasearch to see who I am. Well I'll save you some research, you will see I spotlighted one of her books "The Danger with Sinners" on my blog. I clearly state I had not read it yet. I chose "A Secure Heart" as the book for me to read as I advertised that I had not read "The Danger with Sinners" :) Please check out my previous review on "Of Ghost and Dreams".

I am looking forward to reading many more of her books. Great job Charity!
on December 3, 2011
This is an awesome book. all the stories were wonderfully linked together, this was not your usual romance novel. I loved the different aspects of love,passion and conflict delivered in this book. Flower was one of my favorite characters. Charity has done it again. I have also read The Society of Sinners it was also wonderful.