5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK TODAY! KEEP IT FOREVER!
Published on October 4, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Beatitudes are just platitudes, depending on the attitudes
Published on June 4, 2002 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK TODAY! KEEP IT FOREVER!, October 4, 2000
This review is from: A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback (Paperback)
The 170,000 members of Toastmasters International recently named Willie Jolley the top motivational/inspirational speaker for 1999 and one of the top 5 top speakers in the world! Now, without a doubt, I know WHY. This book is one of the most inspiring books I have ever read. Anyone who has ever faced disappointments or been discouraged by setbacks will be inspired to "keep on keeping on," after they read "A Setback is a Setup for a Comeback." I bought this book in paperback, but I'm also going to buy it in hardcover so that I can pass it on to my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book moved me when I thought I couldn't be moved, October 16, 1999
By A Customer
I have had the pleasure of hearing Willie Jolley speak live. He is so dynamic that I thought it was very unlikely to convey that poower within the confines of written words. However, Willie's energy jumps of the pages and grabs you. You have to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop talking about it, and be about it and do what you gotta do!, August 14, 2000
This review is from: A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback (Paperback)
If you are ever stuck in Life from a setback, this book is for you. What makes it special? It's packed full of quotes and thought-provoking stories that will stay in your mind long before you finish the book! My personal self-esteem has gone up, and the way he wrote the book makes you feel like he's talking to you and only you. You feel like you are having a conversation with him in person. My concentration span is very bad but this book was so funny and enlightening that I didn't want to put it down. I take it with me to read on the bus, between my breaks at work and before my classes. What I like best is that he makes you feel like you can do anything. It gives hope and encouragement to help you get over anything you've dealt with in the past or any changes you are dealing with now. This will be a winner with teens, and adults and it's principles can inspire even little kids. I'd recommend this one to anyone who wants to have the courage to change their lives for the better. How long does it take to see results? One minute. Everyone can spare one minute. Remember, when you do something positive for yourself, you are really INVESTING in yourself. This book will certainly be a huge investment to be read and enjoyed again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouragement from Within, December 15, 1999
I saw Mr. Jolley on Chicagoing several weeks ago talking about his book and decided to invest. I am glad I did. A constant theme throughout the book was "you can do it." The author emphasizes that you will have problems but with determination you can over come anything. It's like having a little angel sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear, YOU CAN DO IT, just keep going and never give up. I found it helpful for me as I am moving to a new stage in my professional life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a handbook for success. Get yours now., September 23, 1999
By A Customer
If I had paid 10 times the price I would still be stealing this book. MOTIVATION, INSPRIRATION, DESIRE, SPRITUAL GROWTH are the feelings that I had after reading this book. It caused meto look at my problems not as anchors dragging me down toward an abyss of failure and dispair, but rather a trampoline catapulting me to a previously unattainend level of success. The more challenging the situation, the larger the trampoline. I will offer one analogy. The transformation of a piece of coal to diamond is a process in which that coal is subjected to thousands of pounds of pressure and immese heat, for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, before eventually becomming a diamond. Typically larger diamonds are formed from larger pieces of coal. Think of your problems like those pieces of coal with the advantage that you won't have to wait nearly as long for your diamond. This book will show you how.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book hits the mark! It exudes positivity!, October 11, 1999
By A Customer
In his follow up to his bestselling book "It Only Takes A Minute To Change Your Life", author and inspirational speaker Willie Jolley hits the mark! With sound suggestions for personal growth, his book exudes positivity. He reveals not only his own painful personal setbacks but presents examples of the trials experienced by the likes of Tina Turner, John Tavolta and Lee Iacocca on their paths to success. Drawing inspirtional quotes from such diverse sources as Tennyson, Les Brown, Plutarch and the Bible, he cements his appeal to a wide range of readers!"

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is very inspirational, September 25, 1999
By A Customer
This book is an inspiration. I haven't finished, but I am almost done. The only thing I don't like is the fact that in the begining of the book, Jolley keeps repeating himself like he has lost his train of thought. But that's just my opinion. Someone else may say that he just broke it down (the setback for a comeback explanation) and kept breaking it down so that any reader would be able to understand it. Therefore the book is for everyone. But I am enjoying it and it puts lifes drama days, weeks, months and years, into perspective.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beatitudes are just platitudes, depending on the attitudes, June 4, 2002
This review is from: A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read by Willie Jolley and it will be the last. If "A Setback is a Setup for a Comeback" didn't repeat passages and themes from his previous book, it would be 40% smaller. If you take away the stories from other motivational & self-help authors that Jolley repeats in this book, take away another 30%. And if you take away every time he mentions the title in the book (repeated almost as a mantra), take away another 5%.
Cliches abound. Like my title for this review tries to convey, you just start shaking your head after reading a certain amountt and wonder if Jolley can write a page without a cliche or "snappy" saying.
To be fair, I did take some good things away from the book. And if he happens to highlight an approach to a life turnaround for you, then it's worth every penny.
So it gets 3 stars. Some good advice for me, but almost to the point of putting the book down for the reasons above.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!, March 28, 2000
I met Mr. Jolley about 5 years ago at a Conference. I introduce myself to Mr. Jolley. Since, I met him, I learn alot from Mr Jolley... I' am a successful Entrepreneur, because of the tips, from his books.. Mr. Jolley is a great speaker and singer...Get his books,videos, etc...Believe Me It worth It!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivation in an easy to use package!, May 1, 2011
This review is from: A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback (Paperback)
I first came across this book in the public library, and read it, because I experienced numerous personal setbacks. I found the book an easy, yet highly motivating read, which gave me simple tools to reexamine my faith, my goals and my confidence level, and why I am feeling the way I did. I am happy to say, I've experienced personal and professional comebacks, and this book was a tool for getting there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback
A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback by Willie Jolley (Paperback - September 9, 2000)
$15.99 $13.15