Blue Gender 1 Season 2000
Amazon Instant Video
1. One Day Humankind has been replaced as the dominant species on Earth by a race of monstrous insect-like creatures known as the Blue. Sleeper Yuji Kaido finds himself thrust into this nightmarish world, suddenly awakened after 22 years in suspended animation.
2. Cry Yuji learns the horrible truth about the Blue. Marlene and the Sleeper Recovery Team have been given orders to get Yuji to space station Second Earth alive.
3. Trial Yuji pleads to be trained as part of the team. Armed with new skills and a newfound confidence in his ability to survive, Yuji is ready for action.
4. Agony Yuji disobeys Marlene's orders by saving a little girl's life, and discovers a group of survivors hidden among the ruins of the city. Yuji makes a promise to the little girl, Yung, that he will protect her from the Blue.
5. Priority The surviving members of the Sleeper Recovery Team must enter an abandoned communications tower that is now a Blue nest in a desperate attempt to contact Second Earth.
6. Relation Marlene and Yuji now travel on foot towards Baikonur Space Base. The tensions between the two come to a head, as Yuji confronts the demons that now haunt him in this nightmarish new world.
7. Sympathy Still en route to Baikonur, Marlene and Yuji cross paths with a rough-mannered stranger named Dice. With the Blue lurking dangerously close, he offers them shelter for the night.
8. Oasis Yuji is separated from Marlene and Dice amidst the confusion of a sandstorm. He is rescued from the desert by a band of nomads, and is befriended by Elena, a young nomad girl.
9. Confirm Marlene and Dice are reunited with Yuji outside the nomad camp. Marlene presses Yuji to continue the journey to Second Earth, but Yuji refuses.
10. Tactics Marlene and Yuji arrive at Baikonur, only to find the space base in a state of chaos. The facility is crawling with Blue, and the computer defense systems have turned on their human counterparts.
11. Go Mad The lives of the remaining recovery squad members are thrown into jeopardy when a renegade officer attempts to hijack the shuttle and escape on his own.
12. Progress Yuji is rushed to intensive care after being attacked by a Blue aboard the shuttle to Second Earth. Now, Marlene must face an inquiry before the High Council and defend her recent actions on the planet's surface.
13. Heresy When Yuji disappears from the Medical Station, Marlene defies orders and decides to find him on her own.
14. Set Marlene's attempts to free Yuji from the laboratory in which he is being held are thwarted. Now she must once again stand before the High Council to defend her actions, this time with Yuji at her side.
15. Calm After beginning an intensive combat training program with the newly formed Sleeper Brigade, Yuji finds himself the object of another young Sleeper's attention.
16. A Sign A large attack force is sent to Earth, the first wave in a new campaign to reclaim the planet from the Blue. Yuji is awed when a fellow Sleeper, Tony, wipes out an entire Blue nest on his own.
17. Eclosion Marlene notices that Yuji's behavior is getting stranger and stranger. On the battlefield he is a force to be reckoned with, but he has an unhealthy obsession with destroying the Blue.
18. Chaos Director Miyagi reveals to Marlene the true cause of Yuji's accelerated rate of achievement - an infestation of "B cells" that have begun to eat away at his mind.
19. Collapse The Sleeper Brigades launch yet another offensive against the Blue, and Yuji's lust for battle grows out of control as his B cells begin to take hold of his sanity.
20. Versus The second airborne operation meets with disaster when the Blue counterattack outnumbers Second Earth forces five-to-one.
21. Joker While Marlene flies a distraught Yuji back to Second Earth, Tony uses his Sleeper skills to infiltrate the High Council.
22. Dogma Yuji and Marlene infiltrate the Blue infested Medical Station and are soon reunited with Rick and Soo.
23. Soliste With Rick injured too severely to continue, Marlene and Yuji continue through the Medical Station alone.
24. Compass The remaining survivors aboard Second Earth begin to rebuild after Tony's devastating attack. Director Miyagi lays out his plan to make Second Earth the permanent home of the human race.
25. Adagio Satellite images of the Earth reveal a mass Blue migration in South America, and Yuji volunteers to investigate.
26. Let Me A monstrous Blue has emerged in the heart of the South American nest, the only thing standing between Yuji and the answers he so desperately seeks.
|Genres||Drama, Romance, Adventure, Horror|
|Starring||Brice Armstrong, Laura Bailey|
|Supporting actors||Brendan Guy, Kyle Hebert, Carol Hope, Jerry Jewell, Houko Kuwashima, Meredith McCoy, Mike McFarland, Kenji Nojima, Lisa Ortiz, Wendy Powell, Ned Record, Sean Schemmel, Eric Vale|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Horrible animation style, over the top acting, shallow characters, and too much like Starship Troopers are just some of the reasons I hate this anime.Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer
Blue Gender has that old anime look: the limited use of colors with an emphasis on primary colors like blue and green, the slightly blurry animation, the facial feature styles like... Read morePublished on August 30, 2008 by L. Mintah
I completely disagree with the earlier review. This anime was fantastic. With each episode you watch the main 2 characters transform, their ideas their views their decisions. Read morePublished on July 20, 2008 by NYsteve
They have done it again. Not only do you get a gratingly annoying lead character who does nothing more than whine throughout this whole DVD, but you also have the (dis)pleasure of... Read morePublished on September 23, 2003 by Joshua Byrd
I enjoy good anime (InuYasha, Bebop, Gundam Wing, X, FMP, and many others) but Blue Gender lacks so much. Read morePublished on September 22, 2003
This was a disappointment.
The aliens have taken over the Earth, and what's left of mankind lives in space orbit, making occasional forrays to Earth to begin its... Read more
i purchased this dvd on word of great iternet reviews and liked it on most condtions except for few minor tweaks here is how it rounds. Read morePublished on April 2, 2002 by will destruct in 5 4 3 2 1
the great thing about blue gender is it's unique with its combats is the unique mech vs.aliens.the plot is just as well as the action speaking of +'s the special feautures are also... Read morePublished on April 1, 2002