Customer Discussions > Wii Remote Controller forum

A Syncing Problem

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2007 5:21:02 PM PST
Nancy O says:
Has anyone had the following problem? I have three wii remotes. Two of them don't get used often. The other day, I was playing a game with someone and the two I was using worked fine. Later that day, I was playing again with two other people. We started up the other remote and the player LEDs blinked twice on the three remote. The remote didn't turn on. So I thought it need to be re- synronized. I tried, following the instructions in the Wii manual, and the other two shut off! So today, I've been trying to get my remotes to work again by syncing them again. The player LEDs blink like normal when they're beening synced but then, the blink twice over and over again. Most of the time, I can get one working but I have to re-sync every time I turn the system on. I got two wii remotes on a few minutes ago, but the third one shut them both off. Please help!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2007 2:15:31 PM PST
A. Blincoe says:
my two remotes are doing the same thing. re-synching doesnt do anything. any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2007 4:04:17 AM PST
Nancy O says:
I callled Nintendo and fortunetly, they pointed out the problem. You have to re- sync your remotes. When you re-sync them, do not hold the sync button on your wii, just press it. Hold the sync button on your remote. Holding the sync button on the Wii will just turn of your other remote. That fixed all my problems and my three remotes now work. I hope that works for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2007 6:15:36 AM PDT
Thank you so much for this answer. I was losing confidence in the hardware.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2007 4:16:54 PM PST
Yes please read the directions on how to sync. You have to do it in a certain way on a certain screen. The popup text that says press A when you start the wii is the screen you want to the sync process on.

The sync button on the wii sends the clear signal to any wiimotes nearby. When you hit the sync buttons on the wiimotes you don't have to hold it sends a signal to the wii and links up with it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa360ab4c)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Remote Controller
Wii Remote Controller by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (739)