Customer Discussions > Dead or Alive 5 forum

A$$, Tiddies, and more...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2012 5:00:20 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:46:41 PM PDT
Brad Lee says:
This is a joke right? You can't possibly be deriding DOA for TNA while praising Soul Calibur V. Between the two, SCV is far worse. At least DOA girls are reasonably proportioned.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 4:13:41 PM PDT
What was I talking about? And Soul Calibur characters are... not reasonably proportioned?

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:35:50 AM PDT
Brad Lee says:
Oh come now. Soul Caliber V has an ad poster of Ivy's massive, massive cleavage with "Go big or go home" written right across the top. It was clearly a dig against DOA's "I am a fighter" ad with a close-up of Hitomi's lips, with SCV attempting to prove that it is clearly the more pandering of the two.

SC's roster has plenty of not just well-endowed women, but overly so. Ivy and Taki make Tina look tiny by comparison, and she's probably the "biggest" of the DOA cast.

As for the gameplay, they've been making plenty of changes since the demo and the original "alpha" trailer. Will DOA's gameplay "stack up"? There's no way of knowing until the release. But in the end, complaining about TNA and then comparing the game to one that's even more pandering just seems a tad silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 12:44:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2012 12:45:13 PM PDT
That's only a couple of characters. And this is only the case with SCV. This series isn't know for a couple of chicks with huge knockers. It's better known for it's original sword-based fighting style and the "8-way run" movement mechanic that isn't in any other 2D fighter game.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:10:17 AM PDT
Brad Lee says:
I could easily make the argument that DOA isn't known for it's fan-service either, it's known for it's unique martial arts combat and counter system.

Soul Caliber has always had fan-service, it just seems more obvious in V. Sophitia has always had short skirts and cleavage. Ivy has always had an enormous rack and revealing outfits. Taki has always been big and bouncy. Speaking of which, one of the reasons DOA gets so much guff for its fan-service is the "breast physics." But really, Soul Caliber has bouncing tah-tahs too.

So really, I don't understand the criticism. If DOA ends up a bad game it will be to bad gameplay, not because of the fan-service, which doesn't seem any more prominent than it ever was in previous titles.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 1:37:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2012 1:38:23 PM PDT
I don't disagree. It's just that you argument involves only few charcters with bog boobies, while pratically half the cast of DoA characters are women with nice sized racks. And I don't see why it would be more "obvious" that SCV has more "fan service". The characters are not even wearing clothes that reveal as much as they did by their predecessors, especially Ivy now.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:06:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2012 11:09:20 AM PDT
Brad Lee says:
The fanservice in DOA has always been rather overexaggerated anyway. "Boob physics" have been implemented in 3D fighters for a good long time, DOA just got flack for it because of Itagaki's outspoken love of mammary glands. That, and the Xtreme Beach spinoff games. But really, the DOA series has always had reasonable outfits and overly sexy ones. The difference between DOA and Soul Caliber is simply bunny swimsuits vs Princess Leah style fantasy outfits.

If you don't like the gameplay in DOA then that's totally fine. But you keep defending Soul Caliber claiming that their fanservice isn't as bad, and I just don't see the difference. Google "Soul Caliber Breast Size" and you'll find a chart that pretty clearly shows the average Soul Caliber girl is plenty well-endowed... we're talking Lara Croft size and up, so I'm just not seeing the whole argument that only a few girls in SC are exaggerated while DoA is the worse of the two.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 11:23:53 AM PDT
It kind of looks like to me that the chart shows the girls' breast size from largest to smallest, and looks reasonable to me. 'Well endowed", you say? o.o
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead or Alive 5 forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5 by TechnoMarine (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (87)