Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2011 8:30:30 PM PDT
T. Hill says:
As of September 15, this game is a ridiculous $50! I thought 3DS games were supposed to be forty bucks, at the most. This isn't even a new game, it's a port of an older DS game, with only a few new features. I imagine an expansion "8th day" level, new voice acting, and a very paltry addition of 3D MIGHT be worth a $30-$40 price tag, but this? What gives?

I never played the original, I have a new 3DS, and was considering getting this. I've heard many good things about the Shin Megami Tensei series, and FFTactics RPG strategy games intrigue me. This one looks like it has elements of Pokemon in it, even.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 8:39:26 PM PDT
Richard C. says:
It was $40, but Amazon stopped carrying the game, and for whatever reason, independent sellers pushed the price way up. I've been waiting for Amazon to restock for about a week now, but I think I'm just going to head in to Target or, as a last resort, Gamestop tomorrow and purchase it for the actual price of $40.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 8:55:18 PM PDT
T. Hill says:
That's too bad. I may have to do the same. I won't be able to get it until the next month, so maybe it'll be back by then anyway.

Amazon dropped the ball on this one.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 5:08:16 PM PDT
The issue is, the game had a very small print run that ran out too fast. There are rumors about a new print run that'll be out by October though, so I personally will just keep an eye on this one, since I refuse to pay $50-60 for the game to a reseller.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 5:32:40 PM PDT
B. Hoover says:
Phew, glad I didn't wait to pick this gem up. The print must have been very small, since it only took a week or two for the prices to go up near $60. These independent sellers are vultures.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 11:05:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2011 11:17:17 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
I was at WalMart & Future Shop today & neither had this available .... thankfully, I happened across a local on line ad for this used & grabbed it for $20 .... the one save file had less than an hour of playtime. the guy said it was too hard. anyway, I'm 4+ hours in, & it's a pretty cool game. no 3D to speak of, as mentioned in many reviews .... but that does not detract from the game play ... I'd highly recommend the game for anyone into an epic RPG .... "you can be our messiah" . :-)

*just noticed it's listed as discontinued my the manufacturer* that was quick, came out less than a month ago .

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 7:04:45 PM PDT
I had to resort to eBay. My local Gamestop and Best Buy did not have it.

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 10:19:39 PM PDT
sorry says:
yeah I had to get mine off ebay as well.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 9:38:52 AM PDT
Atlus will eventually reprint it.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 11:14:58 PM PDT
NeoStar9 says:
I hope they indeed do have another print run. I would like to pick this up but not at the price some are selling the game.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 4:56:03 PM PDT
T. Hill says:
It's already out of print? Wow.

Did Atlus hardly make any copies for its release? Or is it such an excellent game that it was popular enough to sell out so quickly? OR, is it because at the time it was released, there still wasn't a whole lot of 3DS games out there and this happened to be one of the very best on the system?

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 11:06:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2011 11:06:48 AM PDT
Atlus generally prints too few copies of their games, making them go out of stock quite soon. This is probably a record though.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 7:14:17 AM PDT
T. Hill says:
SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS NOW! Geesh!

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 7:21:41 PM PDT
Rose says:
It will get a reprint. They don't have any other games on the 3DS yet to my knowledge. With the way this sold out so fast, it would be foolish to not release more. No company wants to leave money on the table, especially a small one that really needs it.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 10:12:02 AM PDT
It was available for purchase on 10/27 and on sale for $29.99 so Atlus has the ability to re-print this for sure.
Sadly I missed out on the sale.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 3:28:58 PM PDT
Atlus really needs to start doing bigger print runs. I put it in my cart, was going to wait til I received some money on monday,now the game is gone again and I'm not paying $50+ for it, so they've pretty much lost my sale.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 9:45:57 PM PST
Try going to Gamespot or a similar game store website and check their irl stock of this game online. I did it and was able to pick it up for the regular price, though I did have to drive about 20 minutes both ways. They told me it was the only copy they ever got, too. There were multiple stores carrying it around too. You may have to drive a bit, but it's not like this game is just gone. There are plenty of copies floating around.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 11:39:39 PM PST
infernohit says:
Back in stock as of December 09.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 3:32:27 PM PST
Krylancelo says:
The price is normal again, now I wish I had a 3DS... Sorta.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 10:28:27 AM PST
Looks like a good reprint. They had over 1k in stock just a few days ago, and now over 1k in stock again. Thanks Atlus!

Hoping part two gets a 3ds version as well down the road.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 5:18:20 PM PST
ShadowRunner says:
Getting my copy tomorrow; I can't believe it had gone up to 90 bucks. But thankfully I got it for its actual price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 7:55:40 PM PST
a bit off topic, but can you please tell me how you knew there were over 1,000 in stock? You can tell how many amazon has of a particular item in stock? That would be useful to know.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 4:19:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 4:22:17 PM PST
You go to your cart and edit the quantity you would like to add. So far looks like another reprint success from Atlus, as It was over 1k copies in stock on the 10th now down to under 100.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Nintendo 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Nintendo 3DS by Atlus (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (90)