Customer Discussions > Kisses on the Bottom forum

A suggestion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 13, 2012 3:40:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 3:42:52 PM PDT
K. Curley says:
I'm glad that Paul made this album - the one he said he wanted to make for a long time. But I have a suggestion for an album: Why not make a CD of some early, never-recorded songs Paul wrote in the pre-Beatles days? Fans have read about titles like 'That's My Woman', 'Years Roll Along', the instrumentals 'Winston's Walk' and 'Looking Glass' to name a few. Adding perhaps songs like 'Just Fun', 'Too Bad About Sorrows', and others that have surfaced in not-so-serious fragments recorded during the 'Let It Be' sessions. It's be a kick to hear these, even if they were primitive early song writing attempts. Personally, I think that if such an album idea even occurred to Paul, he might be worried about the potential trouble such songs might cause. After all, were some or all such songs co-written with John? Would Yoko demand John get co-credit? Or at this late stage can he even remember who wrote what? Maybe doing something like this would be more of a headache to Paul than it'd be worth. Still, we don't have a time machine, and Paul is the only Beatle with such songs in living memory. He's already forgotten some - he said in an interview that if George hadn't remembered 'Thinking Of Linking' (performed on the bonus DVD of 'Anthology') that it would have been lost as he didn't remember it himself. As for the many other songs from that eary period they will indeed be lost - unless Sir Paul decides to resurrect them before it's too late.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 3:07:49 PM PST
icecube says:
uhhhh........ no.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 1:29:29 AM PDT
TonyD says:
uhhhh - YES please!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 13, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kisses on the Bottom
Kisses on the Bottom by Paul McCartney (Audio CD - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (483)