5.0 out of 5 stars It would be a bargain even at twice the price
Published on April 1, 2010 by Heidi Willis

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting-BEWARE
Many times Amazon and its sellers offer consumers truly great deals.
In this case, it was one of the rare ones, where it might be too good to be true.
I received my battery with quickness and eagerly opened it up. It seemed right.
Upon attempting to place the battery in, clearly being a knock-off or "other" brand
besides Apple became very apparent...
Published on October 27, 2010 by Dennis Kennelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting-BEWARE, October 27, 2010
This review is from: Apple A1062, A1080, M8665, M8416 Replacement Laptop Battery for Apple iBook G3, G4 14" Series, 4400 mAh (8 Cell) Li-ion, Snow White Battery (Electronics)
Many times Amazon and its sellers offer consumers truly great deals.
I received my battery with quickness and eagerly opened it up. It seemed right.
besides Apple became very apparent. You see, the battery's edge would not fit. It
stuck out. And not on the rounded edge either. Imagine your car's trunk lid not shutting
tightly because it's not shaped right and having to mash it down as best as you can, then
locking it in place, as that's the all you can do.

I accepted it and used a handy exacto blade and trimmed it off so it would fit.
But lo and behold, I used the battery up, and allowed it to recharge completely, to help
establish it's base charge, and now it's basically reading as if it's at a constant 85%
level when it's dead. If you pull the plug, it dies. It's giving a false reading and
was quite a gyp. I think the manufacturers sold me a "similar, should fit all sizes"
when in effect they should specify that it truly does not fit the make and model
of the computer they are selling it for.

The fact that they got 40 dollars out of me, I took as a life lesson for all the deals
I have gotten over the years and to go ahead and invest in the real actual quality
merchandise for my precious laptop.

To other deal hunters out there, beware of this gimmick! I doubt you'll be as relaxed
about the issues that I experienced.

D.K.

5.0 out of 5 stars It would be a bargain even at twice the price, April 1, 2010
There is nothing spectacular about a computer battery, but once my original iBook battery completely died, leaving me cord-bound, I realized how much freedom one affords you. I didn't want to spent the $100+ for a mac battery, especially since my laptop is old and in need of replacing soon anyway. This one turns out to not only be a third the price as an Apple model, it works just as well if not better. I've had it for several weeks and it consistently gets at least 5 hours on the 14 inch screen fully lit, or nearly 7 hours if I keep the screen at 3/4 brightness. It fits perfectly, although is slightly grayer.

I was nervous about buying something so much less expensive, but so far I can only say it was the smartest thing I could have done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, reliable, May 23, 2009
This battery is great, I've had it for several months and it has allowed me to truly be wireless once again. The fit is not perfect, but who cares if it doesn't sit in the battery space with precision when it just works seamlessly? The value for not buying Apple branded batteries can't be beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the one from Apple?, November 20, 2009
The battery fits better in my iBook G4 than the original one provided by Apple. This review may be premature because I only had the battery for one day. However, I was using it for 6h with one charge. I can drop another review in a couple of months if I remember to do so. I saved $85.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, not a perfect fit (iBook G4 14"), September 4, 2010
Bought this battery as a replacement for the original battery in my iBook G4 14". With about a week of light use, the battery life seems to be fine. It takes a charge like it should, and the OSX's estimate of remaining battery life seems reasonable. I've not had a chance to fully test the battery life yet.

My only complaint is that the fit isn't perfect. It's a minor complaint because it *does* fit. It's just a tight fit. At the corner of the battery nearest the middle of the computer, it is not flush -- by about 1/16 of an inch. Not a big deal, but definitely noticeable by touch.

With the knowledge that the fit isn't going to be perfect, I would recommend this battery to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars This battery died before a year., December 10, 2010
Michael Bendezu (San Isidro, Lima Peru) - See all my reviews
My G4 Ibook is with me since early 2006 and still works flawlessly. I replaced the original battery with this new one a year ago. Now I know why Apple is charging $129 for a new battery: ¨Quality¨.
This battery is well constructed but did not make it to the year. My original battery lasted about 3 years of heavy use. It's true, as a replacement it's affordable (paid about $50), but it's not worth it. You get the quality you pay for.
Will buy a new one from Apple.

4.0 out of 5 stars iBook Battery, November 6, 2010
The battery does not fit in the space as tightly as the original but it does fit and it seems to be working well. Have had it less than one month so cannot comment on how good the battery life is yet. If it lasts two years it will be as good as the original battery, of which, I went through two in five years. So, at a price of one-third of the original battery, it an exceptional value, if it lasts as long. We'll see.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail imitation China junk!, July 6, 2010
Doesn't even fit the iBook perfectly and doesn't go in smoothly. The company tried to give me a refund if I didn't give them a bad rep. Don't buy from these corrupt people, they are selling cheap China made garbage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Product is not as advertised, April 17, 2011
Customer service was excellent.
However, product didn't fit.
Had the company sent me a replacement I would have been impressed, they did not.

'We' buy in good faith, but the companies don't have faith in the customer[s].

1.0 out of 5 stars laptop battery apple ibook g4 14' a 1062, December 22, 2010
The price seemed right, and the previous reviews for the product appeared to be excellent. Initially the battery life was 4-4.5 hours on an I-book G4 14" monitor. A month a half later battery life has rapidly dwindled to 1 to 2 operating hours on Better Energy Savings. LAPTOP BATTERY APPLE IBOOK G4 14" A1062 A1080 M8665 M8416 M8416G/A M8416J I regret buying this product and cannot recommend in any way, shape, or form for anyone to purchase this.

Rate and Discover Movies