Canon PowerShot A495 10.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.3x Optical Zoom and 2.5-Inch LCD (Blue)
Used & New from: $59.95
A495 and batteries Recently bought the PowerShot A495 as a gift and am a little puzzled by the instruction manual regarding batteries. It says to only use AA alkalines or NiMH recharageables. But what about lithium AAs, like Energizer Ultimate Lithium? Is there any reason not use them? I find lithium AAs last MUCH longer than alkalkines in a different digital camera I own (and which, I now see, also doesn't mention standard lithium batteries in its instruction manual). (I use NiMH batteries as a fallback, but don't always have them at hand.)
asked by James Donahue on August 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
vote
There is no reason you cannot use lithium batteries. Disposable lithium batteries are relatively new on the market and not available everywhere so that may be why Canon neglected to mention lithium batteries specifically in the manual. Not to worry though, go right ahead and use them, you'd be crazy not to.
Sparky answered on November 29, 2010

A
votes
I think the Sanyo Eneloops are a great choice for this camera. Sanyo NEW 1500 eneloop 4 Pack AA Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries
Yarii answered on August 16, 2011

A
votes
Crazy to not use lithium? Hardly. The main reason to not use lithium disposables is their substantially higher cost than alkalines. The reasons to choose them are lighter weight, longer shelf life and better low temperature performance.
OldAmazonian answered on August 16, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›